It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Repel a Classic Alien Invasion Scenario

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

How to Repel a Classic Alien Invasion Scenario

science fiction literature and film we're often shown scenarios where an unknown and largely enigmatic alien race descends from the heavens in order to wreak havoc on the Earth for various reasons. Of course it's generally understood that an invading alien force would utilize superior technology and presumably vastly more organized and efficient social infrastructure to destroy anything that stands in their path. And so when the topic of repelling a theoretical attack comes up, it's often met with general anxiety and despair. But would it really be impossible to win this proverbial war of the worlds?

Source

Now to me this seems like his has some very good points in it yes some are a little far fetched,but i agree with a large amount of it,and the basic ideas, like the aliens true intentions for doing it.
I cant wait to see what you guys think of this op

And please dont be close-minded and abusive its not nice.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by True-seer]

MOD EDIT:

(This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on April 27th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by True-seer]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Of course it's generally understood that an invading alien force would utilize superior technology and presumably vastly more organized and efficient social infrastructure to destroy anything that stands in their path.

Kinda says it all how could we win
Still nice post

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

It doesnt matter how advanced a alien race is or thier technology everyone has a weakness, it just takes time finding it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

True but again same will go for them they may have our weakness and it would be to late for us to do anything either way nice post

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

They may not bother, they may think it doesnt matter because they are sooo mcuh more advanced and that has always been the downfall of people in power.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Many presumed advance technology will win wars. They are wrong. Machines do not win wars. It is people that wins it.

Properly motivated, no machine can beat the 'david' determine to survive or to protect his love ones. It is hardwired into us. No matter the odds, just look at our forefathers.

They may had been beaten, but they never stay down for long. Not even slaves, espacially slaves.

Therefore, machines is not enough to win wars. They better wipe out the entire human race, everyone of them or one day, the tables will surely turn.

To wipe us out, it will not be machines, but rather viruses. There is no way to fight against internal microscopic forces that creaps inside our system, either disabling it or changing it. Biological warfare is the only to win the war against humanity.

However, biological warfare can be used by both sides.

1. We humans have home ground advantage. ETs will have to travel light year distances to reach us, and they would be discovered once our satellites pick them up.

If they are of ill intentions and declare war, our airforce and sams will be enough to destroy any probes despatched to Earth at the atmosphere levels.

2. Our planet is quite big, and if the ETs wishes to release biological contaminants at the atmosphere levels, they will not have enough of a big fleet to cover the entire Earth. Whatever that is on the air can be shot down by our missiles.

3. Our Health organisations are advance enough to trace for any biological contaminants if it somehow manage to penetrate through humans. There are 6 billion people and it is impossible for the ETs to kill everyone in one single moment.

Mankind would be able to discover the vaccine and vaccinate all that is left, and take the fight back to the ETs. Whatever machines they may render faulty, we can replace it in swift time.

4. The ETs may control Space, but mankind will still control Earth and its resources. At some point, the ETs resources will run out and will need to come to Earth to replenish. And that's where mankind will wipe them out, everyone of them, with everything we have.

But all these are moot. There is no indication of ETs being friendly or unfriendly. If they are friendly, I am sure the red carpet will be rolled out. But if they are unfriendly, mankind is prepared to play the game to its bitter end.

So there's nothing to fear or the need for any fear/war mongering.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

If an extraterrestrial invading force was advanced enough to plan an interstellar campaign of conquest and then actually put planning into practice and haul a military force across an incomprehensible gulf of space from one star system to another and then be able to wage war on a whole world then I would think that there is going to be nothing we can do about it.

I certainly would not waste any energy in worry or fear because such an event would be over probably before we had realised it had begun.

Our weapons systems and our command and control systems, our infrastructure from military to social and political would be nothing at all compared to what could be hurled our way. I think nuclear weapons and state of the art laser systems would be rock and sticks in comparison to what is probably used out there in the wider cosmos if warfare between worlds and a culture of a predatory universe has any basis in truth - and I hope it does not.

I prefer to hope that war as we know and admire it is an aberration that is confined to the human consciousness only.

Of course the only extraterrestrials invaders I am a little worried about are the ones our own government might yank out of a hat to send against us but only because I think such an event might be the end of everything that today consider an illusion of freedom.

If this happens than I am under no illusions that it would be the thin end of a very thick wedge.

However for arguments sake I would think that if a real extraterrestrial invasion was to take place as in the OP then I would think that it would be so swift and so perfectly executed that we would in all likelihood never even get the chance to utter an expletive let alone raise a projectile weapon.

An invasion of such proportions would be a strange dilemma to find one’s self in after the dust had settled and breathing was still an option. I think choices left to those able to choose would be as black as deciding whether one should fight for Alfred the great or side with William the conqueror, realising that it is slavery and bondage either way.

An alien invader might want to use us as a labour force or use us as a food source but in a strange way this actually seems more honest than pretending to be our friend while smiling at us and on one hand come up with sickly nothings.

“He died for freedom, we thank him for his service and his sacrifice will never be forgotten” are what we hear or read today from so called humans with power.

These "people" tax us off our toil and terrify us with nonsense about wars on terror and then hypocritically divest us of our freedoms while also informing us that power is ours via our votes and our adherence to the status quo. Lies and cynical words from cynical minds.

Happily I do not think an Alien conquering army is at all likely but of course I could see very clearly why a human government might want us to worry about such things because such a fear would play right along with a hidden agenda that involves total control and greater reductions of our freedoms.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Thanks i`m getting some interesting feedback on this and i must say i`m fascinated.

Starred.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I wish I shared your confidence...SeekerofTruth

For me, it would be ALL about their motivation. If you understand what they are here for (they had to come here for SOMETHING), then you can use that aim against them...

Without a specific scenario, there can be no "one size fits all" solution to an alien invasion...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thier is soo many motivations they could have though.

For our resources,
Just for the fun of wiping up out,
Wanting to help us,
them wanting help from us.

The list goes on

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Whatever their motivation doesn't really matter....if they want something we've got, they will be technologically advanced enough to take it without us being able to do a thing about it!

Want our mineral resources?....why bother with us when there is a whole solar system to mine first.

Want Water?....burn Hydrogen, the most abundant element in the universe.

Want slaves?.....then take them...the only way to stop them is by removing the resource, i.e. obliterating ourselves...not the best strategy!

Want land?......well if they want to keep the atmosphere then just move a large enough celestial body to completely block the suns radiation from us and let the cold do the rest.....and if they've travelled this far, doing that should be easy.

Or maybe they just want a fight?......then we may have a chance....if it's a fair fight....but don't count on it!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by uptheirons!

It ceases to surprise me of the thought that goes into some of ATS members comments.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You may have just stumbled upon the key to why we HAVEN'T been invaded yet...

i.e., there is simply no reason to...

In our history, war has always been a battle over resources (even if other reasons were given, the underlying reason has always been resources, even if in the name of religion)...

With the Universe open to you...resources are pretty infinite...so it almost necessitates aliens to be non-conquest oriented....UNLESS, you go with Hawking's idea of a "locust" like race bent on consuming resources as they go...(in which case, we'd be screwed, barring a biological agent that hurt them, not us...) And even then, they'd just wear sealed suits...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes but, were i do agree with you i must point out that thier may not be an awful lol of hospitable planets out thier and they may just want land.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree....don't worry about hostile ET's until you start seeing the rest of the solar system dissappearing...by when it's probably too late....

...Von Neumann probes anyone?....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by uptheirons!

Well i believe we've either already been visited by aliens or that the goverment made up the roswell incident to scare the russians into not attacking.

But i'm guessing we will never know. or will we

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
guerilla warfare, snipers, stealth bombers, rpgs,
and tech that isnt run by computers because they could probably easily hack that, oh and biological warfare

but if they wanted to wipe us out they would have a long time ago wouldnt they?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

I'm guessing that they would have and i was watching that new program on the history channel and basically what they said was that extraterrestrials had already visited earth and gave them technology, and that pyramids had 2 chamers at each side that could be filled in each side when they mix meets in middle it would creat hydrogen then be forced up and could be shot like a beam of energy thru a cavity into space.

Maybe the mayans met ET's and thats what the calender is for the date at which they will return.

No idea just alot of theories on my end.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Classic invasion? It's not too hard until the end.

You have to remember to aim for where they are going to be, not where they are.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Classic invasion? It's not too hard until the end.

You have to remember to aim for where they are going to be, not where they are.

LOL!!!!!!!!!
dont forget your special rush mix tape! lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join