It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian carbon tax dumped until 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Australian carbon tax dumped until 2013

www.thea ustralian.com.au

KEVIN Rudd has delayed the government's carbon pollution reduction scheme until the end of 2012, backing away from his biggest election promise. The Prime Minister said that by 2012, when the current Kyoto deal expires, governments around the world would need to make clear their new carbon reduction commitments. “That will provide the Australian government at the time with a better position to assess the level of global action on climate change,” he said. Mr Rudd cited the opposition decision not to support an ETS and the slow global progress on a climate change response as key reasons
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Joe Kelly
April 27, 2010 2:55PM
This exemplifies the stance on the global ETS (emissions trading scheme) position in that what most ATSers will say is a scam and a fraud in which people of influence are prospering off.

The reason that this has been shelved is because business leaders (who control and influence the Australian government) have expressed concerns over unilaterally adopting a new tax on businesses while Asian competitors go about their business unfettered, which , in turn creates unfair competition.

I have nothing against cleaner air, but I am concerned that the only institutions that will make money off this scheme is the banks - in the form of margins on carbon units bought and sold and the establishment figureheads such as al-gore and TPTB.

For any fence sitters out there please watch the great global warming swindle to see wy the science is a fraud.

Google Video Link

for any one else, out there who's already sees global warming swindle then watch Monckton's speech.

this is the reason why you have uncorrupted politicians who are not accepting the "science is settled" view.

For anyone asking "well, what is the solution then magzoid" watch this - The Race to Zero point (which will invalidate the climate change people, the oil companies, the politicians and eventually, the banks and TPTB)

Peace and prosperity to all.

www.thea ustralian.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I think the plan was pretty bad to begin with, but atleast it was a plan. I think its really pathetic that big-business and the incestuous relationship it has with the government has prevented the world on a whole from taking action. We've known about climate change for nearly 50 years.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Good, I hope they completely abolish the idea.

A carbon tax would be the end of ultimate government joke that got told so many times, the only thing they don't tax yet are the sun and the air.

I don't need to be taxed for the facts that I am living and breathing.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
My big problem with it is that it will not even really affect businesses who will just pass the cost down to consumers to protect their profits. This is in itself in the designs of the plan laid out by K.rud. The government openly admits this, in the hopes of getting business behind it with their profits intact. It is just the Australian government further stranging the life and money out of this nation. Also could it just be on hold because now he is busy trying to copycat America with un-needed health reform.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
If we just nationalised all our minerals and mines. We would have trillions of dollars by now. We would probably be driving around in cars driven by our own sense of self-satisfaction.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Will be interesting to see the response of Environmental Activists to this announcement. A lot of people voted for Rudd with the knowledge that he was going to take decisive action on the "Climate Change" issue.

Although, I think "decisive" and "action" are two words that Kevin would have as much trouble defining in Mandarin than he would in English.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

top topics

join