It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not a drug war, Its just "WAR"...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Typical disclaimer... the opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect those of my fellow Americans yadda, yadda, yadda...

I admit I got caught up in what what going on in AZ and the passionate debate of immigration laws... so much so I took my eyes off the border and the real problems there.

It's been a bloody month in Juarez... Just yesterday while we argued over deportation 15 Killed in 11 Hours the death toll is up to 300 there for the month and the victims of this drug war aren't strung out junkies lying in allies, they're merchants on their way to work, they are mothers, they are infants in car seats, and kids on playgrounds.

With everyone's attention firmly focused on Arizona no one caught this little news blip

"Two people murdered in Columbus, New Mexico and a local residence shot up and two dogs killed, yesterday. Columbus is about 12 miles north of the Mexican border. Our State Department had no comment."

these incidents against American homes are escalating, it is reminiscent of what took place a century ago when Pancho Villa and his Army made border crossings, attacking towns north of Mexico.

"Two University Students Among 4 Killed"
was yet another headline

The bodies of four people were discovered inside of a green 1998 Chevy Cavalier in Ciudad. The car had no plates; it was found in the parking lot of the supermarket at Four Centuries Boulevard and Arizona Street.

Apparently the deceased lived near the place of the attack; their relatives were the first to arrive at the scene, reportedly a few minutes after it happened, to report the multiple homicide.

After arriving at the tragic scene, several women broke down weeping, even requiring the attention of the Red Cross paramedics on scene. No medical skills were needed for the victims in the car. you did know paramedics risk being killed just for showing up to one of these shootings right?

Three people traveling in a car were killed in front of the Benito Juárez pre-school establishment and kindergarten, as several dozen children enjoyed their hour of recreation.

The victims were traveling near the school in a gold Lincoln when gunmen in another moving car opened fire. Two of the murder victims are men of approximately 35 years of age.

The word on the street was that they belonged to the gang known as, "The Aztecas". The third victim in the car was a pregnant woman. I guess her baby won't have to worry about crossing the border right?

Still another headline reads

Azteca Gang Members Killed Execution Style

In an attack this morning, eight men were massacred by gunfire in the back parking lot of a bar called "Aristos". News reports in Mexico claim this could be members of the "Aztecs". This deadly shooting happened around 4:14 a.m., in the dark, on Vicente Guerrero Avenue and Honduras Street of the colony the Alluvial fan.

According to a source who was not named, the victims were drinking alcohol in the bar when a armed commando arrived. The men were held at gunpoint, and after a few moments, taken to the parking lot where they were lined up and murdered execution style.

I find it both ironic and unfair that we quibble about round ups and mass deportations when Mexico is at war, American soil invaded, our citizen kidnapped raped tortured killed. What response do we get from Washington? Obama wants these same illegals to be brought in under his new health care package... Well mister Obama there are two dead American citizens who wont be joining your F'ed up health program. Maybe you should go back to that mountain top and pray with Billy Graham for the loss of these Americans, and the next victims that will soon be joining their ranks due to your inaction's...
So while you all go back to arguing the ethics of legalizing drugs in the US remember down here... in the border states... its not a drug war, its just another nasty dirty little war where people die every day, and don't let anyone tell you different!

Another of my many sources for info they wont tell us about

Side note:
In eleven days I'm moving my family out of here... we got to the point where unless serious action is taken and soon, you people will be reading about massacre's right here in New Mexico, Texas, AZ and Calif... don't kid yourselves it's here and its right now!

[edit on 29-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
BE careful Daddybare...

I know you can handle yourself well. So no worries.

Yes, this is a straight up WAR, with no decency involved.
I think the reason we aren't hearing more is with the Immigration Reform being thrown around like its a good thing, the MSM don't want you to think there's anything bad going on down there.

Sounds to me like there's more bloodshed down there than in Iraq.

Just my humble opinion.

Good luck, friend.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

FYI ...
At the same time all this was going on....Mainstream media in the United States reported six Afgans killed in a mistaken raid. Yesterday they reported 4 deaths due to fire fights. However nothing about Juarez or the murders in New Mexico... wounder why that is? Starting to think these stories are being repressed, burried, made to go away....Now who do you think would want to do something like that?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
if you consider the chaos in mexico a war, and in many ways it is, because the US was the initial aggressor and that it funds both sides in mexico, the US has a massive duty of care to the refugees it creates and owes a crap load of reparations for the mess it'll leave once the dust finally settles.

also, the spill over into southern US states is a clear sign that the front is closing in and the the US is losing the war (yet again).

perhaps it should be called a police action, if there's going to be a massive and pointless loss of lives, on both sides, for almost no reason and for no gain (except that made by the military-industrial complex) it's better to call it a police action.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

You know I respect you thoughts but on this I have to disagree...
for it to be called a police action would suggest some civil authority is attempting to police, and establish order... what we have here is medieval, everyman for himself, Old west justice determined by the faster draw...

No sir, we're on our own down here.... When you have front row seats like I do you can trust when I say "This is War" a police action would be very welcomed

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Situation is just disturbing... I just watch yesterday two documentaries witch I can promote here:

And BBC from 2010...

[edit on 29-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
You know I respect you thoughts but on this I have to disagree...
for it to be called a police action would suggest some civil authority is attempting to police, and establish order... what we have here is medieval, everyman for himself, Old west justice determined by the faster draw...

no, you're right, police action is inappropriate, stinking mess perhaps? it's really sick.

I wonder if the MSM are sweeping the chaos under the carpet because most people would look at how things are and say "that's coming to my town eventually, drug prohibition is never going to be worth that". this type of stuff started way down in south america and has been moving steadily north. is it being swept under the carpet to allow the war to continue?

between that and company owners with an interest in keeping the immigration illegal, you have to wonder if all the people being killed are being seen as a reasonable cost or collateral damage.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Great vids...
But let me clear up something the media always gets wrong... Pot...
The finest marijuana in the world is already cultivated right here in the good ole US of A... there's no real money in that for the cartels.

They make their money with coke, meth, black tar, ecstasy, as well as human trafficking, bringing in very young ladies, forced into prostitution.

Where occasionally we see news reports of a huge bust, big packages of marijuana neatly laid out on a table for the cameras, what they don’t say is that bust was a decoy, to get their more valuable drugs in the next truck across... This minor fact was explained to me by a working border patrol agent, so they know, they just can’t do anything about it…

[edit on 29-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

You really want to know???

The answer is very simple bud...

Two Trillion dollar a year business!

There’s your reason...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hey DB, sorry to hear that you feel you must move just to keep your family safe! Detroit is probably safer than Albuquerque

I know you wouldnt just pull up roots for nothing, things must be quite serious for you to be taking such a drastic step. Do you know where your moving to? Drug war aside, I wish you luck my friend. I hope things will be great for you in your new home.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

We made plans for this move back in Oct of last year, bought a mini farm out in SE Kansas... Got it at a foreclosure sale as you'd expect it needs work and I was planning on spending the spring doing just that... but in light of recent events, right now our local news has had a number of unsolved murders here in recent days, we decided not to wait and just get while the getting’s good....

We may be the first wave of yet another wave of refugees, American Refugees!

we'll be fine, its the ones we leave behind I worry about..

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

be careful. Were you able to sell the house, or were you luck enough to be renting?

I wonder why it's not a big deal that our soil has been invaded? I always thought that was an act of war in itself. Is the government afraid of having it's dirty secrets let out of the bag?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by DaddyBare

be careful. Were you able to sell the house, or were you luck enough to be renting?

I wonder why it's not a big deal that our soil has been invaded? I always thought that was an act of war in itself. Is the government afraid of having it's dirty secrets let out of the bag?

Come on... how would it look if the rest of the country really knew what's happening down here... it would start a panic!!! Imagine hundreds of thousands of Americans fleeing the Border States... Obama could never let that hit the news wires... but it is already happening...

PS: yes we did sell the house.... didn’t make a profit, more like we broke even… the new owner is probably going to put a Mexican family of renters in here...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

PS: yes we did sell the house.... didn’t make a profit, more like we broke even… the new owner is probably going to put a Mexican family of renters in here...

I would consider yourself blessed. I have a friend in Delaware who got orders and had to sell his house. he is planing to take a 20-25K hit. And nobody is invading Delaware. Enjoy the farm life. I love doing renovation work. (on my own house that is) Travel safe.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have to share this recent headline

Border "Secure as Ever," DHS Chief Says

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told the Senate Judiciary Committee on April 27 that the Southwest border is "as secure as it has ever been," while the Associated Press reported that the capital of the former Arizona governor's home state has been dubbed the "kidnapping capital" of the U.S., due to cross-border human smuggling and drug trafficking.

The Department of Homeland Security's Southwest Border Initiative is making "unparalleled progress in creating a safe and secure Southwest border," the DHS Secretary told the committee, while citing significant increases in law enforcement personnel and crime-fighting technology ad physical barriers along the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexican border.

Guess she didnt get the memo about more dead americans down here???

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sometimes the bad guys lose, although not often enough:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
Sometimes the bad guys lose, although not often enough:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is good news Manta...
hope everyone takes a peek at your topic

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

great, now a scuzzier, more violent piece of crap get's to float to the top. that isn't a win.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Well despite these claims...top dogs arrested
It’s never the real top dogs that get taken down...
"El Chapo" is reported to be living on a high class beach resort down in Honduras, As far as one can get from Ciudad Juarez... the real honchos don’t ever stick their necks out

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Every arrest of a major drug dealer or cartel opens up a very lucrative business opportunity for the next lowlife thug in line. This is not a winnable war and they know it. Its very easy to lie through your teeth when your job depends on it...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join