It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: Your Child Does Not Need to Be Two or Three To Be Potty Trained!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

Yes this is true of some children and some still pee the bed until they're twelve. Not mine thank The Lord, but I have seen it. I have to say this isn't just Americans either, there are maturity issues as well as intelligence and emotional intelligence issues, and this is no different in any other country. Places where there is a lot less drinking and partying may have slightly better chances, but in reality every child is different in what they are and are not capable of uniquely. All three of mine learned at different ages one at 2 yrs (boy) one slightly over 1 yr and one under a year both girls, and yes girls are faster and easier to train.

And to add: This was known about starting as early as 8 months old when I was having my first child, it is old news. And yes I started all three at 8 months, that is why the last child learned at exactly 10 months of age. My first was born in 94.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This method of potty training is hardly unknown in America. I refer to it as the "rythym method".

You start the baby early to get them used to sitting on the potty. Then you try to figure out their potty schedule. Then you sit them on the potty at those specific times.

I know someone who started their baby at 6 months old.

Its all a matter of what YOU consider important.

My personal convenience was never a priority in raising a happy well adjusted toddler.

I prefer the child knows by awareness what's going on.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have 3 children

2 grandchildren

they all have crapped their pants until the ages of 2-3 yrs old.

the girls get it quicker..boys ..hmmm

none of these kids turned out bad...well maybe one did...

but the other 2 are smart..well adjusted and happy.

the worst one in regards for potty training is the most succesful and well adjusted out of all of them.

I'm a lowly plumber...and he's almost a millionaire and he's 24. hot wife.. 2 great kids....pooped his pants 'till he was 4...go figure.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
For those of you doubters on the potty training I have this to say.

I was potty trained by 1 year old.
And I did it myself!!

I was also self weaned at 1 yr old.

I started my own kids at 1 yr. Boys - they took a little longer.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

he's almost a millionaire and he's 24.

If you had potty trained him sooner he'd be a billionaire by now!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

I potty trained my daughter when she was 13 months old (she started walking at 9 month old), my son when when he was 15 months old ( he didn't started walking until he was 11 months old.

How I did it? I read a book on how to potty train handicap children and it work on my two normal children.

The key, once you take the diaper off you never put it back not even to go to sleep with

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The key, once you take the diaper off you never put it back not even to go to sleep with

I sure hope you aren't one of my renters.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

He, he, this was 26 years ago with my daughter and 24 years ago with my son.

I spend only two days training and two nights as I had to wake them up to do potty, and it worked, they never even wet their bed after the training was done, it was the best book I ever read.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

He, he, this was 26 years ago with my daughter and 24 years ago with my son.

I spend only two days training and two nights as I had to wake them up to do potty, and it worked, they never even wet their bed after the training was done, it was the best book I ever read.

Every child is different. I come from a long line of "color outside the line" people - - with an independent streak a mile wide.

No one in this family does anything until they are damn good and ready. It can get very frustrating.

I swear my daughter in her hospital bassinet - - stuck her pink gloved hand up in the air - - and said: "I'm Doing It My Way!!!! And she DID.

Now I'm helping to raise her 2 year old son. Even in his nursery school - - they get frustrated trying to work with him. They wanted him test for Autism. He will do it - when he decides - and not before. Just like I didn't talk until I was 3 1/2 - because I didn't want to.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
WHAT THE #???????

You have got to be the laziest parent I've come across.
I was not only walking by, but toilet trained at 11 1/2 months old.
Yes, my father was military. (navy seal)

The hell is wrong with you?
You absolutely disgust me!
21 months old and still not even trained, Jesus, this is just ANOTHER reason why America is going to #.
Horrible parents like this.
Ban me, do whatever you like, seeing as how I get "punished" each and every time I reply to a post anyways, but this person is not fit to raise a child.
I'm considering contacting DCFS.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I know children are different, as we people are too, but for some reason the book I had, told that it didn't matter and actually while I was very skeptical of the way to do the training from the book I still did it.

And to my surprise it did work, I guess I was either lucky or I didn't give in, as the main rule was, "once the diaper come off never to put it back not matter how much the child will cry complain or dirty itself during the training".

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I know children are different, as we people are too, but for some reason the book I had, told that it didn't matter and actually while I was very skeptical of the way to do the training from the book I still did it.

And to my surprise it did work, I guess I was either lucky or I didn't give in, as the main rule was, "once the diaper come off never to put it back not matter how much the child will cry complain or dirty itself during the training".

Actually - that is kind of what we are doing right now - - and have been for a couple months. It worked with my 2 daughters. When they turned 2 - I just stopped buying diapers.

It is not working even a little bit with my grandson. He does like to point at his potty and laugh - - then pick it up and throw it across the room.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp
WHAT THE #???????

You have got to be the laziest parent I've come across.
I was not only walking by, but toilet trained at 11 1/2 months old.

Who the hell cares. Lazy because of what?

I've raised my own kids and a grandson - - its no big deal when they get trained.

The kid is not going to wear diapers to college.

Sounds more like a competition - - then the welfare of the child.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
youd be amazed what babies can learn.

my neice just turned 2 last week. she knows her colours, how to count to 18, and can count them backwards, she knows her letters, shes known them since...ehh i wanna say 18 months.

and she can form completely coherent sentences and hold conversations.
about a 2months ago (so 22 months old) I entered the house.

Baby "Hi frank!" (changed my name)

Me "hey Lisa" (changed her name)

baby "what are you doing?"

me "oh nothing, just getting a drink, what are you doing?"

baby "im playing with playdoh"

me "are you having fun"

baby "haha yeaaaah"

-----------

like today
she wanted to watch shrek

"I want to watch this movie."

"oh you want to watch that? what is it?"

"Shrek"

*as she struggles to open it (it had weird child proof lock things on it)

"its not working..."

"want me to help?"

"yeah, you come and watch the movie with me?"

"im kind of tired lisa"

"oh...okay!"

*i sat beside her on the couch

"Your watching shrek with me!!" and she got excited

"frank your eyes are blue"

"yeah they are, what colour are yours?" (they are more green but i let her have that one)

"mine are blue too! Uhoh! something sticky"

"huh?"

"on my foot, sticky, my foot is sticky" (she had some tacky green paint on her foot, she was painting earlier that day)

and she just turned 2. blows my mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join