It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Intelligent Aliens Undermine God?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Yeah, I read Enoch 1.2 and 3

Fantastic read!!!!!

If you'll recall, the demons stole secrets of heaven before they were kicked out....funny thing, in the Koran, the Jin also stole secrets of heaven before they were kicked , out...2 nd witness....

I firmly believe, any so called aliens would be Yahwehs fallen angels, and I suppose that if there were others, they would be His and therefore part of His plan, and there would not be any interference to His plan for us here on earth by any outsiders if any exist.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
I applaud you for this stance - and, while what you are saying is of course true ("Nothing in the Bible eliminates the possibility") NO Christian ANYwhere, up to less than a decade ago would acknowledge the fact that there were any intelligent lifeforms other than human anywhere else in the universe - my, how times have changed.... quickly.

No Christian ANYwhere? Really?

Actually this is quite false. The concept of alien life was at the heart of C.S. Lewis’ Silent Planet (1939), in which voyagers from Earth land on Mars and encounter a race which never experienced a fall and whose inhabitants have no difficulty discerning the will of their creator.

Theologians have debated whether God created other worlds and races for the last 2000 years. As far back as 1000 years ago they contended that it follows that because God is certainly able, he probably did. It was even considered a heresy if you did not believe in other worlds.

Dr Heiser goes over the history of the theology in his speech at the God Man and ET conference. I have a DVD of the conference. Anyone interested in tis subject should definitely watch all of the lectures.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I did not read every reply to this thread, so if any of these have been asked before, my apologies.

Did Jesus die for the sins of men on earth only? Does that mean life on other planets has never sinned?

Or did God send his only son Jesus to each and every planet in the universe at different times to die on a cross to save the sinners? Or could Jesus be like God and be everywhere at the same time?

What constitutes a sin on other planets? Do they have the same ten commandments as we do?

Does each planet have a quota for 144,000 people/life forms that can go on to heaven? Would it make you upset if you found out other planets were allowed 200,000?

Does each planet have their own version of a bible?

Did God maybe practice in creating life on other planets, starting with slime and working his way up to humans, and even more advanced life on other planets?

Maybe all these alien visitations are Gods way of having a family reunion and not everyone can make the date at the same time? After all, isn't time different on other planets?

Ok, I'm tired not thinking very clearly and I'm just jotting down some things running through my head. These questions might seem facetious, ( ok, some are) but they are valid questions. So many questions, so few answers.

Note to self: Don't post when extremely tired.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by virraszto]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I did not read every reply to this thread, so if any of these have been asked before, my apologies.

Did Jesus die for the sins of men on earth only? Does that mean life on other planets has never sinned? [[ I believe you would be doing yourself a big favor by sticking to earth for now ]]

Or did God send his only son Jesus to each and every planet in the universe at different times to die on a cross to save the sinners? Or could Jesus be like God and be everywhere at the same time?

What constitutes a sin on other planets? Do they have the same ten commandments as we do?

Does each planet have a quota for 144,000 people/life forms that can go on to heaven? Would it make you upset if you found out other planets were allowed 200,000?

Does each planet have their own version of a bible?

Did God maybe practice in creating life on other planets, starting with slime and working his way up to humans, and even more advanced life on other planets?

Maybe all these alien visitations are Gods way of having a family reunion and not everyone can make the date at the same time? After all, isn't time different on other planets? [[ I don't believe the "aliens" as you call them are from other planets, the most likely scenario is they are fallen angels .....but that doesn't mean God cannot have air/gravity ships too .....and these beings slip in and out of other dimensions....that's why they can be here one moment on radar, then just gone on the next blip ]]

Ok, I'm tired not thinking very clearly and I'm just jotting down some things running through my head. These questions might seem facetious, ( ok, some are) but they are valid questions. So many questions, so few answers.

Note to self: Don't post when extremely tired.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by virraszto]

I answered what I could

just check above in the dbl brackets [[ ......]]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I am non religious by nature, although I do believe in a higher power I don't follow any set religious path. But its impossible to say there is no creator, at least from my perspective. If higher power entities did exist, I would immagine they would have a better understanding of the universe itself.. although I haven't decided if this universe was creating with the intentions of never being revealed as to who created it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join