It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who are against a war in IRAQ :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
-- Message original--
Date: 4 Mar 2003 07:18:50 -0000
To: "NANS"
Subject: Emergency Petition to the Security Council

Here a letter to be delivering to the Security Council members along with the petition:

Dear Member of the U.N. Security Council,

We are citizens from countries all over the world. We are speaking together because we will all be affected by a decision in which your country has a major part -- the decision of how to disarm Iraq.

The first reason for its existence listed in the Preamble to the Charter of the United Nations is "to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind." If your country supports a Security Council resolution that would authorize a war on Iraq, you will directly contradict that charter. You will be supporting an unnecessary war -- a war which immediately, and in its unknown consequences, could bring "untold sorrow to mankind" once again.

The U.N. was created to enable peaceful alternatives to
conflict. The weapons inspections under way are a perfect example of just such an alternative, and their growing success is a testament to the potential power the U.N. holds.
By supporting tough inspections instead of war, you can show the world a real way to resolve conflict without bloodshed.
But if you back a war, it will undermine the very premise upon which the U.N. was built.

President Bush argues that only by endorsing a war on Iraq can the United Nations prove its relevance. We argue the opposite. If the Security Council allows itself to be completely swayed by one member nation, in the face of viable alternatives, common sense and world public opinion, then it will be diminished in its role, effectiveness, and in the opinion of humankind.

We do not support this war. For billions of citizens in hundreds of countries, and for the future generations whose lives will be shaped by the choice you make, we ask that you stand firm against the pressuring of the Bush Administration, and support tough inspections for Iraq. The eyes of the world are on you.

Sincerely,
citizens of the world.

This is the list of UN security council members e-mails.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

You can also add to this mailing list these governemental agencies :

[email protected]
[email protected],
[email protected]
[email protected],
[email protected]
[email protected]

Highest Regards

Nans

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Dear Members of the U.N. Security Council,

We are citizens from countries who directly sell arms to warlords and dictators all over the world. We are speaking together because we will all be affected and lose lucrative contracts with Iraq if we go to war.

Though Iraq has continued to defy the U.N. and boastfully scorn each and every resolution imposed by the council for twelve years, we feel, that given sufficient time, Iraq will eventually comply...perhaps before the region of Hades is consumed by glaciers...

We further feel, that by allowing Iraq more time to increase it's stockpile of weapons of mass destruction, the Iraqi leader will be content to build up, and not actually use said weapons. He promised he will not invade another country, and so far he's been somewhat honest, right?

We also feel that inspections are working. It's good to see the Iraqis being considerate. They are kind enough to move all of their big heavy trucks out of our way before we arrive at an inspection site. Likewise, they smooth out the sand wherever they have been digging around these sites, so that our convoy's ride is a smooth one. They were even nice enough to throw us a bone of showing us some missiles that were'nt allowed, and then, after some discussion, were kind enough to dismantle them.

Therefore, we feel that inspections should continue and that there is no reason for this war.

Geez! Will you listen to yourselves???

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hey Nans, thanks for this email : [email protected]

I sent them a mail, were I wrote that I was supporting them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The UN email list, especially the syrian email, I'll try my new bombing software with them.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I believe Gazrok stated my argument best. What makes you think that inspections are going to work? What, after 12 years of defiance Saddam is just going to cave? What would his regime think of him? We need to change things up a bit.

Now who says this is going to be a full fledged war? What, are we are going to butcher innocent Iraqis like Hitler did with the Jews, like Stalin did with his own? No, what we could do, with the combined might of the UN, is go into Iraq and use force to find his WMD's , but still keep casualties to a minimum. That way less would have to suffer to take a terrorist out of control in a country.

What you are basically doing in the end is killing more people than need be, by not supporting us, and not helping us to take him out.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
No rebuttals??? That's amazing...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
[email protected]

The UN email list, especially the syrian email, I'll try my new bombing software with them.

In neverland it's still GW-BUSH who command ?!

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What are you trying to say Nans? Was that sarcasm or a question? I didn't think that GWB ever commanded Neverland. (peter pan wouldn't allow it, lol, just a joke)

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
ruled Neverland???
Along with his Lost Little Boys...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Do you really believe that tougher inspections are going to make him disarm? This man is is insane, every time you see him destroy a missle for the inspectors, he is probably building two more somewhere in the mountains. He has chemical and biological weapons, he is not going to take the inspectors hands and lead them to these weapons. As I said in numerous posts, we need detectives and investigators, not inspectors. Besides, 12 years not complying is 11 years and 11 months too long, HE HAS TO GO!!

top topics

join