It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese propaganda machine in full swing!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Haha and how much crap does our country consume from those slaving away making our clothes and other cheap Chinese crap for those wages?. That's CAPITALISM FOR YOU! Producing the cheapest product possible with the cheapest labor and selling at the biggest profit possible. The Chinese are better capitalists than the US.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Sorry but Freedom is always worth fighting for,
no matter what the costs.

I find it ironic that you state this about Taiwan
but yet feel differently when it comes to
Palestinians. Are Palestinians also fighting
for their FREEDOM??

I am not pro Palestinian.
just find it ironic that your analogy
only applies when you want it
to apply.

Brother I admire your passion
but we in the US have far greater
issues that need addressing such as
American Citizens being attacked
and killed on our southern border.
I think it wise and prudent to focus
on the homeland and it's people
than to become involved in domestic
squabbles around the globe that doesn't
affect us directly.

But to each his own I guess

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
They would enact stricter tariffs but they dont..........because their allegiance lies with the corporation not their country. That's the difference between American government and Chinese government. Corporation first vs. their country first.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

That is BS dude.

The Chinese gov sold their people out to the corporations as well.

The Chinese gov't would sell their people down a river for a few Yuan it's a fact.

Look at how badly polluted their countryside has become, they sure love their country!

It is a fact that they have sold their people out to the corporations.

I can't believe you are ignoring the facts like this...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Our grandparents? My grandfather fought in WWII as a Navy Pilot. And you know what? He was one of the most brainwashed Americans I have ever met. That entire generation was. Yeah they achieved a lot but they also are part of the reason MY generation is dealing with the crap we are dealing with. It was THEIR KIDS the baby boomers who have single handedly destroyed this country. The baby boomers and my grandparents are the ones who have been in power for the last 50+ years. So don't sit there and glorify a generation that was mostly responsible for the situation we are in now.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I find it ironic that you state this about Taiwan
but yet feel differently when it comes to
Palestinians. Are Palestinians also fighting
for their FREEDOM??

I am not pro Palestinian.
just find it ironic that your analogy
only applies when you want it
to apply.

What?

I have never Not Defended them...

I have always taken a similar stance on that issue as well....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You're right and like I said I hate the Chinese as much as I hate my government. We are one in the same as far as people living under tyranny. We are just two oppressed peoples living under different paradigms.......but paradigms nonetheless.

And if you think America is this pristine clean environmentally healthy country you're the one missing the facts and need to get out more. Many parts of America are extremely polluted. Look at the recent oil spill. Look at the great lakes. Look at the deforestation the strip mining we do in our own country. Look at the nuclear waste sites and the superfund sites. We are just a very wealthy country that can better deal with our environmental problems. The Chinese will eventually realize they must take better care of their environment. We were where the Chinese are 50 years ago as far as pollution and toxic waste and environmental disaster.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The baby boomers and my grandparents are the ones who have been in power for the last 50+ years.

I disagree. The global banksters have had power for over 250 years.

No wonder Taiwan is being sold out, and everyone thinks its JUST FINE and DANDY....

Every comment I read is just a super long way of saying "Who Cares about the Taiwanese let them rot in hell" essentially...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
China has had its eye on Taiwan forever. Zbigniew Brzezinski even promised U.S. support of China "owning" Taiwan during the Carter administration, but then he stole the idea back after getting what he wanted publically. I guarantee there are a lot of behind the scenes dealings with America supporting this.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Well the way I see it is, Taiwan is made up of Chinese people as is the Republic of China, which makes them both Chinese. So ONE country.

If you were really for Freedom then give Hawaii back to the Hawaiian Indigenous population then, which the US stole. Same can be said for Guam and Peurto Rico and Texas.

The ONLY reason the US supports Taiwan is to Piss Off the Chinese Republic, nothing else. If it came to blows between Taiwan and the Republic of China, the US would piss their pants.

link   

And if you think America is this pristine clean environmentally healthy country you're the one missing the facts and need to get out more

See this is you ASSUMING BS because my views didn't fit in your little box.

I have NEVER said that about America.

I have been EXPOSING American crimes for years on ATS to other people. I have spoke out against the wars for profit, the false flag terrorism, etc etc.

I have the right to attack Chinese Government as well.

Please do not think just because I attack the Chinese this automatically means I am 100% pro-US Gov. This is a fallacy.

link   

Yeah let's blame everything on the banksters?????????
Come on! Let's just blame everything on Adam taking a bite of the apple right? Or better yet let's blame everything on Eve because she tempted Adam. I'm not downplaying the force of international bankers. I guess we might as well give up now because those evil bankers control every aspect of our lives and the decisions we make right? Thought you said we are a free country? See how these arguments always play out? It's all bs. We as human beings and as Americns are still in control of our destiny.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

The ONLY reason the US supports Taiwan is to Piss Off the Chinese Republic, nothing else. If it came to blows between Taiwan and the Republic of China, the US would piss their pants.

The "Republic of China" IS Taiwan.

Mainland China is the Communists.

en.wikipedia.org...

Please educate yourself before you participate in this debate. Thank you.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Every comment I read is just a super long way of saying "Who Cares about the Taiwanese let them rot in hell" essentially...

I care about the Taiwanese and lots of people care about the Taiwanese. You're painting with too broad a brush. Not everyone in Taiwan wants to be an independent nation. That is a Fact.

And the ROC is not some squeaky-clean democratic beacon of hope. That is (just my opinion, being presented here as) a Fact.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I don't remember selling out either. I don't think I ever will, at least I hope not. I'm not the one saying that you are a blind supporter of America, if I remember correctly you are not. I said our leaders (most) have sold out years ago.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Whatever!

Just change it to the two Chinas. A war between them and the US would definately not come to Taiwans aid.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

This president will certainly just give it away. I feels that he prefers the Chinese style of government anyway. What he should do is swap Taiwan for North Korea. The Chinese let us take out the N. Korean leadership and unify the country and they get to occupy Taiwan.

Seems like a fair trade to me. Kind of like those trades in pro sports.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

That actually sounds like a sensible idea. I am sure the Chinese would not mind doing that as North Korea has been a thorn in their side for years. Then the US could remove its bases from S. Korea and Japan, thus stabilising the Pacific.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Taiwan is too valuable (production/industry) to be taken over by conventional war. China will have to "breed someone in" like we did with Karzai. Find someone who's connected and a good politician, educated in China, then bring them to power in Taiwan.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Exactly! Just like the way they've come close to taking America out with the Obama administration. The one great weakness of democracy is that it is susceptible to demogogues and thus are ripe for a Manchurian candidate style takeover. This is especially true for a dumbed down morally ignorant populace. (The demoralization of the country is probably a prerequisite for this to happen.)

Dictatorships, on the other hand, are susceptible to citizen unrest, as their draconian and freedom stifling policies and their human rights abuses pile up grievances. That I think will be a weakness of N. Korea and to a lesser extent China.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Myself: I've always said let Taiwan develop the nuclear bomb, or least something biological enough (to end China's one child policy!). After all it's hardly like China has helped us with (either) North Korea or Iran.

After that I'd let Taiwan defend itself, whilst the Chinese can be left to do the same equation that confronts every superpower: Nuclear War = Muturally Assured Destruction, no nuclear war = Muturally Assured Prosperity.
The Chinese are rational enough to know which option most serves their national-political interests. Meanwhile China-US-Europe relations would have lost a major source of confrontation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join