It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian 'doctrine' fueled dehumanization: UNPFII report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Christian 'doctrine' fueled dehumanization: UNPFII report

www.indiancountrytoday.com

A groundbreaking report examining the roots of Christian domination over indigenous peoples and their lands was released this week at the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues.
“Dehumanization leads to the second thing indigenous peoples share in common: Being treated on the basis of the belief that those who invaded our territories have a right of lordship or dominance over our existence and, therefore, have the right to take, grant, and dispose of our lands, territories.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
this story is based on The Discovery Doctrine... a concept of public international law expounded by the United States Supreme Court in a series of decisions, most notably Johnson v. M'Intosh in 1823. The doctrine was Chief Justice John Marshall's explanation of the way in which colonial powers laid claim to newly discovered lands during the Age of Discovery. Under it, title to newly discovered lands lay with the government whose subjects discovered new territory. The doctrine has been primarily used to support decisions invalidating or ignoring aboriginal possession of land in favor of colonial or post-colonial governments.

The origins of the doctrine can be traced to Pope Nicholas V's issuance of the papal bull Romanus Pontifex in 1452. The bull allowed Portugal to claim and conquer lands in West Africa. Pope Alexander VI extended to Spain the right to conquer newly-found lands in 1493, with the papal bull Inter caetera, after Christopher Columbus had already begun doing so. Arguments between Portugal and Spain led to the Treaty of Tordesillas which clarified that only non-Christian lands could thus be taken, as well as drawing a line of demarcation to allocate potential discoveries between the two powers

For years we native peoples have been fighting these kinds of injustices so this is big news to come to light...

This story showcases a real conspiracy of epic global proportions too

www.indiancountrytoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

People know this already. At least in the US, pioneers knew the land already belonged to somebody else. What people don't know is how religion played a part in taking it away from who was already here. This is an interesting read.

One of my friends in Arizona, a Native American, and I were discussing the filing of income taxes one April at work. He pulled out his backpack which contained his filled out form for the year, and he showed it to me.

Written upon it, was, in bold letters to the IRS, YOU OWE ME!

He's never paid taxes, never has anything deducted. He files exempt.

I couldn't disagree with him!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Its not just here in the US this doctrine has displaced millions of non-christians world wide. Africa, south and central America, Australia. to some degree its still going on.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yes, and sad to say, history does repeat itself. How long will it take people to learn, when they are given blatant examples?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, it surely is not going to be learned during this cycle, now is it? Humanity is beginning to wake up, but many have been so brainwashed into almost as Borg like collective.
Will they all wake up in time? I hope so.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Great topic!
It can be safely said though (just to add on) that the whole colonialization and theft process began in Europe, and that the Romans regarded the Germanic tribes quite similarly as later colonists would regard the native peoples elsewhere. The Romans even had a notion of "primitivism" (the noble savage), and some argued that lives closer to nature were somehow less complex, and therefore more moral. However even while this was argued Europe's tribes were enslaved and killed.
I suppose the death-shot for all tribalism was the enzoning laws that divided communal land, which began in Britain.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is just another excuse for the UN to persecute christians, who are already the most persecuted minority in the world and are held as slaves in muslim counties. No thank you UN, take your satanic new age political crap elsewhere. I think we should kick them out of the US personally.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Now wait...
I just knew someone would think this an attack on their faith but it's not, were talking about history and archaic laws that should have been changed...

The Doctrine of Discovery was among Vatican mandates dating back to the 15th century, called papal bulls, that declared Christian monarchs had the right to claim superior title over land and territories that they “discovered.”

The claimed right of “dominion” over Native peoples was based on the thinking that non-Christians were “heathens and uncivilized savages,” with no, or limited rights, to land.

what they didn't say is the papal bulls came into being as Royal families, Spain for one, pressured the church for these.. just to add to their already vast holdings.... even the pope has acknowledge it should never have been done, that was then this is now... Do we keep making the same mistakes???

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

How so?
Of course all tribal people suffer from imposed Abrahamic religions that fuel regional tensions (and tribal struggles over resources).
In Nigeria, for example the Christian/tribal, "animist" South is threatened by the nothern Islamic tribes, who want to impose sharia law.

In South Africa there were polite differences between Christians and animists. With the Xhosa people that goes back to the 19th century, and there was always the "red blanket people" (traditionalists) and adherents of various Christians sects. Actually - a lot of people were a bit of both.

Now, in my town we've let in a lot of Somali refugees and so forth. They start their call to prayer with loudspeakers at 4 am every morning, and we are not happy with this. They take over areas and impose their faith. It's a recipe for trouble...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Please don't put all the so called Abrahamic religions into the same basket. One of them is utterly satanic, and even its founder thought he was demon possessed. The other is basically a thin veneer over the pagan religions of Rome and Greece.

My point is that the UN, being a creature of dark forces, and globalists bent on world domination, hates christianity and will use any excuse to destroy it. They will use the dark history of cultic deviations from christianity to justify it's complete destruction.

The true history of christian missionary work and evangelism has been very positive throughout world history. Look at the example of the Moravians who actually sold themselves into slavery so that they could preach the gospel to the slaves of the West Indies.
www.voiceoftheevangelists.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Thanks for the clarifcations.
Of course the heading "Abrahamic religions" is not my invented terminology (and I suppose it defines origin without making value judgements), and they can all be equally imposing, or beneficial.
I can only speak about southern sub-Saharan Africa. Historically Islam didn't really spread here outside certain enclaves. Whether Christianity and missionaizing was always positive remains disputed. There are often opposing Christian views.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Sorry, but your horrible Christian propaganda turns my stomach.

This report shows that Christianity, as well as all other religions are just control methods put in place by people who wish to control us. Every day that passes proves this point more and more by the continued release of factual and empirical evidence showing religion to be one of the main evils of mankind.

Christianity is one of the worst, because of the disgusting people it attracts - these people rape, pillage, steal and destroy in the name of Christianity. Worse, (in my view) are those who defend these people, and act as 'apologists' for their sickening religious conviction.

I say star and flag this thread - get the message out there about how sick and disgusting religion is. As this thread will show - the evidence is there and it's hard to ignore.

Parallex

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Parallex]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
And you people are looking for an antichrist

The only antichrist there is is THE EUROPEAN CHRISTIAN NATIONS

And that is so by the testimony of their deeds!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
The true history of christian missionary work and evangelism has been very positive throughout world history.

Reminds me of muslims who say "...but Islam is a religion of peace." Christians and muslims - birds of a feather. Everyone knows the Abrahamic religions have been a scourge upon every culture they have touched. Everyone that is except the theists with their imaginary fiend.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Oh Please! are you serious? the Moravians were a small christian heretical sect that was roundly denounced by the vast majority of Xtians. Do you know who Bartolemew de las casa was?

Do you know his role in slavery?

Do you realise that Xtian propaganda is used by all Xtian armies to justify all wars??

Please get real

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It is your Christianity that is satanic, not Islam.
Which despite all the ignorant ones in Islam it at least has some coherency and not the confusion and falsehood of doctrinal Christianity.

Even Judaism, despite its nonsense about chosen people is better than the idolatry of Christianity by making a myth a literal fact.

And believe me as bad as Islam and Judaism are Christianity has more blood on it than all religions, including, Nazism, combined.

That’s the historical record.
Literally millions of Africans were enslaved by Christians and millions of them died.
Literally Millions of Native Americans were slaughter by Christians
Christian nations colonized, all of the third world for at least 200 years or more

All of the Middle East, Africa, South East Asia and South America

All colonized [what amounts to slavery] by the CHRISTIAN EUROPEAN NATIONS

READ AGAIN

CHRISTIAN EUROPEAN NATIONS are responsible for millions and millions of deaths due to outright murder and slavery.

NO GROUP IN THE WORLD, MUSLIMS, JEWS, HINDUS, COMBINED COMES NO WHERE NEAR THAT CARNAGE

Imagine how many people died in that colonialism
Imagine how many people died in slavery

In fact the Belgium’s document that King Leopold worked— read this closely:
THE CHRISTIAN KING LOEPOLD WORKED 10 MILLIN AFRICANS TO DEATH

I could go on and on, but what’s the point, one day I will post a thread outlining the murderous worldwide rampage that Christian Europe did on third world countries-- DOCUMENTED FACTS
I guarantee you it will turn your stomach
Though maybe wake you up!

AND YOU CHRISTIANS WONDER HU THE ANTI-CHRIST IS!

That said, it has to be spoken that there are and has been good Christians, and for some to say they all are bad is as false and ignorant as one who defends the deeds of someone just because they say they are Christian.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Since your religion, atheism, purports that nothing created everything, perhaps we should compare and contrast it's achievements:

Stalin: 70 million dead.
Mao: 100 million dead
Pol Pot: 2 million dead (20 % of their population)

Shall I go on to describe the crowning achievements of atheism all within a single century? I'd hate to leave out other atheist paradises like N. Korea or the reign of terror in France.

In fact atheists, in 100 years murdered more people than all the other worlds religions put together. By the way I do not include catholics as a legitimate christian religion. Killing is not condoned in christianity, but rather loving your enemies is.

Compare this with Islam which calls for their followers to "smite unbelievers". In fact let's try a little pop quiz to see how morally intelligent you are. Which religion is more likely to be from God?

Religion A) " I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them. "
(see nowscape.com... )
Religion B)" But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."

I know for the morally challenged this will just be too difficult to figure out. Probably most of you christian haters can't even assign the correct religion to the correct philosophy, or even worse, believe that it doesn't matter.

new topics

top topics

join