It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party.org The Tale of 2 Dales

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

What was that you were saying about race?

And you do realize that Teaparty.org is not an official "tea party" site since the tea party doesn't have a central authority right?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by aravoth]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
OK seem to have struck a nerve here. I'll place Mr. Robertson on the side burner for a moment and focus on racism by the "Movement" in general.

All just like Dale. Birds of a feather.

More pictures and EXCELLENT commentary here.

The TPM is not a movement that will ever account for constructive change: it is fueled by impotence and focused on attack. Its constituents are not bad people, but they frequently do bad things.

But if the TPM is not bad, it is certainly unhealthy. It is unhealthy to scream and threaten to get what you want. Children do it, and get scolded or spanked. Adult Tea Baggers get another 3 minutes on national TV.

Pulling the cloaks off the Tea Baggers won’t solve their problems, but it will make it more difficult for them to pretend they’re adult voters dealing with political concerns. The Tea Baggers’ present strategies and agendas are negative and ineffective.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
since when is depicting the president of the united states as Hitler a sign of racism?

Don't recall the "racist" backlash then....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I can find absolutely no mention of a 2004 founding date for his personal movement on his website. I know you found that he purchased the domain in 2004. I still cannot find a founding date of the organization itself.

That date throws me because there was no significant mention of a modern tea party movement at all back then. At least none that I can find right now. Only mention of the usual casual tea party protests on tax day.

You may have inadvertently stumbled onto something. The modern movement really didn't even get going until 2009.

Why was this odd fellow registering a domain like teaparty.org back in 2004? Perhaps he used to hire himself out for kids Tea Parties back then.

I'm stumped.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I am still not seeing any signs of racism in these pictures. Spelling problems yes. Perhaps Obama should take a closer look at education or adult literacy programs in this country. Maybe Apple can launch a new protest sign spell check app.

A wee bit of ignorance, perhaps. We really don't use the term "half breed"anymore unless you are partial to Cher songs of the 1970's. And you just might be

Keep trying. Just don't do any creative photo shopping with old images of any southern Klan rallies.

edit:
In your first sign they are even calling Hitler an a hole. No self respecting racist would ever refer to their hero as an a hole.
Zing Zow Bam!! Kablooey.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I am still not seeing any signs of racism in these pictures.

Not seeing any? Not one?

Are you being honest now?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Admitttedly, I am no web domain expert. However all 3 of these lookup sites below show registration in 2004. That is not to say something is spoofed or whatever so I will not stick my neck out on that claim. I was merely striving to prove he is not a "Johnny come lately" to TPM. So if I was pwnd so be it. I suspect he has been a racist for much longer. However, he is not my problem, he's yours.

www.pir.org...

www.allwhois.com...

www.internic.net...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I already commented on the "half-breed" comment and the hitler image.

One sign compares Obama to Clinton and Bush. Perhaps that is the one I'm missing.

The first image has been debated and implies the common theme of "kill the bill"

Enlighten me please

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by jibeho

Admitttedly, I am no web domain expert. However all 3 of these lookup sites below show registration in 2004. That is not to say something is spoofed or whatever so I will not stick my neck out on that claim. I was merely striving to prove he is not a "Johnny come lately" to TPM. So if I was pwnd so be it. I suspect he has been a racist for much longer. However, he is not my problem, he's yours.

www.pir.org...

www.allwhois.com...

www.internic.net...

There is certainly no denying that date. It is just odd and does not add up. Perhaps this clown knows more than I think. You may have stumbled onto something. Time to dig a little deeper. Keep track of that information it may come in handy someday when we discover that we have all been pwnd for mere snips and giggles of TPTB.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The first image has been debated and implies the common theme of "kill the bill" Enlighten me please

Who does this guy plan on killing then?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The first image has been debated and implies the common theme of "kill the bill" Enlighten me please

Who does this guy plan on killing then?

Apparently, no one. His photo shopped sign says he is unarmed. Smiling killers usually don't advertise their next victim either.

Is this a test of some sort?

Anyhoo, this well known liberal columnist sought to investigate and debunk the stereotypes that you seem to embrace. I know you said you had a bad experience once at a rally. I did to the first time I smoked crack. Just keep at it, it will get better.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I did a thread on all the racist Obama signs that were made months ago. It has several pics of signs. Go see........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I'm a little dissappointed. You are insinuating the sign is Photoshopped? Is that what you do when your argument runs out of steam? Would you prefer I return to spirit of OP and discuss Mr. Robertson?

Might want to tone down the false accusations and insults.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
People just love race baiting don't they.
Another thread, another list of accusations.

Accusations without proof are just that.

Evidence with proof = FACT.

Thanks for your contribution, although I don't know why.

Perhaps you're simply above it. Odd place to hang out in a discussion forum.

I am above it! Why not you? No matter how many examples of these bafoons you post I can find ten examples of perfectly legitimate dissent. You choose to focus on the race issue. You keep drawing the curtain open, painting a movemennt with a very huge brush, and never stopping to think about the kind of damage you're doing to the social fabric of our nation.

I attend Tea Parties every chance I get. I'm a Hispanic immigrant. The Tea Party is putting Marco Rubio in office in Florida, and putting Lt. Col Allen West(a black man) into the political limelight.

You are racebaiting. There are hundreds of threads just like this one all over ATS. I'm sick of it. I'm tired of you and everyone like you who make it there sole purpose behind any effort to demonize someone else unjustly. This whole subject has shown me one thing about you and those of you who keep pushing the race crap, you're incapable of critical thinking just as much as the racist idiots you showcase as the front runners of the TPM.

This is pathetic. It's old, it's worn out.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Mercy sakes,I'm not sure where to begin. Your attack on me is fraught with contradictions. I'll do my best to decipher your yard-sale type argument.

Originally posted by projectvxn
I am above it! Why not you? No matter how many examples of these bafoons you post I can find ten examples of perfectly legitimate dissent.

I posted signs with buffoons threatening racial epithets and gun violence. That is somehow legitimate dissent? If you can justify veiled threats as acceptable, be my guest. (I'll only hold you to 9 examples in the spirit of good faith.)

You choose to focus on the race issue. You keep drawing the curtain open, painting a movemennt with a very huge brush, and never stopping to think about the kind of damage you're doing to the social fabric of our nation.

Hmmmm. From my perch in the real world, exposing bigotry and hatred promotes the social fabric of our nation. That is one strange argument my friend.

I attend Tea Parties every chance I get...The Tea Party is putting Marco Rubio in office in Florida, and putting Lt. Col Allen West(a black man) into the political limelight.
Mark Rubio is a candidate in the Republican Party running for the Senate. NO ONE is "putting him in office." (I live in Fla. btw.) I'm not familiar with the Col. I'll look him up.

You are racebaiting. There are hundreds of threads just like this one all over ATS. I'm sick of it. I'm tired of you and everyone like you who make it there sole purpose behind any effort to demonize someone else unjustly.

Oh, like you've just done to me? Double standard? Me and everyone like me? And you claim I use a broad brush.

This whole subject has shown me one thing about you and those of you who keep pushing the race crap, you're incapable of critical thinking just as much as the racist idiots you showcase as the front runners of the TPM.
Hmm. The "racist idiot front runners of the TPM" head up the group you so vehemently defended in above paragraph.

Look, I can sense your rage but think it is displaced and you have misjudged my stance on many issues. Unless you just enjoy inflicting "drive-bys."

The purpose of this thread is to EXPOSE racists, not perpetuate them. I acknowledge your heritage and see you like to add that in most all your posts although I'm not sure why. Regardless, I appreciate your contribution. I hope your deeply held (albeit misguided) convictions in the TPM don't leave you further exiled. Regards.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'm one of the many examples as to why these accusations of racism of a group of people who are a crossection of the general population are misguided. You beat the Tea Party down with this crap and ignore people like me when it doesn't suit you. The other posts you speak of are related to the immigration issue which is also being used as a race tool, as if all Hispanics think and feel the same way.

How about all the End the Fed signs?
Tax Reform Signs, second amendment signs(or do you think the 2nd was written for avid hunters?), healthcare legislation signs, accoutability signs, immigration reform signs, financial reform signs, End the Empire signs, Arrest Bush signs. There are tons of examples of legitimate protest.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

I'm a little dissappointed. You are insinuating the sign is Photoshopped? Is that what you do when your argument runs out of steam? Would you prefer I return to spirit of OP and discuss Mr. Robertson?

Might want to tone down the false accusations and insults.

Didn't realize the guy posed for so many pictures with a professionally made sign. Seems a little fishy to me.

Who is this guy trying to kill? Is that the best you can do to combat a tongue and cheek sign that yet AGAIN shows no signs of being racist. Keep trying. You'll eventually get ONE in the win column.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Dude, You accused me of posting a fake 'shopped' sign. I reply with 3 other examples which CLEARLY prove it was a real sign plus a 4th bonus of a different guy with hand made sign. Now you suggest it was professionally made and suspect. C'mon. You are moving the goal posts. BTW, people who make "tongue in cheek" threats of gun violence don't strike me as amusing. Odd that we rational thinkers can't tell if they should be taken seriously. I suppose you think bomb threats are a real hoot. But I suppose all the TPM does is cry wolf. Honestly you are a sore loser.

I won't bother to counter any more of your ridiculous claims since you can't seem to accept FACTS as proof. Stick to racing dinghies, it suits you. (BTW, I'm 3 and 0 with you now.)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I already commented on the "half-breed" comment and the hitler image.

Funny because between that picture and my post, there is not one comment from you about the half breed sign. There is only this

I am still not seeing any signs of racism in these pictures.

Does the word "any" mean something different to you than it does to me?

One sign compares Obama to Clinton and Bush. Perhaps that is the one I'm missing.

The first image has been debated and implies the common theme of "kill the bill"

Enlighten me please

I guess you better enlighten me because I see the picture, no mention from you of it, then I see you claim to not see ANY racism. How about you explain to me what "any" really means.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Perhaps you need to read further up the thread. Right there in the second paragraph.

I am still not seeing any signs of racism in these pictures. Spelling problems yes. Perhaps Obama should take a closer look at education or adult literacy programs in this country. Maybe Apple can launch a new protest sign spell check app.

A wee bit of ignorance, perhaps. We really don't use the term "half breed"anymore unless you are partial to Cher songs of the 1970's. And you just might be

Keep trying. Just don't do any creative photo shopping with old images of any southern Klan rallies.

edit:
In your first sign they are even calling Hitler an a hole. No self respecting racist would ever refer to their hero as an a hole.
Zing Zow Bam!! Kablooey.

EDIT:
The term half breed is certainly from an older generation. My grandma always referred to her Black neighbors as Colored with not an ounce of negativity or hate toward them. Ask Lou Reed about the word "colored". It didn't seem to hurt his record sales back in his prime. No racist intent. In the case of the "Half Breed Muslin" sign. I vote for ignorance over hate based on the spelling error alone. One can't expect the whole country to be politically correct. Some people just don't understand the concept. Still no racism. Keep trying.

Once again this is just pointless. The entire focus of this thread has drunkenly strayed away from the OP and the wing nut in its focus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join