It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All religions should be thrown in the trash!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trudge

ok can you please tell me a religion that doesn't have some form of "God" or "Gods" or "all knowing"

No...I rather watch you post about religion in an uneducated fashion.

Why would I take time to point out the dozens of religeons that do not fllow a God or Gods?

So you can post about them to?

Sorry, I won't give your barbaric weapons more targets to lash out at in frustration.

Go learn about it yourself...hell, in the process you may even learn a little about why "some religeons" are practical and worthy of human consumption.

Second, the human race hasn't evolved enough yet to live without rules but we should be able to evolve past religions, religions were made back when there was no rules, so to make rules they made religion.

Ah...so in your youth and ignorance, you think religion predates rules.

I see...how odd that you assume a thing that needs rules was created before rules.

Third, people who paint the world with a small brush are people like you who follow one religion and don't keep an open mind.

So, I see you also paint people with the same "small brush".

I do not follow one religion nor do I follow one God.

I also am not closed minded enough to assume that a thread like this has merit or reason to exist.

Congratulations on being the 1000th thread this year saying bad things about religion and and the people who have allowed it into their lives.

It is threads like these that waste space on ATS.

Most people follow religions becaue their parents raised them one way or the other.

So not only do you know about all religions (accept the ones without Gods), you also know why "most humans" pick a religion in life.

I hate to be the guy to teach you this, but-

People who "choose religion" are not doing so because someone pushed it down their throats.

In fact, there is a large percent of religious people who found religion on their own.

The same small brush you use to paint all religions, is the same brush you use to label all men/women who have faith.

Now if we are going to forbid something, why don't we start with "stopping young kids from explaining stuff they have no idea about"?

Humans follow by example so if you think the world is flat then its flat.

Again, your lack of understanding of the human condition is amazing.

I am guessing you are either still a teenager trying to figure out his surroundings by blindly waving your hands around. Or that you are just a "trained atheist".

How can you argue with a "God" especially if you family follows it.

Easy... millions of people do it every year.

But thanks for sharing your views, as stilted and one-sided as they may be.

If you do not mind, I rather leave religious study and "the study of human nature" to someone who has some sort of clue on both.

Enjoy your little "religion is ka-ka-poo-poo" thread. It is just about as meaningless and ill-informed as all the others of its kind.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I just got done reading David Icke's book "infinite love in the only truth, everything else is illusion".

WOW, I have read "The Two Babylon's". "The Christ Conspiracy" and these are good books on the subject, but David Icke's books tie the whole thing together.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As a child I was forced to go to church and while their always questioned the story and the authority the church tried to portray. It never worked for me me. I could always see through the BS. I believe we all had this ability as children we have become so good at lying to ourselves.

You will never find the truth in a book but only from within. It's the only belief you can truly own. If all the religions of the world disappeared we would be left with you and me, and right and wrong. That's called harmony in the animal kingdom.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

and the right and wrong part is where it gets sticky.
you realize that's the final problem right? the thing that keeps dividing everyone on this and similar topics? it isn't that the average person of faith doesn't want peace and harmony, on the contrary. it's that there are as many versions of what is right and wrong, as there are types of trees. ya know? it's never that black and white, and it never will be.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by kbriggss

and the right and wrong part is where it gets sticky.
you realize that's the final problem right? the thing that keeps dividing everyone on this and similar topics? it isn't that the average person of faith doesn't want peace and harmony, on the contrary. it's that there are as many versions of what is right and wrong, as there are types of trees. ya know? it's never that black and white, and it never will be.

Well said and insightful.

Star for you.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
my Religion is mother nature... I do not think that should be thrown in the trash..

I am just one of many examples of people who are NOT willing to let go of religion.
Its WARS on religion that must be thrown in the trash.

just my point of view.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kieithsage
my Religion is mother nature... I do not think that should be thrown in the trash..

I am just one of many examples of people who are NOT willing to let go of religion.

just my point of view.

Another post worth cheering.

Star for you AND your religion.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
reply to post by Trudge

I'm curious if you include evolution, the big bang theory, and global warming in this list of religions to be banned. They certainly achieve the same effect of keeping people in line and not asking questions. The science is settled remember? Anyone that denies it is a racist homophobe that doesn't believe the earth is round.

There is a difference between believing blindly in a religion and learning that the earth is round through observation.

You can say.... see this flower? It was made by "God," but have no proof. Or you can say, I have traveled around the world and "know" the earth is round which would then be a fact, or the satellite images reveal that the earth is round.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kieithsage

just my point of view.

Mother nature is not a religion. Is there a "Bible" for mother nature that tells you how to think? I never said you shouldn't believe in a "creator" or "mother nature" I said that all religions should be thrown in the trash

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
As a child I was forced to go to church and while their always questioned the story and the authority the church tried to portray. It never worked for me me. I could always see through the BS. I believe we all had this ability as children we have become so good at lying to ourselves.

You will never find the truth in a book but only from within. It's the only belief you can truly own. If all the religions of the world disappeared we would be left with you and me, and right and wrong. That's called harmony in the animal kingdom.

I agree with you kbriggss, I feel as you that if we could get rid of religions we would see all people as people not what religion they are in and if they are going to heaven or hell for not thinking a certain way. I think like you that it would lead to harmony.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Trudge

I believe that is false in some aspects. A lot of people in the bible encouraged studying ans searching for "the Lord" and those that claimed to be just in slaughter were old testament tribes, tribes being the key word.

Just because the church says that there is not a single piece of bull in the scriptures is not being honest with you. That is why in the new testament it speaks of discernment. Why need discernment if everything should be swallowed an believed?

If you cross check things, such as loving one another, seeking the spiritual fruits, having faith and such, does that not ring true in you're heart? Likewise, does not stoning a rebellious child seem evil?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Again, your lack of understanding of the human condition is amazing.

I am guessing you are either still a teenager trying to figure out his surroundings by blindly waving your hands around. Or that you are just a "trained atheist".

Ok so before you were born way back when the whole world thought the earth was flat, if you went against it you were attacked, same thing with alot of religions back in the day. If you didn't believe their way you were in alot of trouble. Also just because someone has a different view doesn't make them a teenager LOL, oh ya and by the way thats what most religous people do try and attack peoples character becuase they don't believe what they believe. I must be going to hell for writting this post....

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
reply to post by Trudge

I believe that is false in some aspects. A lot of people in the bible encouraged studying ans searching for "the Lord" and those that claimed to be just in slaughter were old testament tribes, tribes being the key word.

Just because the church says that there is not a single piece of bull in the scriptures is not being honest with you. That is why in the new testament it speaks of discernment. Why need discernment if everything should be swallowed an believed?

If you cross check things, such as loving one another, seeking the spiritual fruits, having faith and such, does that not ring true in you're heart? Likewise, does not stoning a rebellious child seem evil?

Yes loving one another, seeking the spiritual fruits, having faith and stuff like that of course it makes sense. I think that people could figure that stuff out on their own don't you?

I feel that there is some type of creator or some sort of "God" if you will but I feel no religion is correct, some have good values but at the same time I feel you don't have to have a religion to be at peace with yourself.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by Trudge

It's all about morals. Morals should not have to be dictated by people who tell you that there is an eternal consequence for your actions.

Really, all one needs to live by, is the golden rule.

For everything you do, there is a reaction. It may not be an immediate one, but there is a reaction.

Whether or not that is God in action, I don't know!

Very true Blanca Rose thank you for your reply.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Most religions should be set aside as a basis of initiative, with the possible exception of the ones that are more philosophically oriented.

Before we completely trash them though,

I think it might make more sense to dissect them to understand them & possibly identify those bits & pieces that are useful &/or productive. It is hard to imagine they don't have good intermingled with the bad.

If some given religion helps one personally [psychologically/emotionally] & doesn't invite you to inflict needless harm on others then i would be hard pressed to argue against it.

If we rail too violently against religions in a non-defensive circumstance, then we are guilty of the same objections & problems of those very religions.

We are just creating an anti-religion religion.

I know that means we operate on a less cohesive/neurotic mode, but at this point i think that may be a vastly better point/area of origin.

Autocracy should not be employed except where our collective survivable environment is being threatened. Only then should a rationed authoritative action be taken.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trudge

I do not think religion should be thrown in the trash as you say because I know many people who actually lead very fulfilling lives in a place where god is central to their values. My mother for instance is a strict catholic who believes everything and everyone is touched by the divine and even today she is always trying to talk me into returning to the church “Do it for the family” because as a child I became disillusioned withy my Catholicism and became very atheistic in my thinking.

I honestly think that if she did not have her god and did not try on occasion to save me for Christ then she would diminish and the light would go out in her eyes so I play a gentle theological cat and mouse game with her and she thrives on the cut and thrust of our talks.

There were reasons for this loss of faith, the most striking and life changing being that in Guyana I once saw fifteen GNS pioneers die violently within near touching distance in front of me, my brothers and my mother and father. Anyway I was a child in fear of god’s love and wrath but almost before the dust had settled on that terrible day I am now more agnostic in my thinking these days because I feel that there is something to the notion of a life force where the sun and the planets are connected somehow in a way I cannot figure out or understand but it is certainly not dead space from my reading and there seems to be something to the theory of the electric universe following a law based upon fractals.

Ok, I am starting to digress now so I will move on and say that I believe that as long as people can practice and worship their god or their religion as they see fit without infringing on the space of another person why should it be placed in the trash? Yes I would think that it could be argued that the holy wars of the middle ages have not done the primary organised religions any favours to us unbelievers today especially when combined with the scandals but you should not judge all believers by the actions of a corrupted and empowered few.

Originally posted by Trudge First, Looking at the worlds history almost all wars have been fought over religion even our current war is basically being fought becuase of religious crack heads.

No I disagree, wars are fought for reasons that are much more to do with grabbing and consolidating power and resources than for doing a favour to a god but there are always exceptions to the rule.

Religion to its detriment just gets used as the stick to beat the great unwashed with who see an army under the Papal bull or an Islamic jihad coming down the road to end them and they then think after a lucky escape that it is religion rather than the men with the swords who are the cause and effect. It is cynical and disgusting to use religion to conquer but it is a tactic that gets the job done and hundreds of years later those who have their own agendas then feel that religion is bad because wars are fought in its name.

I must stress that it is possible that some wars in the ancient past have been fought for a deity of course but in my opinion these wars are the exception to the rule and it is much more likely and common to find religious wars being fought for hidden agendas because men are corrupted easily and in their corruption they look for a crutch and a way to influence others to their whims or they are looking for a distraction from bad times at home.

To reiterate, I think that religion is often used as the stick and the sponge that soaks up the blame when the cost is counted after the fact but it is certainly not the cause - generaly.

Originally posted by Trudge Second, when I heard the Iranian cleric say that the earthquakes were caused by women showing cleavage I about pissed myself. third, most people who go to church seem to think they are somehow better than those that don't. If you take a crap in a bag and lable it "miracle plant food" its still crap in a bag... fourth, how could someone who doesn't go to church but leads a very pure life not go to heaven, and someone who kills 10000 people but in the end repents gets to?

Some people say stupid things in the passion of their religion and it is just the way of the human condition to get carried away with the moment but it does not mean that because a few say or do stupid things that all similar believers are thus damned to be considered to be nothing but regressive idiots who are thus no longer deserving of respect.

I have seen this for myself and I can tell you it is not a nice thing to see a group of primitive thinking men intimidate a woman because she is dressed head to foot in black and comes from a foreign land. Such religious people choose to believe as is their right and as long as they adhere to their religion without looking to convert me or talk at me in religious tones then I will always see the person rather than the religion.

I wish I could say the same about you but from your words it seems you have decided to cast judgements and painful-to-read ridicule before seeing the persons you are judging?

Originally posted by Trudge Hmm, ok, that makes sense. Maybe they should throw in a 1000 virgins to and a bottle of jack, it might help. Fith, if I gave up my rib to make women.... I want my rib back............. But really, that makes no sense, come on people.... sixth, If religions are so great why everytime I turn on the TV there is some wacko priest who has been charged molesting a bunch of little kids and are being protected by another wacko child molester.

I spent much of my early years as a member of the catholic religion from singing in church groups to Sunday school activities and many times I was alone with a priest and I have never suffered inappropriate behaviour at all but I did respect a calm and understanding mind quite often, therefore in my opinion you are hurling out negative vileness to all and sundry and you do not seem to care that this invective you hurl will spatter the honourable and good who do a great deal of good work within their church community. Their work has been soiled and stamped underfoot by the corrupted within their ranks and to add insult to injury minds such as yours fail to separate the good from the bad and you instead choose to damn them all.

I feel you really should rethink this and I think you should realise that just because a man decides to follow god and to preach his word that does not mean that in his spare time he also likes to sodomise young boys?

Originally posted by Trudge Maybe all priests should be called "Chester" *SNIP*

I Was going to break it down but to be honest with you I feel that your regressive invective is probably not worth it so I will just refer you to the words above and I feel I should stress that you get back what you give out (I know this from experience). If you wish to attract dark energies then please keep on spewing negative energies because from my experience, “You reap what you sow, Bad knows bad, Energy attracts like”.
These are not empty words but I consider to your defence that you are probably young and too full of youthful opinion to see this at the moment and I am assuming you are young only from the clumsy anger I detect in your words.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trudge

I actually do think however that religion was formed as an ensemble of many other aids to consolidate power to the ancient elite but in many cases religion has done a lot of good as well as a lot of bad. I think that had religion not evolved (strange terms but I stand by that) to the point where it is now then I think there would have been many more harmful periods in our human history because say what you like about organised religion there are hundreds of millions of people who down the ages actually did try to live by the word of their god and in doing so I am of the opinion that they made a difference and they saved as many lives from death as were caused by religion.

I once had a Jehovah’s Witness and her teenage son come to my door last year. After getting over the shock of seeing this young man in sandals and a pinstripe suit I invited them in and we talked and talked. Two months later she sent me a hand written letter, thanking me for the respect I had given her and her son and she thanked me for being candid about my atheistic mindset.

Thinking about this letter still makes me smile and had I just laughed at her and ordered her away from my door I would not be smiling at the memory, rather I would be feeling a little empty and a little sad but only because I feel that it is important not to deride and lambast another just because they believe something I do not.

I think you should try it out, you might find that you smile a lot more than you do now and you might even surprise yourself.

Choose the light side luke or as Yoda so eloquently put it, ““Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.” - Master Yoda

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Trudge

well done Trudge, u are one of the VERY FEW on the edges of religion who FEELS and then REASONS that attention to the jews/arabs "god" is DANGEROUS (remember they are BOTH "abrahamic", derived from Sumerian evil "Baalzeebub"). BOTH seek to DOMINATE your minds, and class you as "sinners" relative to Their "perfection". Why ? the answer is simple, just that humans rarely Assess the >real Evidences< of Planetary Mal-administration : it was that very group of ALIENS (nephilim etc) who genetically damaged the Souls of re-incarnating humans by mating with apes (cloning / "creating" them /us) "in the beginning", CAUSING everyone to feel VIOLENT and Annoyed with "Life" at sub-conscious levels. thereafter those gods - Shocked by the realisation of The CONSEQUENCES of their Interferences with Natural Evolution, devised their SCHEME OF GREAT DECEPTION in hopes of avoiding the Collossal Karma they had generated FOR THEMSELVES, by pretending they really "Loved" humans and were trying to "help" us via all their "Holy" WARS. Religion (nearly all of them) are full of bull**** as most intelligent people Realise, but cannot express since much of it is Occult. BUT, not ALL the gods are Evil, so there are genuine feelings that SOME of "Them" ARE struggling to Counteract the evils of their own kind. However it is Cognitively SAFER to not allow ANY "gods" (not even the good ones) to become "visible" /"activated images" in your heads. just get on with your Lives as best you can according to >your own< connection with the Original "Jedi" LIFE FORCE which produced EVEN THE "gods" themselves - tho most of their Egos be so collossal, theyd prefer you to think they created your Souls entirely, sick dogs that they are (reverse spelling of g/o/d). so in simplistic summary, it was "god" who created evil via gross mistakes of its own experimentations and subsequent "divine" blasphemings against >human< Love (and normal sex), and then sought to Extricate itself from ITS crimes, via PRETENDED it was all works of "the devil". who is more Foul : a teenager who hacks the leg off his neighbours dog with a kitchen knife (it happens), or its derranged self-admiring "father" who stands there Watching, muttering "he has free will" (as burble the confused xtians) ?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

When I say right and wrong that is always a matter of perspective. It doesn't exist in nature as we are all dependent on each other for survival. Though this may include death and pain it is still harmony. I don't think we need religion to comprehend something so basic to life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join