It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine parliamentary vote on Black Sea fleet erupts into fistfight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Ukraine parliamentary vote on Black Sea fleet erupts into fistfight

www.guardian.co.uk

Ukraine's parliament erupted when parliamentarians were asked to vote on a controversial law allowing Russia to continue to use a naval base in Crimea.

Opposition MPs oppose the move by Ukraine's new pro-Russian president, Viktor Yanukovych, describing it as a betrayal. As scuffles broke out, nationalist MPs unfurled the Ukrainian flag.

They then began pelting the speaker, Volodymyr Lytvyn, with eggs. As bodyguards protected him with two umbrellas, Yanukovych's supporters joined in, slapping and punching one hapless MP. Smoke then filled the chamber.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Tensions are getting higher in the Ukraine. There is no doubt that Russia is asserting its authoritiy. Killed almost the entire polish leadership (debatable), Overthrowing pro-US kyrgyzstan government, and of course installing its puppet in the ukraine. Civil War in it future? time will tell.. you can add the ukraineto the list of countries in the world where there is civil unrest. a sign of the times...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
Tensions are getting higher in the Ukraine. There is no doubt that Russia is asserting its authoritiy.

Meet the new boss. Slightly better than the old boss.

Russia..... IMF. Ukraine is stuck between a rock and a hard place. And they're getting squeezed.

Russia is extending it's sphere of influence again very quickly.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Yes the Russians certainly are on the march again. At the start of the 90's it all looked so bad, all its client states gone and the USSR disintegrated. Russia itself looked like it was on the verge of break up, then came along a man called Putin and Russia sorted itself out.

Looks like they really are getting back their former USSR, at least the bits they can. Much of central Asias 'stans' are back in the fold, they've taken back bits of Georgia, Belorussia seems to be very close, now Ukraine is ruled by a pro Russian leader.

Within a short time Ukraine has already extended the Russian stay in Sevastopol by twenty five years following a visit by Medvedev. The Russian will visit again in May for who knows what and the gas dispute is already sorted out too.

Something tells me a deal was done with Obama over Ukraine. It was all pro west, pro NATO, pro EU, then comes along Obama and Ukraine now seems to be back in the Russian pocket. I always thought Ukraine would be THE DEAL when it came to the Iranian question. Something along the lines of you get a nuke free Iran and we get Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Polish thing was just an accident, these things do happen you know. The west is just as likely to benefit from it, so no one can say who was behind it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
Tensions are getting higher in the Ukraine. There is no doubt that Russia is asserting its authoritiy.

Meet the new boss.
Russia..... IMF.

I agree that Russia is asserting.

Slightly better than the old boss.

No.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I uh.... I didn't see a fist fight...

Am I blind?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Already here: