It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update On Breaking News On NYC Evacuation, Car Bomb Was The Cause

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
Well, I'm glad I stayed in Brooklyn this evening. Could have gone out, though I would have been downtown not in Times Square.

I was suppose to go out to the city tonight too.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It was a car bomb, they found propane tanks, powder, ect. Check out this link:

www.kfvs12.com...

Not on CNN.com, and this happened at around 630 tonight.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
press conference, within the hour, coming, live, from Times Square.

1. all clear if that's the case.
2. more than just some b.s. device if the mayor and the police comissioner are flying back to NYC for this

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The reason the "24 hour news channels" have been slow on the uptake getting to the story is because they operate with skeleton crews on weekends. I don't think they even have real reporters on hand a lot of the time to get on these things. MSNBC is usually the last to get to these things because they are basically the Prison Channel on weekends. Surprising they were first, this time. One of their reporters must have happened to be working on the weekend, or something.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You forgot F.B.I written on the front doors , sloppy journalism .No seriously glad no one is hurt . Give it time I'm sure there is alot more to come out of this . Will be interesting to see were the offical finger gets pointed .

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Where's the live press conference going to be shown?? I only see Larry King and a Clinton impressionist at the moment...(on CNN)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
MSNBC and FOX are reporting the news. Change the channel, CNN is being especially pathetic this weekend.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I just realized that it has been exactly for months to the day when Times Square was shut down for 2 hours the day before New Years Eve for a van that was parked illegally. I don't remember if they ever found the owner of the van but I do remember there ended up being nothing harmful in the van, however if they did not find the owner of the van I can't help thinking of the possibility of it being nothing but false flags building up to the real thing. Our enemies have a major advantage in being able to watch our defense response play by play.

-Pi

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Ah thank you. I always forget about MSNBC for some reason...and I wouldn't watch Fox if they paid me.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This sounds like a HOAX DEVICE. A device meant to look like a bomb but nothing more. If so what was the purpose of it? Was it to learn about how they would react to a real car bomb or what? Was it to help cover another crime going down across town? Most any 15 year old can build a bomb now days so I think this device was not meant to do anything other than to draw attention but for what reason.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The New York Daily News has some details on this I haven't heard in other papers or on TV right now.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
This sounds like a HOAX DEVICE. A device meant to look like a bomb but nothing more. If so what was the purpose of it? Was it to learn about how they would react to a real car bomb or what? Was it to help cover another crime going down across town? Most any 15 year old can build a bomb now days so I think this device was not meant to do anything other than to draw attention but for what reason.

That's one possibility. I keep thinking that it could have been a supplies truck for a street vendor. They use propane and gas (for generators) and sometimes use charcoal (could leave behind black colored powder substance).

The only thing that cuts into that theory is that it has illegit plates. The car was a Nissan and the plates match to a Ford.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
per NBC, the NYPD believes this is a crude car bomb.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
MSNBC now stating its a crude car bomb

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
msnbc is already pointing fingers at homegrown extremists... this is ridiculous. we should let this play out...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Here's a wild guess on how this will play out:

MSNBC: TPM/Militia/RWNuts
FOX NEWS: Illegal Immigrants

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think the speculation about "hoax device to learn more about emergency response" is a bit overblown. So what if anyone learns "gee a bunch of alphabet agency people show up"?

Perhaps I'm missing the point, but actual real security takes into account the fact that public responses are, well, public. Surely there are many methods of available response to a localized emergency, and different reactions are deployed as necessary.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Here's a wild guess on how this will play out:

MSNBC: TPM/Militia/RWNuts
FOX NEWS: Illegal Immigrants

How long do you think it'll take for them to mention this:
www.may1.info...

Being at Union Square on May 1, many thousands strong will be an important part of overturning racist, anti-immigrant legislation just passed in Arizona.

But that was in Union Square, not Times Square.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

There would still be valuable details previously unbeknownst to a potential attacker that they could use in future planning.

- Rapidity of response for example would be a valuable consideration.
- Rapidity of public evacuation.
- A keen observation could also see where they are taking LE resources from to deal with such an event and what areas of NYC may become more vulnerable as a result.

Of course, like I said a little earlier, any such details (if any) are now known to a potential attacker as a mere result of this event, whether it was intended for this purpose or not.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
Here is a live cam of times square if you want to watch the police activity LIVE. www.earthcam.com...
[edit on 1-5-2010 by wiredamerican]

Thank you for that link, wiredamerican. It sure gave me a clue as to what was going on down there.

I just checked it a few minutes ago. It sure isn't a joke. I saw a few cop cars, some ambulances and a large black truck with the "NYC Department of Environmental Protection" logo on it. Apparently reporters heard an explosion at around 9 something ish.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join