It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(BREAKING) "U.S. Starts Criminal Probe Into Goldman Trading"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Wow!! this is big news, let's hope they follow through with it, and don't let them weasel out again....

Snippet from story below....

NEW YORK (Reuters) - "Federal prosecutors are conducting a criminal probe into whether Goldman Sachs Group Inc or its employees committed securities fraud in connection with its mortgage trading, the Wall Street Journal reported on its website on Thursday".

Link's here....

abcnews.go.com...

money.cnn.com...

[edit on 29-4-2010 by freetree64]

[edit on 29-4-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
More source link's follow, but, I am suprised at the attention this is "not" getting here on ATS, are ya all tired from the constant "Arizona" threads today? This is the big "Goldman Sachs" we are talking about here.....

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
yea I am gettin a lil tired of the Texas Arizona threads myself

yea this is big, but I have to wonder who is gonna get
bribed in this investigation. Or maybe what evidence
is gonna mysteriously disappear.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Why the US justice Dept. of course.....just kidding, I believe it is the Federal Authorities in New York handling it for now, and they are untouchable..... right???? Yeah sure they are.....
Who know's whose palm will get greased on this one, hopefully no one's.... we'll see

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Also, taking a clue from Goldmans recent statements, I've just shorted 1000 shares of GS, let's see what she does tommorow, maybe I can play like the big boy's too.....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The crooks investigating themselves, i don't see how this is good?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Why don't they start with subpeoning the phone records and trade logs from the day of that surprise discount window cut back in August of 07? It would require a prosecutor with balls the size of Jupiter ( and probably bulletproof skin as well), but I'd bet you could get some GS, FED, and .gov bastards with that.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodFella
The crooks investigating themselves, i don't see how this is good?

this. you my dear man is a scholar and a gentleman. i have tried to put it in a way such as yours but it was too long. however, you said it in one sentence.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Made $7,252.00 overnight on the sell short of Goldman Sachs, thanks fella's..... Gonna be a good weekend

top topics

join