It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Repel a Classic Alien Invasion Scenario

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

im going to have to check that show out sounds interesting
waht is the name of the show? im thinking your talking about ancient aliens or something like that

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

lol that sounds fun.

Ever wanted to be the last stand against an alien invasion.

Lay back grab a beer, Blast some Music, and let the fun begin.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

another good game about fighing alien invasions is universe at war earth asault
its one of my favorites

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Here is the link to youtube thier is 9 parts.

www.youtube.com...

Other parts are next to it on youtube

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Great game but i feel were going slightly off-topic and may get in trouble

*runs and hides from the moderators*

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

lol i think it still applies becasue it could be viewed as a simulator i just hope the masari and novus are real in an invasion scenario

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

lol i`ll Buy a giant atari and make it drivable

attach cannon and let the *pew *pew begin.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

if that dont work maybe we can give them quarters so they can do their laundry lol

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

lol i think we are way off topic now.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Many presumed advance technology will win wars. They are wrong. Machines do not win wars. It is people that wins it.

Properly motivated, no machine can beat the 'david' determine to survive or to protect his love ones. ...
That's because humans haven't created machines that can think, nor ones that can think a million or a billion times quicker than all human beings combined.... well within the theoretical limits of (artificial) computing.

If they are of ill intentions and declare war, our airforce and sams will be enough to destroy any probes despatched to Earth at the atmosphere levels.
not if their weapon systems move near lights speed, or are numbered in the millions, billions or greater, or if they are microscopic.

2. Our planet is quite big, and if the ETs wishes to release biological contaminants at the atmosphere levels, they will not have enough of a big fleet to cover the entire Earth. Whatever that is on the air can be shot down by our missiles.
They could show up with a billion warships for all we know. They wouldn't necessarily be limited by logistical problems that seem insurmountable to human beings.

3. Our Health organisations are advance enough to trace for any biological contaminants if it somehow manage to penetrate through humans. There are 6 billion people and it is impossible for the ETs to kill everyone in one single moment.
they could kill everyone in one single moment with a relativistic bomb, or a mega neutron bomb, or a trillion smaller neutron bombs.

Mankind would be able to discover the vaccine and vaccinate all that is left, and take the fight back to the ETs. Whatever machines they may render faulty, we can replace it in swift time.
The aliens may be able to engineer a million new fatal viruses in the time it takes us to find a vaccine for just one of them.

4. The ETs may control Space, but mankind will still control Earth and its resources. At some point, the ETs resources will run out and will need to come to Earth to replenish. And that's where mankind will wipe them out, everyone of them, with everything we have.
even if they're a million times smarter and quicker witted than all of us combined? Even if their weapon systems move near the speed of light? Even if their nano scale weapon systems are too small for us to easily detect and spread too rapidly for us to control? Even if all our weapons have been vaporized by lasers from 300,000 km away? This isn't even considering weapons that might be developed using physics we haven't discovered yet, i.e., what would seem like magic to us.

But all these are moot. There is no indication of ETs being friendly or unfriendly. If they are friendly, I am sure the red carpet will be rolled out. But if they are unfriendly, mankind is prepared to play the game to its bitter end.

So there's nothing to fear or the need for any fear/war mongering.

I think you are wrong about some things here. The theoretical physical limitations of technology so greatly surpass what humanity is capable of today, we'd have to face an enemy that was no more than a few hundred or thousands of years comparatively more advanced than us if we are to have any chance at all. The possibilities of super-human artificial intelligence is alone enough to scare the hell out of me....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

you were right about everything except the first thing are you familiar with ai? its in videogames and chess robots

well you werent really wrong because AI still doesnt think for itself i mean it kinda does but then again maybe not......
you know what nevermind

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

I like a good debate.

Starred

[edit on 28-4-2010 by True-seer]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I meant strong general [EDIT: artificial] intelligence when i wrote a.i.

Why isn't A.I. usually considered when talking about aliens? I think it would probably be their greatest advantage if they are hostile toward us.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Tearman]

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
REPEL ???
I wanna seek their assistance.

sir, just a couple questions:

Are you going to kill us ???

and if not, can you fix our government ???

thank you

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
The theoretical physical limitations of technology so greatly surpass what humanity is capable of today, we'd have to face an enemy that was no more than a few hundred or thousands of years comparatively more advanced than us if we are to have any chance at all. The possibilities of super-human artificial intelligence is alone enough to scare the hell out of me....

One phrase....If it bleeds, it can be killed and destroyed.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Classic invasion? It's not too hard until the end.

You have to remember to aim for where they are going to be, not where they are.

The only problem there Phage is that I noticed you're a NOOB!
No Credits

Bwuahahahahaha

Noob!

If they can travel Millions and Billions or even Trillions of miles and they were really hostile unless we can upload a Mac Virus. We are toast.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Just a thought.

Extraterresterial lifeforms capable of light year distances travelling are what they are - lifeforms - holding life in their bodies. Regardless if one thinks of them being either in the evolutionary or creationist camps, they are physical beings with life. It is life that animates them and make them move.

As such, life needs to be sustained by resources. They are only biological beings. Even if they are cyborgs or pure robotic beings, they too need resources- energy.

Deny them of such resources - their weak points - and they will be rendered to our mercies, for anihilation or for peace.

'Know your enemy, know yourself. A thousand battlesfought, a thousand won.' Sun Tzi. Art of War

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Obviously I think things would go rather hopelessly for us if we are invaded by aliens at our current state of development. What could be done about it?

1. I think our best bet for countering an alien threat is in the development of A.I. (ensuring beforehand that we have a way of ensuring it is friendly toward humans... [also toward things that humans care about.])

2. Planetary defenses will probably have certain fundamental advantages over space based defenses. Work should be done to maximize these advantages (Read about this on www.projectrho.com...) Some of these advantages could be:

a) Superior concealment: Mountains, forests, cities, vs. no concealment in space.
b) Greater mobility: Planet-side vehicles can use ground/atmosphere as reaction mass whereas spacecraft have to carry their propellant with them.
c) Superior heat rejection: Doing work creates waste heat. Only way to get rid of it in space (that we know about) is through radiation. Planet-side power plants and weapon systems can dump their waste heat into the mass of the earth. So they can do more work before melting-- fire more laser beams before their lasers burn out.

3. Relativistic bombs and nano-tech are particularly worrisome to me. Some kind of defense would have to be devised against these two potential threats. Fortunately relativistic bombs might end up being impossible to actually build if no way can be found to accelerate a spacecraft using external means. Nanotech would have specific disadvantages as a weapon, though a defense that exploits those weaknesses might also cause massive damage to the earth's natural ecosystem.

4. Detection. More sensors would have to be deployed and a constant survey of the sky continuously maintained.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Just a thought.

As such, life needs to be sustained by resources. They are only biological beings. Even if they are cyborgs or pure robotic beings, they too need resources- energy.

Deny them of such resources - their weak points - and they will be rendered to our mercies, for anihilation or for peace.
This could potentially work, but not if they are better at taking resources than we are at stopping them from doing so.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Very nice debates here guys, this is very very intersting to me.

I'd just like to add that boondock your correct.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join