It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Oklahoma Abortion Laws

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER: I have searched on this site for any other threads on this, and I came up with nothing, so don't complain to me that there is another thread on this.

newsok.com...

For anyone who's too lazy to click the link, it's basically saying that any women who wants to get an abortion has to watch their fetus get abortion, in great detail (this is regardless whether not the woman was raped, incest, etc.). Also, it's illegal sue a health care provider because an "omission contributed to the mother not having obtained an abortion". It seems like these laws were created for the sole purpose of discouraging women from getting an abortion.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by technical difficulties]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
why should they make any effort to killing a baby comfortable?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
1. This law applies to anyone wanting to get an abortion, including women who were raped and women whose lives are in danger.
2. Abortion is a painful process

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is ridiculous! They cannot force a woman to look at anything.

This kind of intrusive law makes me sick. I honestly don't know how they can do it.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
WTF... so are they saying they rather have children in the orphanage and complain about nation debts.

It is our body, it is our right what kinda say do you have to say in that.

So are you saying it is another form of way taking human right away for the NWO!?!?!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

yeah...right...because having an abortion is so comfortable for the woman...right. with your statement, you prove beyond a reasonable doubt, why some people should be called an idiot.

listen buddy, maybe the government should be in charge of your testicular emissions, since you seem to want to control what is inside a womans body...i think the government should "stop your horse" before it "gets out of the barn"

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This is ridiculous! They cannot force a woman to look at anything.

This kind of intrusive law makes me sick. I honestly don't know how they can do it.

hey BH...glad to see you're still around...well maybe that's my fault. i couldn't agree with you more. this kind of proves that there are still slopped-headed, knuckle-dragging men that think they can dictate what a woman can do with what is inside her own body.

"shoe on the other foot" seems to be a saying that apparently flies right over their heads.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
so if i can somehow fit you inside my body you then become under my rule? and i get to kill you if i want? what if im just a bigass 400 pound guy and your a tiny little 80 pound twig, if i can get all the way around you is it fair game?

give me a break.

and yah if a girl is raped i dont think she would mind seeing the abortion happen, i know i wouldnt if it were me. i would be relieved to see it go.

the creation of the baby is part of the same choice to have sex. once you have sex its still in progress, hence the term ABORTion.

the act of sex is to reproduce, not satisfy your little cravings.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
oh, and the whole "its my body ill do what i want" argument is totally invalid.

plenty of poeple have said the same thing about smoking crack. so if that arguement stands then i think we should be able to put whatever substances we want in our body, because that is essentially the same argument.. just different substance..

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Its like that woman that got 15 abortions in 17 years, what the heck.

Shes a serial killer, and society is applauding it. Does she have any heart or anything, amazing.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This does not really surprise me. I mean
it is Oklahoma we are talking about after
all.

Lurkerman;

How is it men such as yourself find it
necessary to dictate a women's sexual
rights?

You are against abortion, apparently even
in cases of rape. Your idiotic comment
about a rape survivor wanting to see a
video of what the ongoing effects of the
rape is nothing short of sadistic.

Do you also feel the "Morning After" pill
is any of your business as well?

You also expect me to believe you only
have sex to "procreate". Maybe that is
not a stetch after all.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Abortion is murder, and murder is abortion. These bitchs should have to see whats going on.

How about the Italy case recently where a baby lived for 2 days.

Im sick of coddling woman who cant deal with a kid or give it up for adoption. Close your legs, open your minds and get a freaking grip.

Im not trying to bash woman, but come on.

Who brought abortion to America?

I use to be all about womans rights in this regard, but Im not now.

You make the choice to sleep with someone, suck it up.

( I am not talking about rape, or incest victims)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
the act of ending a human life is not supposed to be comfortable. not having to watch it die makes it "routine" like a slaughterhouse.

when a man kills another man, it takes all kinds of emotions like fear, anger, hate, passion, etc...

it just seems wrong trying to sugar coat the same act.. it shouldnt be like a doctor visit it should be like a funeral at the very minimum. the whole abortion "procedure" takes all the emotion and whatnot away that is normally involved with killing.

its an injustice to real killers everywhere.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by capgrup
This does not really surprise me. I mean
it is Oklahoma we are talking about after
all.

Lurkerman;

How is it men such as yourself find it
necessary to dictate a women's sexual
rights?

You are against abortion, apparently even
in cases of rape. Your idiotic comment
about a rape survivor wanting to see a
video of what the ongoing effects of the
rape is nothing short of sadistic.

Do you also feel the "Morning After" pill
is any of your business as well?

You also expect me to believe you only
have sex to "procreate". Maybe that is
not a stetch after all.

i never said i get to dictate a woman's sexual rights. if your whole reason for having sex is not to "procreate" then perhaps your should sterilize yourself. because thats what sex is for, i dont care if your a damn giraffe.

and i didnt say i was against abortion, specially in the case of rape. if a girl is raped she has every right to watch the abomination never ment to be created, be un-created.im simply saying, if you have the balls to kill something, dont do it like a little b*tch. if you cant handle watching it die you have no business killing it.

and i feel the "morning after" pill should be the "morning before" pill. if you arent trying to create life, take care of it long before you have sex. plain and simple. a risk is a risk, you should be held accountable if you take one.

and as for my own sexual decisions, not that its any of your business, but if i were in a situation like that i would wear a condemn. if it breaks i would man up and accept my responsibility.

next.

::ps:: to answer your question. the preamble of the constitution...

inalienable rights mean everybody, including an unborn baby. and one of those rights is the right to life.

if a pregnant lady gets killed its considered a double-murder...is it not? at least in america.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I heard about this and thought I'd got it wrong. So OK wants to force women to watch their own abortions. How are they going to do that? Maybe they'll use the same eye opening device seen in a Clockwork Orange.

I wouldn't even watch my own sons being born in the mirror. I'm a fainter but I went through natural childbirth anyway. It was best that I focused on the internal task at hand. If I looked and didn't like what I saw fainting could have been dangerous for me and my babies. My normally low blood pressure gets lower when I faint.

Is this about educating women or torturing them? Too many people think abortion is used exclusively by party girls. Look at the statistic for sexual abuse in this country. I'm sorry but when a child lives this way they don't take too many good traits into adulthood.

Any woman who uses abortion as birth control clearly has problems. What are you going to do commit/arrest every woman who has more than 1 abortion? Early education should be the focus not torturing women. Imo the misuse of abortion is a symptom of a very sick society. Fix the the illness and the symptoms will subside.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hey Christians, what happened to compassion?

Does that only apply when the person agrees with you on everything?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If a woman has the right to kill a fetus, why cant I do the same to said fetus?

This is a bullsh!t debate and everyone knows it.

IT IS MURDER

ITS NOT ABOUT YOUR DAMN RIGHT TO CHOOSE

I dont care who you are or where youre from, you support abortions, you support murder.

I cant even smoke a joint to help with my physical pain, yet these woman can go and have a vaccum shoved up them to suck a life out?

BULLSH!t

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
If a woman has the right to kill a fetus, why cant I do the same to said fetus?

This is a bullsh!t debate and everyone knows it.

IT IS MURDER

ITS NOT ABOUT YOUR DAMN RIGHT TO CHOOSE

I dont care who you are or where youre from, you support abortions, you support murder.

I cant even smoke a joint to help with my physical pain, yet these woman can go and have a vaccum shoved up them to suck a life out?

BULLSH!t

It must be easy creating simplified positions on an issue when you simplify the issue into a case of black or white.

Who cares about hindsight or critical thinking though, that stuff is useless.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It is this black or white.

Murder is murder. You end a life with abortion do you not?

Call it black and white, green and red, I dont care.

Its that simple.

If you are a victime of abuse of any type and you need an abortion, fine. I can deal with that to a degree.

THATS IT

This is a nonsense fight. Murder is murder.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Womens right to choose my butt. If the woman wants an abortion and the male doesn't, he has no choice in the matter, what so ever. However, if the woman waant to keep the baby, and the male doesn't, oh well, get ready for two dcades of child support. In the end, this is murder, plain and simple..........but as with other things, follow the money.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join