It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese propaganda machine in full swing!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was reading a article on CNN this morning and then I started to read the comments section where people can post their opinions.
www.cnn.com...

Anyways check this out.

There is a ton of people on there posting "I am Chinese and Taiwan is Ours bla bla" seriously making a STRONG PUSH to justify taking over Taiwan to themselves.

And there are a lot of comments that are OBVIOUSLY Chinese people, because they cannot speak English for crap, and they are also 100% obviously pro- China.

I am very disturbed by the fact the Chinese propaganda machine is in full swing today, they are out in force posting their lies all over the net.

Taiwan does NOT BELONG to China!

Taiwan is the ORIGINAL NATIONALIST CHINESE GOVERNMENT.

They were chased out of their homeland by the Communists.

In World War 2 we helped the Chinese (Taiwan now), but by the end of the war the Communists were taking over the country.

The ChiCom government wants nothing more than to destroy Taiwan OR integrate it into their country. They will NOT ACCEPT any other outcome.

This in my opinion shows the true colors of the Chinese government, RED. The color of Taiwanese blood.

We here in the West need to SUPPORT the people of Taiwan who are under constant threats from the ChiCom warmongers. We should pledge to defend them at all costs.

I am not allowed to post on CNN because they keep censoring all of my posts. Many pro-Taiwan posters also said they were censored.

However CNN is NOT censoring the Chinese Communist's propaganda at all.

TAIWAN IS NOT CHINA'S!!! It is an Independent nation!

We need to combat this propaganda and stand with the Taiwanese people and protect their freedoms and their safety from this oppressive threat across the channel.

I have been against US Imperialism and Russian Imperialism since day 1.
And you can bet I will stand strong against this CHINESE IMPERIALISM as well!

Why is CNN censoring pro-Taiwan comments? And why are they promoting pro-ChiCom comments?

Sorry, This stuff just ticks me off to no end. /end rant

[edit on 1-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Tried going to the site, my peerblock does not like Turner Broadcasting Network.

Yes, Taiwan is a sovereign nation. Our government has been backing them.

Hopefully that does not change.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Taiwan is part of china just like kuwait is part of Iraq.

The official name of the state is "Republic of China"; it has also been known under various names throughout its existence. Shortly after the ROC's establishment in 1912, while it was still located on the Asian mainland, the government used the abbreviation "China" ("Zhongguó") to refer to itself, for instance during the Olympic Games[17] or at the United Nations. During the 1950s and 1960s, it was common to refer to it as "Nationalist China" to differentiate it from the "Communist China" on the Asian mainland.

edit: to add more

The Kingdom of Tungning, lasting from 1661 to 1683, was the first Han Chinese government to rule Taiwan, having taken the territory from the Dutch. From 1683, the Qing Dynasty ruled Taiwan as a prefecture and in 1875 divided the island into two prefectures. In 1885 the island was made into a separate Chinese province to speed up development in this region. In the aftermath of the First Sino-Japanese War, Taiwan and Penghu were ceded by the Qing Dynasty to Japan in 1895. Japanese troops in Taiwan surrendered to the Republic of China at end of World War II

So the land was under Dutch control until 1661 where the territory was taken by the Chinese. The land will then be taken by the Japanese in world war 2, since china was communist, the anti-communist Europeans governments worked hard to not give that land back to china. if you tell me, its theirs, the Europeans have no right what to say in that subject. also they should give Kuwait back to Iraq.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Whether the people on Taiwan are Chinese or Taiwanese is not worth fighting a war with China for, Hong Kong hasn't gone to Hell, imho the best thing would be for the US to stop supporting Taiwan and let them negotiate a settlement.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
Whether the people on Taiwan are Chinese or Taiwanese is not worth fighting a war with China for, Hong Kong hasn't gone to Hell, imho the best thing would be for the US to stop supporting Taiwan and let them negotiate a settlement.

HELL NO.

The minute you bow down to the ChiCom they will get it in their heads they can start making demands for everything else.

We will NEVER bow to this Imperialist Expansionist BS.

Defending Freedom is always worth fighting for.

The only reason Taiwan is Free is because we have been STRONG and willing to defend them.

Once we tuck tail and run (like you suggest) Taiwan will collapse. And I promise you the ChiCom gov't WILL go about rounding up the pro-freedom party in Taipei to extract it's 50year old revenge. They will be executed purely for their political beliefs.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

mate its thier territory, the Europeans have no say to what happens in Asia, read my earlier post and see for yourself the history of Taiwan.

this has nothing to do with freedom, its what the elite europeans did back then when they used to divide and conquer.

Taiwan was truly occupied by the Dutch before it was taken back by the Chinese back in the 1600's

[edit on 1-5-2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

IMO its just different empires fighting over control of Taiwan. Taiwan could not exist without at least support from outside countries. China would gladly take them back over. If CNN is purposely spinning their comments by censoring pro-taiwan viewpoints then perhaps we made a deal with the chinese to allow them to re-incorporate Taiwan? We do owe them quite a lot...
Wouldn't surprise me to see them take Taiwan back within the next few months now.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

mate its thier territory

Taiwan is independent.

They do NOT belong to the Chinese.

Why are you siding with tyrants ?

I just don't get it.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Communists are the bad guys and we always have to oppose them, wherever they are in the world, I get that. And yet, the ROC were not good guys. They were fascists attempting to create an authoritarian one-party system in their own image. They just happened to lose to the communists and were forced to flee the country. There are lots of Taiwanese who view the ROC takeover in 1945 as just that, a takeover; an invasion. And with the massacres, arrests, and the - i don't know - martial law that lasted for 35 years, who can blame them.

Sure things have mellowed out and democratized some in Taiwan. But it's a complex issue. Some Taiwanese want to reintegrate with the Mainland. Others want to be a sovereign nation, and (just like the OP said "Taiwan does not belong to China") others believe that Taiwan does not belong to China. EITHER China. Not the PRC and not the ROC.

BTW, speaking of freedom, ever notice how both China AND Taiwan claim sovereignty over Tibet??

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Are you gona be doing any of the fighting ?

As I said Hong Kong hasn't gone to hell so why bother propping up the nationalist remnants, I doubt life would change for the man in the streets of Taiwan.

However a war with mainland China would devastate Taiwan, it would be up to haw mad the US president was as to how badly damaged both the US and China were.

Either way the worlds economy is kaput, it's not as if Kim Il Sung is going to take over, so I stick to the not worth a war with China stance, if nothing else think how damaged your navy would get.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by time91

IMO its just different empires fighting over control of Taiwan. Taiwan could not exist without at least support from outside countries. China would gladly take them back over. If CNN is purposely spinning their comments by censoring pro-taiwan viewpoints then perhaps we made a deal with the chinese to allow them to re-incorporate Taiwan? We do owe them quite a lot...
Wouldn't surprise me to see them take Taiwan back within the next few months now.

If that is true my own government has become the Enemy.

I can't believe you people will SELL OUT the Freedom Loving Taiwanese people over these political games.

They are being SOLD OUT to murderers.

Once the Chinese come in, they will round up all pro-democracy peoples and have them imprisoned or shot. Mark my words.

Look at Tibet...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

As I said Hong Kong hasn't gone to hell so why bother propping up the nationalist remnants,

I could care less what form of government the people of Taiwan choose.

But they have answered NO to China many times, and continue to do so.

So I have to defend them since VIRTUALLY EVERYONE is siding with China these days.

I honestly feel like I am one of the only people left speaking out for the average Taiwanese citizen who is being caught up in the middle of all of this.

And to your comments that it's not worth a war, well I am sure you would have said that in WW2 about the Imperial Japanese and the Nazi's too huh. Not worth fighting over eh....

Sorry but Freedom is always worth fighting for, no matter what the costs.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I'm not supporting it, but it has become abundantly clear that most of the world leaders sold out the noble idea of freedom decades ago. The only reason we aren't in a worldwide police state is they haven't got control of everyone's mind yet. Give it time.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Oh please shut up! America doesn't defend freedom anymore. Look at our own country. You're a brainwashed moron if you think America fights for freedom. There are so many countries out there that are more free than the USA. We imprison more people than any other nation in the world. How's that for freedom? Keep drinking your kool aid buddy!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Oh please shut up! America doesn't defend freedom anymore. Look at our own country. You're a brainwashed moron if you think America fights for freedom. There are so many countries out there that are more free than the USA. We imprison more people than any other nation in the world. How's that for freedom? Keep drinking your kool aid buddy!

So, basically what your saying is this.

I am allowed to post anti-America comments on ATS all day long and that is OK.

But once I post an Anti-China thread, I am now a brainwashed kool aid drinking zombie.

WTF????? Why the Double Standards????

Is America the ONLY bad guy on Earth or something???

Am I only allowed to bash America???

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91

I'm not supporting it, but it has become abundantly clear that most of the world leaders sold out the noble idea of freedom decades ago. The only reason we aren't in a worldwide police state is they haven't got control of everyone's mind yet. Give it time.

I never sold out the idea of freedom.

But I guess since the world leaders did, than now it is ok for you to sell out too huh?

Yall are calling me a zombie but it's you guys who are playing follow the leader.

I am doing something no one else is brave enough to do, stand up against all of these double standards and other bs.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I hate the Chinese. But I'm not about to spew the pro America crap just to make them look bad. They are both corrupt and tyrannical. But at least the Chinese don't put up with illegals coming into their country and destroying it. I'd say despite all the human rights abuses, and other human travesties the Chinese government puts CHINESE PEOPLE first. Can't say that about the US government. They put money first and have sold out their own kind decades ago. The Chinese are CHINESE globalists. American politicians are globalists selling out to the highest bidder be them Mexicans, Saudi Arabians, or whoever. The American people take a backseat.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'd say despite all the human rights abuses, and other human travesties the Chinese government puts CHINESE PEOPLE first.

Yeah it puts them first into a factory for slave wages.

Next?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The US government has been letting the Chinese walk all over us for the last 30 years. If the US government wanted to protect American manufacturing and the American people they would have cracked down on China and their currency manipulation decades ago. They would enact stricter tariffs but they dont..........because their allegiance lies with the corporation not their country. That's the difference between American government and Chinese government. Corporation first vs. their country first.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

But I'm not about to spew the pro America crap just to make them look bad.

I never said any pro-America government crap.

I said a lot of Pro-Freedom crap though.

Maybe you equate the two as similar. When I said "I , me , we , us" I was referring to people like my grandparents who fought to make sure I was Free.

Never once did I say anything supportive of the US Gov. You are twisting things to fit your point of view because my point of view does not fit in the nice little box you wish it fit in.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join