It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-OIL- EARTH seems to need help with this issue, ATS CAN WE HELP IN ANY WAY OUTTA BOX THINKERS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Another ATS MEMBER came up with the idea use a bladder type device to catch the leaks and redistribute the oil to another location. I felt this was a great idea and figured another idea can only help so here are my 2.

1. Place some type of bonding material (sand based) in the oil and as the oil and bonding material mix the oil will sink to the bottom for collection in clumps. Place large amount of bonding agent over top of entire wreck site and the oil would solidify upon itself and seal TEMPORARLY..

2. Place some type of FREEZING agent on the oil which will freeze it to a solid ice oil making the entire slick a solid allowing for it to be broken up and collected. Also with this plan if the correct agent is used you can do the same freezing method under the water with a maga release of the FREEZING AGENT BASICALLY SOLIDIFYING THE REGION IN THE GOLF LIKE A GIANT ICE CUBE no body can be in the water of course as they will be frozen within a oil ice cube, HOPEFULLY TEMPORARY FREEZE PLUGGING THE OPENING LEAKS UNTIL A BETTER PLAN CAN COME FORTH....

GOOD LUCK EARTH

[edit on 4/29/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am getting off the ATS so feel free to add your intelligence as im sure if one or more of us come up with a solution it may get used, since it is a looked @ site GLOBALLY

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
From what I understand BP is trying to cap the leak and save the oil by containing it within a "dome". They are building the "dome" now and it is the biggest ever constructed.

I put "dome" because I think it's more of a cube-like structure.

No matter what... this is not good.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by djcubed]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I just don't understand how there is not something that is already in place for disasters like this, it's not the first time something like this has happened. It seems there should be a clause in your insurance policy that states you must have something like this "dome" built already and waiting in case of an accident like this. I hate that protecting the environment doesn't come up until they already made the mess.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A bladder type device?

Sounds like Kramer in Seinfeld's idea. Some think its crazy, I for one don't.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
All I know is they need to do something quick. I think we need a way to STOP the 3 leaks… not just contain the oil... they already failed at that. Collapse the drill holes? Fire a damn torpedo at it and see what happens!~

Slick will hit land in A FEW HOURS!~

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So much for our role as the caretakers.

You'd have thought after the Valdez disaster, oil spill clean-up would have become a priority.

No wonder she is quaking and spewing molten lava... I would too.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I do my own oil changes, and read so much about engine oil. From what ive discovered, the ONLY real way to cleana nd cotnain oil..is kitty liter or and. Kitty litter works way much better. You can use harsh cancerous chemical cleansers made for removing carbon, but htat would be pointless in water.
Seems tons of kitty litter air dropped onto the oi spill, most of it should float and form thick black globs* them simply harnessit all carefully somehow, via a giant strainer or something.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Once the oil finds its way onto land, that wont be able to be cleaned no matter what you use at that point. To this very day, exxon valdez oil is still found under rocks at the alaskan shore. once oil is let loose, it stains VERY VERY quickly, and once introduced with water..thats it. it goes literally ALL over the place, and finds its way via he water, into the damnest f places never thought of.
oil, as wll as crude oil is a known canerous carrcinogen* a guy i read, a diesel mechanic, was employed for a fleet of trucks for 34 years. 24 years of his employment into working with no gloves, he had devleoped skin cancer on top of his hands and fingers..lack of using gloves. the docotrs attributed this to contact with hydrocarbons..oil*
so seesm to me, in alaska and now lousiana, might as well call them cancer beach* mobil had the refinery when katrina hit, known as cancer alley* theirs a reason... many of the workers thier got cancer from the fumes and working with engine gasoline.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have an idea but its impossible....

Get another rig to syphon off oil from the same reservoir but in a different location

[edit on 29-4-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
collect ash from volcano.

spray it with the chemtrail planes over the spill

should be like kitty litter, and theres plenty of ash...and chemtrail sprayers...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Coporate businesses in the likes-of-oil-industries have the money and the time to accomplish an engineering, installation, emergency plan though they'd rather make billions world-wide adding to the recession cost of tax-payers debt the same as Poverty=Money=Power.

Is it so hard to REALISE and become aware that whoever's responsible and calls the top-shots of this scenario being played out is just a way to get world populations into more debt especially with oil prices shooting through the roof already. This is just another money-making scheme suchas the likes of the 1.7 billion £'s that the so-called "Ash Cloud" from Iceland has cost taxpayers even more!

What will it be next MAJOR floods=poverty/medical bills more money for the pharmaceutical companines=power and control over publics spending.

Wake Up People!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I say get Clearasil on the job, they are the experts in cleaning up oily bores... no, wait, thats oily pores... :p

In all seriousnous, I've seen multiple methods of oil spill control. Floating ropes to contain slicks, spray on clumping agents, oil eating bacterias. These methods/ideas are like 10+ years old, yet I dont think any of them are a true solution to a disaster of this magnitude. In aus recently we had a tanker ship ground itself into the Great Barrier Reef, it leaked a few barrels worth of oils and rightly so, it was all over the news for weeks. To me, it seems like much of the USA does not seem to grasp the enormity of this monumental cock-up!

I bet in 20 years time, American school kids will be reading about this disaster and perhaps even go on field trips to the "seaside" with small shovels in Louisianna. There, they will dig less than a few inches and find pools of this disaster.

Simply put, there is no real way of controlling this. Its too late, the damage is done. Whatever cleanup methods they employ will be the equivalent of removing the gherkin from your cheeseburger.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sound-waves, use a high-energy pulse device to break up the particles in the Oil which would disperse the elements.

Of course given the size of this slick the logistical impliments of such a technological feat would be near impossible on a realistic time-frame.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Wow thank you all for contributing to a good cause. Many of the ideas I have read here are great ideas and really make me wonder why there is no emergency plan already in place also, just incase this type of thing happens. I am thankful for all your contributions and GOD BLESS you all for your input.

Hopefully if any of our outta box ideas can be brought to reality they wll be used now or in the future to protect the EARTH and who knows some oil tycon might cut a check to show their appreciation LOL, but as long as any of our ideas can be used to help EARTH im good with that, take care folx...And I like the sound waves VERY OUTTA THE BOX THINKING FRIEND.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They need to seal the area, in some way shape or form, limit the waves somehow and use the biggest tankers they have getting them to follow another ship that is dragging a huge sock, shaped like a funnel, at the end of the funnel have a pipe leading to the tanker, have a few of these, should help.
While this is happening put some kind of seal over a dome or funnel connected to a pipe, also cut off valve. (this to prevent further spillage) the leaks until it can be done correctly.
Then and onlt then when we have managed to save some of what we have all destroyed, find what caused this then take it from there?

"As for the Idea" Spread the word, maybe it may get somewhere,

new topics

top topics

join