It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing cloud pics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Beautiful pictures - it's amazing what you can see in the sky.

One of the cloud formations reminded me of this 'Hubble' picture. (I've lifted it from Karl 12's 'Post your favourite nature pic' thread on BTS):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdf92be38732.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cd7ed4e8879.jpg[/atsimg]

They're surely related

[edit on 28-4-2010 by berenike]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Breathtaking Pics, we can only aspire to appreciate and emulate natures maigc and beauty...nothing like the clouds I'm looking at outside my window.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Can't remember those stratocumulus clouds when I was a young child.
Never seen a old paiting where these clouds would be showed like that.
Seen a couple of old black and white movies and can't find them either there.

Stopped a person outside a mall and pointed on the sky where these trails was and asked him if he knew what those are called,
he told me that those clouds was called chemtrails and I got surpriced because he was a tourist.

When was the first time these stratocumulus clouds was seen.?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Very Awesome Pics !

Thank You Very Much !!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Great photos. I liked the opalescent clouds. Saw them years back during a volcanic eruption in Guatemala.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
wow....truly amazing. thank you Lord for creating amazing things for us to see everyday!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread brother! It's nice to see a thread that is not speculative, negative or sensational...seems other people agree by the flag and star count. These pictures, as you mentioned, are a nice reminder of just how beautiful and magical our planet and its ecosystem are. Awesome first post to read after a long day on the job and in class. Thanks again homeboy (or girl).

Shark

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Awesome photo's.

Gonna add these to my "nature" folder

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

thats exactly what I want to know. I have been an avid sky watcher since the early sixties, most of these cloud formations are new to me. yep, they are awesome but normal, I dont think so.Tesla, now thats a distinct possibility.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thanks for reminding us all to look up.. Nature serves us amazing random beautiful art every single day, some people are too busy with life and miss it all while staring at their toes!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Star and flag friend! I love looking up at the clouds. They sure are breathtaking. I've never seen Iridescant clouds before, but those pics left me in awe. The mammatus ones, boy, those have got to be my fave. I've seen quite a few of those in my days. Simply beautiful.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Very nice...

I've never had a chance to see anything like this, but without prior knowledge I would kind of be freaked out, ESPECIALLY from the mushroom cloud ones. I would think worst case scenario in a heart beat.

Great pics, always beautiful is mother nature. S&F!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Awesome stuff. Some of the photos will get the UFO nuts going though.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
If I ever saw some of those mammatus clouds, I think I'd run and hide, thinking we're under some terrorist attack with some uber gas. I'm glad I now know that's it's not terrorism, just clouds
(that could have been embarrasing)

Oh, edit- the morning glory and the stratocumulus are blatently chemtrails being called clouds

[edit on 28/4/2010 by Acidtastic]

Mamatus clouds are an everyday occourence here in the Midwest. If you see them on a hot humid day, think tornado. I saw some beautiful ones just yesterday on the way to the store. I always stop in awe of them, even if I see them all the time.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Absolutely gorgeous, thank you for sharing these. S+F. Nice to see something on ATS that's " happy " for once.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Awesome pictures and I loved your description too!

Clouds are great........

S&F.

g

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for that.

Pic No.3 has just become my new desktop wallpaper, as I've just got a new PC and haven't yet picked one.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Here's my addition.

A photo taken about this time last year at Lake Tahoe.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantom
Can't remember those stratocumulus clouds when I was a young child.
Never seen a old paiting where these clouds would be showed like that.
Seen a couple of old black and white movies and can't find them either there.

Stopped a person outside a mall and pointed on the sky where these trails was and asked him if he knew what those are called,
he told me that those clouds was called chemtrails and I got surpriced because he was a tourist.

When was the first time these stratocumulus clouds was seen.?

I tell ya what, I was amazed yesterday to overhear a conversation at work, where a couple of people were discussing the lack of chemtrails in the sky during the time the planes were grounded last week.

BTW, isn't it amazing that the planes are back in the sky and guess what... The skies are overcast and it's a lot cooler than it was.

Could be a coicidence, but it seems a little strange to me.

ETA: Where the hell is OzWeatherman? He's usually well hot on these type of threads.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

That just goes to show, Human artists suck ballz compare to nature.. No offence but it is true..

I rather look up to the sky than go to a freaken art gallery, ohh gosh:
Waste of money + Bordum = ZZzz

I want to hand myself in an art gallery once to put some excitement on their lives lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join