It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Politics : Who should you vote for?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The results page doesn't work for me, it just refreshes the quiz page. It hardly matters: I used my postal vote already to vote for the LibDems.
They are the only chance we have of any real change in the way Westminster is run. I want to see less party influence too, but they'll never just abolish them, so the only viable alternative is more small parties & independents. Only PR can give us that.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Really... that's weird?

It's right at the bottom of the page.... do you have noscript on or anything?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I need to upgrade my system badly, that's the problem. Its just that right now I've several whale sized other fish to fry.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Fair enough, would be interesting to see your results though.
As you've voted for the Lib-Dems though then as you say, It doesn't really matter.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Crunch time for well-fed cockroach of the world financial system

Who was advising the Greek government, knowing it was borrowing way too much, when it decided to hide some of its debt in 2001? It was the vaunted Wall Street investment bank Goldman Sachs, which showed Greece how to use complex securities to conceal billions in debt in return for about $US300 million in fees.

As Greece hit crisis point this year, who was advising it on where to turn for emergency loans, arranging meetings with potential lenders in China and elsewhere?

Yes, it was that very same cock of the Wall Street walk, Goldman Sachs. And, finally, who helped set up a big market to bet on whether Greece and other European countries would go broke and default on their debts?

www.theage.com.au...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e59e66039c9.gif[/atsimg]

Vote for me, Archie the cockroach, I'll clean your house up!

bigotgate - the downfall of Gordon Brown.

newportcity.blogspot.com...

[edit on 30-4-2010 by kindred]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

BNP for me, already sent off my papers with the vote.

We drastically need change in this country, BNP are the only ones speaking for British people here. Yea, Yea, Yea they are Racist or whatever.... If wanting to keep British culture is racist "Then I guess I will have to be a racist"

The labels really don't bother me one bit, because I know BNP are the only party with balls to, Call Climate Change a hoax, Pull British Troops out of Afghanistan, Get rid of the scrounging filth out of this county, Put a halt to the Islamification of the UK, Sort out British boarders, Get us out the sodding EU where 75% of UK law comes from, most of all the thing that made me vote BNP the most was for BNP to stand up and say "We are going to care for our OAP,s we are going to make sure 60.000 of our OAP's are not going to die in winter from not being able to keep themselves warm"

The very fact that up to 60.000 old people die from cold each winter makes me sick, these are peoples mothers, fathers & and grandparents and how they are treated is a disgrace, it's beyond words.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I agree with your sentiments, but the BNP don't give a toss about this country, they are simply peddling their own ideology which has no right to exist in the modern world. They don't even have a moral compass and that's obvious to everyone who does. I would personally sooner vote for a cockroach than Nick Griffin.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

I don't even know what to say..

Did you take the test...? It was kind of a bit of fun.
But yeah, why not vote in a bunch of racist tossers man, hell yeah... more power too you..

I hope you'll help them round up the foreigners too... kick 'em all out eh?

And why should you worry about labels... I mean supporting a bunch of fascist, Nazi thugs doesn't make you a ra..... oh wait.... never mind.

The Tories also don't want to be ruled by Europe... not that I'm advocating that you vote for the them but there are some alternatives ya know..

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Exactly... we all have concerns but the BNP are most definitely not the answer to our problems.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I have voted BNP in the past.

They were the only party willing to discuss immigration openly and it was / is imperative that it gets on the election agenda.

All the major parties point blank refuse to discuss immigration from Islamic countries and the gradual Islamification of this country.

But, and this is a massive but....we can not get away from the fact that there are some odious and downright racist elements within the BNP who are wolves in sheep's clothing.
I openly admit that I very nearly fell for their spin...but any party that has links with KKK can not get my vote.

I admit the BNP get a raw deal from MSM and there is a concerted and undemocratic campaign to prevent them from presenting their manifesto in an open and honest manner.
But that is the trap we nearly fall in, just because they are discriminated against does not mean that they immediately deserve our vote!

Yes, immigration is a massive, massive problem in this country.
But BNP and their policies ARE NOT the answer.
And neither are the three main parties as well.

I genuinely believed we would get at least some open debate on immigration in the build up to this election but the major parties and MSM have colluded to ensure this has not happened.

BNP advocate the withdrawal from the EU.
I fully endorse this.
But then what?

Read the BNP Manifesto, it's good reading and on the face of it is great and ticks all the boxes.
But read it all and soon you begin to realise that it lacks substance and the figures just don't add up. (Mind you, they are certainly not unique in that aspect!)
bnp.org.uk...

And there are lot's of nasty little bit's in there which when scrutinised doesn't bode well.

"The BNP will work for a reduction in council tax through the slashing of all politically correct council functions and “diversity” schemes"

Absolutely brilliant, no-one more anti PC than me.
But hang on a minute....that means central Westminster government will scrutinise local government spending and will decide what is 'politically correct'.
Goodbye to local government!
We all know what that sounds like don't we!
Ominous don't you think?

But here is the very enigma which is the BNP.
I honestly can not find fault with this page at all and in an ideal world would love to see it implemented.
bnp.org.uk...

They confuse me, they anger me, they make me want to applaud them....I genuinely don't understand them.

If Griffin could only dissociate himself from their odious racist links, could develop some other more robust policies then maybe, just maybe, they will become electable.

But at this moment in time they are just not joined up enough and have so little substance and credability.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Green 3
UK Independence 1
Liberal Democrat -2
Conservative -4
Labour -26

I was very surprised by my result! completely unexpected, i suspected i'd end up with the tories or something along that line.

peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Another surprised poster.... are we seeing a pattern here?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I plan to vote Lib Dem, despise Labour, Hate the conservatives, and guess what

Liberal Democrat 86
Green 80
Conservative -20
UK Independence -22
Labour -34

Neat site that

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar
I plan to vote Lib Dem, despise Labour, Hate the conservatives, and guess what

Liberal Democrat 86
Green 80
Conservative -20
UK Independence -22
Labour -34

Neat site that

Similar to my score, although more points... I had Lib-Dems just edging the Greens too.

And yeah, I liked the questions and it seemed better than just a silly, poorly thought out quiz... It had some substance.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Name me one other party who's main aim is to get UK troops out of Afghanistan, the very reason there is so much conflict between Islam and British Cultures?

I have looked through BNP policies over and over again, as a born and bread British Citizen "This is what I want" I am sick of being second class in my own country. I am also sick of being classed as a Racist for following what I believe, for following my culture.

I know Nick said some things a long time ago what were very wrong, but in my opinion Nick and BNP have changed a great deal. They has learned from their mistakes and are very honest and open about what they stand for.

The Racist slurs are all coming from the Media, The Sun Newspaper and Sky News constantly create conflict between Western and Eastern cultures. Everyday in the News all you hear is "Muslims get his and that and you get nothing" yet when Nick/BNP speaks about the same issues they suddenly become Racist.

Look in the News today is this any different than the issues Nick raises.

EX-CABINET minister Hazel Blears dealt Labour another election blow last night as she admitted using an illegal immigrant on her campaign team.

[url=http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/election2010/2955609/Hazel-Blears-campaign-worker-is-an-illegal-immigrant.html#ixzz0mfyH0GT6]Source[/ur l]

Just go to The Sun Newspaper search engine and type Muslim.

Who is really creating the conflict here, can you not see past the media hype and lies. The Islamification of the UK is constantly getting rubbed in our faces.

Remember Nick was cleared in Court of being Racist.......

[edit on 1-5-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Still say the best option is to rip up your voting card, i always do. You will not get the country you want to live in as big bro is here to stay and if your a minority they do not like you have to be careful.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Green 32
Liberal Democrat 12
UK Independence 9
Conservative -30
Labour -36

I can't stand any of them, especially the green party...although i favor UKIP because of Europe...but that's about it. I didn't even bother voting anyway.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Read my posts my friend, you are preaching to the converted when it comes to immigration.

And I've also mentioned on numerous occassions how MSM twists everything and don't report BNP accurately and are very undemocratic in denying them freedom of speech.

But, they DO have a lot of racist elements within their ranks, some of whom are further right than The SS!

As for climate change....difficult one....and to suggest that we have not at least help speed the natural rhythms of the earth up is naive I believe.
And yes, there are some things we could and should do to reduce emissions and pollution etc.

And I totally DISAGREE with BNP policy about Afghanistan.
The biggest reason we face a threat from Islam and it's followers is because of the harsh, brutal and unyielding nature of Islam itself and it's dictate that all Muslims MUST work towards the imposition of Sharia.

Afghanistan is the birthplace and training ground of The Taliban.
The Taliban are a particularly brutal and barbaric group who follow a particularly uncompromising brand and interpretation of Islam.

If we pull our troops out then The Taliban will regain control of Afghanistan, something the vast majority of Afghan's want.

"So what" I hear you say.
Well Afghanistan was the home of numerous terrorist training camps the last time The Taliban were in control.
So, more terrorists wanting to take terrorism into the heartlands of 'The Kaffirs'.
That means more innocent British people under threat HERE in the UK.

And you can guarantee that if Afghanistan go's Taliban then Pakistan, which has Taliban connections already, will soon follow.
So we would then have thesituation where Muslim extremists could have Nuclear weapons in their possession.
Hmm, not good methinks.
And India certainly wouldn't entertain it for one minute.
And we'd have more of our homegrown Muslim militants going to more training camps.

How would China react to an Indian - Pakistan nuclear confrontation?

Hell, we have a World War III and possible Armnageddon scenario.

We were right to get out of Iraq, (we were sold a lie and shouldn't have been there in the first place!) but Afghanistan is very, very different.

I also agree that we have to get out of The EU.
But then what?
BNP don't seem to have any sort of considered plan for what we do afterwards.

But I can't fault the BNP's policy on Civil Liberties and Constitutional Reform.

BNP need to expunge certain racist elements and develop more robust policies if they are to be taken seriously.
However, they have lot of plus points and it is imperative for the future of free speech in this country that they are allowed to broadcast and debated their opinions and beliefs in an open and honest manner which they currently are most certainly not allowed to.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain

I know Nick said some things a long time ago what were very wrong, but in my opinion Nick and BNP have changed a great deal. They has learned from their mistakes and are very honest and open about what they stand for.

Oh man.... Nick Griffin "Said some things" That's an understatement.
He used to go on white power marches, He's not just a Nationalist but a blatant racist, as are the backbone of his party.

As for open and honest well that is just absolute rubbish... with people being less tolerant towards racism these days it has just forced their views off the streets and political campaigns and back into their meetings and get-togethers.

Believe me... there is enough footage and evidence as for what the BNP are REALLY like.

If they were to get rid of all the racists and Neo-Nazis in their party, and totally change their attitude on non-whites and all the rest of it then maybe. And yes, I know they have now been Forced by the European court to allow Non-whites, but believe me... that would never have happened if it were left up to the BNP.

Their roots and the core beliefs of the party stem from the NF and the GBM.
Some of their policies are ok... every nut-job throughout history and every evil ruler and so on have had some good ideas and something good about them, doesn't make their ideologies right and doesn't change the fact that at the core of their being, they are intolerant and pretty nasty... as with the BNP... no matter how many times they say we've changed and we are no longer the same party... It doesn't matter... Until they actually DO change and sever ties with racist, extremist parties around the globe, then nobody with a conscience can and should vote for them.

Many of their top-brass have been convicted for a range of race related crimes from distributing racist material to all kinds of racially aggravated offences.

I'm bored of the BNP threads and arguments now to be honest.... it's been done to death on here... and this thread has nothing to do with the BNP.

Many people have concerns about immigration and Jobs and all the issues that go with it.... but vote for a party of known and convicted racists, is certainly not the answer.

When they change and perhaps become a party that truly represents the British people without masking their racist tendencies with concern for the British people and so on... let me know.

[edit on 1/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join