It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Politics : Who should you vote for?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
If you're like me and stumped as to who to vote for this year, then take this quiz and maybe it will help you finalise your decision or maybe give you a new perspective.
I'm having a harder time than ever this time deciding who to vote for, I've got a fairly good idea and will probably vote for them too.

This test confirmed my suspicions that I should vote Liberal Democrats.

I got

Lid-Dems 56
Greens 50
Labour -8
UKIP -10
Conservative -14

whoshouldyouvotefor.com...

If you're having a little trouble then perhaps this will help or perhaps it will just be a little something to do while bored at work.

Anyway, Let me know your scores and whether you're surprised or whether you expected the result and whether or not this has helped change your opinion or not.

Cheers.

The Info you can add at the bottom is purely optional so you don't have to put email or sex or age.

[edit on 30/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I just want to clarify I am American but I love Britain and worry she is slipping away.

Vote for the least progressive candidate it is the only way your country will be stronger in the long run. The progressives want to tear it apart piece by piece starting with your freedoms.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Take the test man, see where you stand... whether British or not, It's always good to see where you would vote if you could, Go for it

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Take the test man, see where you stand... whether British or not, It's always good to see where you would vote if you could, Go for it

I took a personal test I take it issue by issue and I believe we should all do the same.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Hi mate,just took the test,here are my results.....

Lib Dem 9
Green 5
UKIP 0
Con -1
Lab -3

Pretty suprising results.It seems to me that there is change in the air with lots of people swinging their vote towards the Lib-Dems,and the result of this little test just gives more weight to that feeling for me.

Whatever happens at the General Eelection,we need change....and soon.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Na, i ripped up my voting card that came in the post.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Ok my results......

Liberal Democrat 26

Conservative 24

Green 6

UK Independence 4

Labour -14

Ok so Lib dems are who I'd probably vote for anyway in all honesty, Conservatives got a few more than I thought they would and well Labour is..Umm well.... There you go.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Green Party +35
Lib dems +32
Lab + 4
Ukip - 11
Conservatives - 22

thats good i expected Lib Dem and got Green. pretty much suits the middle class Guardian reader that I am.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

So do I.

I believe that aligning oneself to a single political party is inhibitive, ignorant and naive.
That is why I firmly believe that one of the radical reforms we need to get this country back on track is the abolition of the party system.

Unfortunately that is not going to happen for sometime and as such we need to deal with the reality of today.

And so I shall take the test.

[edit on 30/4/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

You know I'm a bit confuddled as to who to vote for this time.

I'm a traditional Labour voter.
But nothing is as simple as that...I have strong Libertarian AND Nationalist views.

Here are my results.

Green 32
Liberal Democrat 24
Labour 16
UK Independence -1
Conservative -34

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well bugger me, (not literally!).

I'm a tree hugging, kumbaya singing Green!
I'm Swampy's marra!

I am genuinely suprised at this.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Howay Andy, join in an give it a go...just out of curiousity.

Look what it's done to me!

I am about to start a diet of tofu and lentils, get in touch with my feminine side and join The Women's Peace Camp at Aldermaston and then spend a year sojourn with a previously unknown Amazonian tribe who are threatened by the migration of other tribes who are threatened by other tribes who are threatened by tribes who are going back to their roots and are resisting the march of civilisation, (only because of rumours of their initiation rites which involve highly hallucegenic natural occuring substances and sexual enticement from 'Amazonian' women and the nighly delights in the 'men's hut' which involves copious amounts of alcohol, tall tales of hunting ability and even taller tales of sexual prowess whilst enjoying even more of nature's narcotic gifts).

Sorry blup, but that was a bit of a ramble.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Lib-Dem 60
Green 44
Labour 12
UKIP -22
Tories -30

I thought my result would be Lib-Dem tbh.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Green 30
UK Independence 29
Liberal Democrat 20
Conservative 0
Labour -18

You expected: CON
Your recommendation: Green

Just goes to show the state of British politics. In an ideal world I wouldn't vote for any of these. Today I personally can't relate to any of them. They're all just pimps and political prostitutes.

In the past I've always voted Lib Dem, but I can't stand Clegg the pleb, aka Tony Blair MK2.
I would rather vote for an alcoholic Charles Kennedy than Clegg any day of the week. I hate New Labour with every breath I take and therefore I have no choice but to vote Tory, which is the only way I can punish New Labour. Or maybe I just won't vote at all.

Two slippery and slimy snakes toast over a hung parliament?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92ba1d545066.jpg[/atsimg]

Q&A: What is a hung parliament?
news.bbc.co.uk...

Freeborn - When you put it like that, how can I resist the calling of the greens.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by kindred]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well I'm not a citizen of your great country, but as an European I thought it would be fun to take this British test.

Here's my results:

Green 54
Liberal Democrat 46
UK Independence 23
Conservative -4
Labour -42

Your recommendation: Green

Whaddayaknow!

Apparently, acccording to this test - I'm a freakin' Green Tree-hugging Smurf!

And apparently! I don't give much for the more traditional & established 'old' parties.

I use to see my self as a Center Libertarian which I usually also always ends up with in these kinds of tests.

But I've never before ended up with: Green

Squirrels in the woods beware! - I willz hugz your treez!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by witchfinder

It's interesting indeed... I think a lot of people will be surprised at how "Liberal" they really are and this test is pretty interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Green Party +35
Lib dems +32
Lab + 4
Ukip - 11
Conservatives - 22

thats good i expected Lib Dem and got Green. pretty much suits the middle class Guardian reader that I am.

I was very similar actually but with the Lib-Dems just edging it.
I actually liked some of the question too, they were pretty varied and dealt with good issues.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I'm Swampy's marra!

Well there ya go.... You're a hippie... I Knew it

But yeah... I actually voted greens in the locals before and they are and have always been very similar to the Lib-Dems.

I'm glad that you're surprised mate

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I am about to start a diet of tofu and lentils, get in touch with my feminine side and join The Women's Peace Camp at Aldermaston and then spend a year sojourn with a previously unknown Amazonian tribe who are threatened by the migration of other tribes who are threatened by other tribes who are threatened by tribes who are going back to their roots and are resisting the march of civilisation, (only because of rumours of their initiation rites which involve highly hallucegenic natural occuring substances and sexual enticement from 'Amazonian' women and the nighly delights in the 'men's hut' which involves copious amounts of alcohol, tall tales of hunting ability and even taller tales of sexual prowess whilst enjoying even more of nature's narcotic gifts).

Sorry blup, but that was a bit of a ramble.

Was absolutely priceless mate.... fookin' hilarious

Livin' the dream dude.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I'm Swampy's marra!

Your not the only one

It is interesting to see the Greens doing so well in our own little unrepresentative poll here. Maybe if we all huggded trees a bit more than cutting them down, the world wouldn't need a Green party

[edit on 30-4-2010 by woodwardjnr]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join