It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy nonsense

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Do you know what the maintenance costs on a solar panel is?

Zero...

Sure, until it is destroyed by a hail storm, or a wind storm either blows it away, or smashes debris into it. Ask people about their zero maintenance free solar panels after a tornado or hurricane has passed through.

Likewise with wind power. These tend to come apart in storms. A good storm can turn your $50,000 free energy system to trash in minutes.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How much energy do we want for free and free to who?

I've seen this before and I've played with it only slightly... www.wimp.com...

A radio powered by nothing but the signal itself. No batteries, no plugs, just very simple design.

The most complicated part is the earbud. Watch the video and you'll see that the guy uses copper wire, thumbtacks, paperclips... assembly is by hand, no soldering, not transistors, no caps, nothing but simplicity.

While technically this is not free of even cheap energy simply because someone is paying for the power to generate the signal, it is next to free to the recipient of the signal...

If only we could harness such power at levels to power even an LED... that would be awesome.

I have my own idea to create a device that generates energy to charge a battery using mechanical means that is self driven. If I ever get around to prototyping it, I'll let you know the results.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by awood]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

Originally posted by Edrick
Do you know what the maintenance costs on a solar panel is?

Zero...

Sure, until it is destroyed by a hail storm, or a wind storm either blows it away, or smashes debris into it. Ask people about their zero maintenance free solar panels after a tornado or hurricane has passed through.

Likewise with wind power. These tend to come apart in storms. A good storm can turn your $50,000 free energy system to trash in minutes.

Taking this philosophy there cannot be free energy ever. No matter what, natural occurrences and even intentional destruction can occur and destroy anything we create... In order to be cheap, we have to assume that the costs of the device itself or maybe more realistically that the ongoing costs are free or next to free in situations that aren't catastrophic or destroyed by nature, war or anything else as these remove cheap and free from ANY solution.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by awood

Taking this philosophy there cannot be free energy ever. No matter what, natural occurrences and even intentional destruction can occur and destroy anything we create... In order to be cheap, we have to assume that the costs of the device itself or maybe more realistically that the ongoing costs are free or next to free in situations that aren't catastrophic or destroyed by nature, war or anything else as these remove cheap and free from ANY solution.

And that my friend is the whole point.

Suppose you buy a car for 30K and it costs you 3K a year in fuel to run it.
After ten years you have spent 60K, and the car is maybe worn out, and not worth much.

Would you pay 100K for a car that used absolutely no fuel at all, and cost absolutely nothing to run, but was also totally worn out and worthless after ten years ?

That is the problem.
Much of this free energy is not really free at all, when you take in all the costs (and risks) over the whole lifetime of the device.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
My challenge is to make actually free energy released but I really do not care cause I will be dead by then cause we need consumerism and fuel in order to keep whatever we got now and even if the worst happens the money leaders are going to want to keep the lead they have with the things they have now... It is just a endless cycle in the eyes of man the live now
Surpression, it is simple for those that have lives.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The free energy UFO seems free or so they say.
Then the inert gas Papp Engine needs no radiator.
There might be a few examples.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

Hey it would be stopping a lot of Methane from escaping into the ozone layer.
(Now that's a word i have not heard about since the popularity of global warming, the ozone hole, oh the fashion and fall of environmental causes.....)

I came across methane the other day, as part of the whole global warming, one of the programs companies can invest in for carbon points (pollution points matched with offsets in other areas) is the burning of methane. It's 20 times worse than CO2 so far as greenhouse effect. One has to wonder what happens with the vapour from burning methane though...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join