It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Tea Party.org The Tale of 2 Dales

page: 1
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Dale Robertson is the founder of TeaParty.org.

The photo below was taken at a TP rally in Houston, Feb 2009.



washingtonindependent.com...

Please notice the sign which currently appears @ TeaParty.org:



www.teaparty.org...

Notice anything different? Think his racism has diminished in a year?

I’d be curious to hear from all the Pro TPM posters who claim the TPM is not rife with racists.


[edit on 27-4-2010 by kinda kurious]




posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Umm, I don't know how to break it you...this guy has been proven to be a mascot for the LEFT version of the Tea Party. He set up his own website to push this provocative agenda like that Seattle teacher who apparently doesn't like heat, but this guy sure loves the attention.

But you can keep believing in this BS..


Houston Tea Party

Dale Robertson = Faker


The Washington Independent’s Dave Weigel reported on the sign in January, including the fact that the Houston Tea Party said they had thrown Robertson out of the Feb. 27, 2009 event because of the epithet, and disavowed any connection to Robertson. Weigel tried to get a comment from TeaParty.org, Robertson’s group, but as of this writing, Weigel says they never got back to him.

Since Weigel’s story, Robertson has been depicted as a “faker” and an “impostor” who “is not the leader of a Tea Party organization,” and “has never organized anything.” The basic idea is to paint Robertson as a fame-whoring nobody, with no connection to the movement.

However, Robertson has been credited as a Tea Party founder and used as a source by media outlets as diverse as agnostic C-SPAN, the liberal Thom Hartman Program, and the conservative Washington Times. In fact, it was the Washington Times’ quote of Robertson that resurrected the n-word story.


Edited: To add his ties to the LEFT media, in bold....
Your very Welcome,


He is propagated by the LEFT and Exposed by the RIGHT, I guess using the LEFT Plant was not the correct way to label him...let say Dale is the LEFT's Mascot for their version of the Tea Party.

Also as per the photograph being a fake, its clearly not. I didn't deny it, neither did the article...just goes to prove you how credible he is..


You have to try harder to reach for proven BS stories on the Tea Parties, Hey I think Breitbart still has that $100,000 for you and your cohorts. Try finding that video about who said the "N" word, I know who said it...it was them civil rights leaders themselves.

Again better luck next time when trying to discredit, just do a little more research so you don't get punk'd.



[edit on 27-4-2010 by prionace glauca]



posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca
 


Got any sources or links? I am not aware of that evidence. Thanks.

ETA: Thanks for the link. So one local splinter faction of TPM has distanced themselves from him. Good idea. What are his connections to the LEFT as per your assertion? Thanks.

ETA #2
Thanks. According to your source, the original photo IS NOT FAKE.


Mediaite’s resident Photoshop expert, Philip Bump, provided extensive analysis of the Houston Tea Party photo. You can read his full report here, but he sums it up by saying

“There’s no evidence that the photo was altered in any way. For it to have been altered convincingly requires a level of sophistication that doesn’t seem to be worth the pay-off in this case.”


As far as ties to left, the article clearly states he is a source for both Conservative and Liberal outlets. I assume they refer to C-SPAN as Agnostic, meaning neutral or without party affiliation. Key word = "diverse."

Regardless, seems to DILUTE your assertion he is a "plant" by the Left. Sorry, but nice try. Thanks for playing.


[edit on 27-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by kinda kurious]



posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca
 


I'm afraid your defense falls short. The purpose of this thread was to expose blatant racism within TPM. Dale Robertson is a member of TPM. Dale Robertson founded TeaParty.org. and runs it. Dale Robertson is shown with a racist sign.

Somehow you'd like us to assume he is none of the above and simply a shill?
How are we supposed to distinguish between those TP groups who are "authorized"
and those who are not.

Is the Tea Party Express the real deal? Is Palin the leader of TPM?

Will the real TPM please stand up.



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
+++ Update +++

Apparently the 2nd image in my OP is legit. However it replaces the first image which was Photoshopped to remove racial epithet.

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

The deeper I dig the more incriminating info comes to light on this guy. (Founded TP over 2 years ago, i.e. one of original founders of modern movement.)

Granted a few of the myriad of so called "Tea Parties" are trying to distance themselves, but I can't help but think he espouses their secret core beliefs.

Like it or not, he purports to be the real deal. With such a prominent domain like teaparty.org for many he is the face of the current TPM.

But hey, don't shoot the messenger. As they say, the FACTS are stubborn.

Where are all the vocal Tea Party advocates?


[edit on 28-4-2010 by kinda kurious]



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Umm, I don't know how to break it you...this guy has been proven to be a mascot for the LEFT version of the Tea Party. He set up his own website to push this provocative agenda like that Seattle teacher who apparently doesn't like heat, but this guy sure loves the attention.

But you can keep believing in this BS..


Houston Tea Party

Dale Robertson = Faker


The Washington Independent’s Dave Weigel reported on the sign in January, including the fact that the Houston Tea Party said they had thrown Robertson out of the Feb. 27, 2009 event because of the epithet, and disavowed any connection to Robertson. Weigel tried to get a comment from TeaParty.org, Robertson’s group, but as of this writing, Weigel says they never got back to him.

Since Weigel’s story, Robertson has been depicted as a “faker” and an “impostor” who “is not the leader of a Tea Party organization,” and “has never organized anything.” The basic idea is to paint Robertson as a fame-whoring nobody, with no connection to the movement.

However, Robertson has been credited as a Tea Party founder and used as a source by media outlets as diverse as agnostic C-SPAN, the liberal Thom Hartman Program, and the conservative Washington Times. In fact, it was the Washington Times’ quote of Robertson that resurrected the n-word story.


Edited: To add his ties to the LEFT media, in bold....
Your very Welcome,


He is propagated by the LEFT and Exposed by the RIGHT, I guess using the LEFT Plant was not the correct way to label him...let say Dale is the LEFT's Mascot for their version of the Tea Party.

Also as per the photograph being a fake, its clearly not. I didn't deny it, neither did the article...just goes to prove you how credible he is..


You have to try harder to reach for proven BS stories on the Tea Parties, Hey I think Breitbart still has that $100,000 for you and your cohorts. Try finding that video about who said the "N" word, I know who said it...it was them civil rights leaders themselves.

Again better luck next time when trying to discredit, just do a little more research so you don't get punk'd.



[edit on 27-4-2010 by prionace glauca]


How come all the tea party supporters keep whining about being called right wing or Republican when you are clearly saying that the left has nothing to do with your tea party?



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This clown is a government plant.

He's a pile of crap no-body running around with racist signs and the media is all over him like flies on shat.

This guy is tailor made for the republican and democrats to discredit the tea party movement.



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
This clown is a government plant.

He's a pile of crap no-body running around with racist signs and the media is all over him like flies on shat.

This guy is tailor made for the republican and democrats to discredit the tea party movement.


Should I wait for the OP to ask you for sources or are you preparing them now?



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I love the way they always try and say these racists are planted by the left, totally shucking any responsibility or connection. Epic FAIL!



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1
 


Granted Mr. Robertson is an enigma for TPM. However, for you to assume that the burden is on most people to decipher his ambiguity is preposterous.

The TPM has allowed itself to become marginalized by charlatans and polarizing self appointed leaders. (Sarah Palin ring any bells?) If they implode it will be from their own doing. (rather undoing) They seem to be a ship without a rudder endorsing any yahoo who will lead them. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck chances are it is a group of bigoted rednecks carrying racist signs.

They seem to band together in the spirit of "misery loves company" but offer no real solutions for sweeping change. I suspect this guy represents the true sentiment of the majority of them.

Sad really as I would support a rational and independent movement.







[edit on 28-4-2010 by kinda kurious]



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
People just love race baiting don't they.
Another thread, another list of accusations.

Pathetic.



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
People just love race baiting don't they.
Another thread, another list of accusations.


Accusations without proof are just that.

Evidence with proof = FACT.

Thanks for your contribution, although I don't know why.

Perhaps you're simply above it. Odd place to hang out in a discussion forum.



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A lot of assumptions in this thread about a wing nut and how he probably espouses the core values of an entire movement.

Give me a break!!


In response to questions we have received regarding Dale Robertson and his involvement with HoustonTPS, and specifically in reference to his attendance at our rally on 27 Feb 2009, we would like to state that:



1. He is NOT a member of our Leadership team.

2. He owns a website with which we have never been affiliated.

3. He has never been a part of organizing any of the Tea Party rallies in the Houston area, or any other area that we can find.

4. We addressed some issues involving him back in April. Here it is on our website, where Mr. Robertson himself comments: houstontps.org...

5. We do not choose to associate with people that use his type of disgusting language.



A search on Google yields plenty of information about Mr. Robertson, and a search of the various leadership teams among legitimate national tea party organizations show him nowhere to be found.

houstontps.org...

The lefty wing nut plant, Mr. Robertson, bought an obvious domain name and went to town. He got the details right though. Because he misspelled the "word" on his sign. You know dem tea baggers is just a bunch of ignerint dummies.


Using a shill to vilify the entire movement. Keep trying...

Who is Mr. Robertson? Really...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by jibeho]



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
The lefty wing nut plant, Mr. Robertson, bought an obvious domain name and went to town.


Domain Search reveals ( Personal info redacted as per T&C)

Domain ID: D104838905-LROR
Domain Name:TEAPARTY.ORG
Created On:02-Sep-2004 18:54:10 UTC
Last Updated On:05-Apr-2009 00:31:29 UTC
Expiration Date:02-Sep-2011 18:54:10 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:37852062-NSIV
Registrant Name: Dale Robertson
Registrant Street1: XXXXXXXXXX
Registrant Street2:
Registrant City:XXXXXXXX
Registrant State/Province:XXXXXXXX
Registrant Postal Code:XXXXXXXX
Registrant Country:XXX
Registrant Phone:XXXXXXXXX
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:

Domain Search Tool

Contrary to your assertion, he didn't just "buy a domain and go to town":
Created On: 02-Sep-2004



Care to elaborate on "Lefty-Wingnut Claim?" I'll be waiting.


[edit on 28-4-2010 by kinda kurious]



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Some more on Robertson from a Left perspective. This is pretty good and just about sums the man up. He is just looking for a buck and 15 minutes of glory. Sounds like the guy has some mental issues as well.


Even the left-wing Mother Jones brushed off claims that Robertson was part of or represented the mainstream (for lack of a better term) Tea Party movement. A blogger there wrote last month:

If the [Washington Post] had bothered to assign someone to cover the burgeoning Tea Party movement, its editors would have known that Robertson doesn't actually represent anyone, except maybe himself...

Like many of the media hounds claiming to represent the grassroots Tea Party movement, Robertson's main credential is opportunism. Last spring, as the movement was taking root, he had the foresight to register a whole bunch of tea party domain names, including teaparty.org, Texas Tea Party, Houston Tea Party, HoustonTXTeaParty, and so on. Then he tried to sell the names back to the actual Texas tea party leaders, making veiled threats about lawsuits over their use of the Tea Party name. The former Navy officer who claims to be running for governor of Texas has even put some of the domain names on eBay, with the stated intent of saving his house from foreclosure. While real Tea Party leaders have distanced themselves from Robertson, the media have embraced him and his false claim that he founded the entire Tea Party movement. Despite efforts by Tea Party leaders to publicize Robertson's phony creds and racist sign-making habits, Robertson has appeared on Fox News, C-Span, Russia Today, as well as a host of radio shows, and he's been quoted with authority in a variety of newspapers. The Washington Post quote, though, is definitely a coup for Roberston, and a true embarrassment for the Post, which really should have known better.


newsbusters.org...

The man is nothing more than a simple asshat. He even threw his name in for the 2010 Texas governors bid. Good luck

[edit on 28-4-2010 by jibeho]



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


Brent Bozell? CNS? NewsBusters?

From your link:


L. Brent Bozell III, 54, is one of the most outspoken and effective national leaders in the conservative movement today.


Surely you jest?


[edit on 28-4-2010 by kinda kurious]



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
liberals are more racist than anyone on earth



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by jibeho
 


Brent Bozell? CNS? NewsBusters?

From your link:


L. Brent Bozell III, 54, is one of the most outspoken and effective national leaders in the conservative movement today.


Surely you jest?


[edit on 28-4-2010 by kinda kurious]


Thanks for mentioning my favorite sources for actual news!!

No MOther Jones. You must have missed it in my post that you didn't read. NB referenced the article in Mother Jones. By my own research he bought a couple of domain names and a slew of DBA names.

here you go:

Wash Post Quotes Bogus Tea Party Leader

DBA Names.
houstontps.org...

The guy is a wing nut if you can't see that than I will pass the hat to buy you some new and stronger rose colored glasses.

No legitimate group will touch this guy with a ten foot pole. He is wearing a scarlet tea bag on his lapel. The man is a pariah.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by jibeho]
edit:
Bozell and Andrew Breitbart are two of my heroes. Right behind Floyd the Barber and Andy Griffith.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by jibeho]



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
liberals are more racist than anyone on earth


I think you wanted to add Liberal/Progressives as the two represent one ideology. Now throw into the mix communism and you got yourself a party full of racists or racist against their own kind. Their only common ground is the power they want to step over every ones liberties and rights.



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
More poignant quotes from the FOUNDER of TeaParty.org. (Founded in 2004.)


Dale Robertson, a public speaker, a family man with a wife and 5 children, has lead Tea Party rallies across America from its inception.

Needless to say, this Tea Party movement has grown far beyond me, from 1 person to over 6 million. Many following in my foot steps, some declaring they are the founder

I took my stand, thousands joined me, and then millions assembled across our beloved nation.

From this humble beginning a movement was born. The Tea Party movement, born from obscurity, without funding, without planning, a spontaneous force is shaking the very glass foundation of the oligarchy who rules in our name, but without our blessing.


TeaParty.org Founder Bio Page

His words, not mine. But go ahead and shoot the messenger.


[edit on 28-4-2010 by kinda kurious]



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join