It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SF Calls for Arizona Boycott

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

SF Calls for Arizona Boycott

www.nbcbayarea.com

City attorney urges businesses to take a stand against AZ law

Arizona's new anti-illegal immigration law is sparking outrage across the country and now, San Francisco's city attorney is urging policymakers and businesses to take a stand against the controversial legislation and send the state a message.

San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera on Monday called for a sweeping boycott of the state of Arizona and Arizona-based businesses.

Herrera, himself the son an immigrant from Latin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Here is what the failure of the federal government has brought us to. On state acting against another. This is going to boil until something happens and when it does happen it will not be pretty.

Cool heads need to prevail here and these folks need to go home. I doubt that any boycott by San Francisco will amount to much - perhaps San Francisco should leverage their sanctuary city status and invite them all north? California certainly has the financial swat to deal with them.

www.nbcbayarea.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
dont know about u folks
but I think this city attorney
needs to shut up and mind his own
state's problems.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sounds perfectly fine to me. California should boycott things coming from Arizona.
First we'll start with the illegal immigrants.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I would not give much weight to this. San Francisco Bay Area politicians love to pass non-binding resolutions denouncing everything and everyone under the sun.

I remember the city of Berkeley found a reason to boycott each and every oil company. It got to the point where the city could not fuel its vehicles without violating a boycott because every single oil company in America did something at some point in time to warrant a boycott.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Here is what the failure of the federal government has brought us to. On state acting against another. This is going to boil until something happens and when it does happen it will not be pretty.

I couldn't agree more Dolphinfan! The illigal immigration problem has to stop and should have stopped a long time ago. I'm hoping that other states will do something as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm proud, PROUD, that this fine citizen, a person holding a position of trust in his state government stood up and voiced his opinion about the AZ law.

Because, you know, there are NO problems in San Francisco, or CA for that matter, that need his attention.

Dude might as well go out and buy himself some clownshoes.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Boohoo. SF is gonna boycott our state because we've decided to stop waiting for the corrupt federal government to do their job. Oh well. It's hilarious to hear the president of our nation, calling efforts to enforce existing federal laws as "misguided". It's "misguided" to make any real effort to stop our city being #2 in the world for ransom kidnappings, and I think we're #1 for home invasions and probably car theft as well. SF can go F themselves.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
dont know about u folks
but I think this city attorney
needs to shut up and mind his own
state's problems.

couldnt agree any more.

as a resident of california, im ashamed this guy has a functioning larynx. he needs to shut his mouth before we boycott his useless city.

california should pass a similar law.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

SF is a Sanctuary city _javascript:icon('
') Lets Boycott them instead.
SAN FRANCISCO -- The city of San Francisco is partially responsible for the fatal shooting of a father and his two sons by a gang member who was shielded from deportation by the city's "extreme" immigration sanctuary policy, the slain family's attorney said in a claim filed Friday.

Tony Bologna, 48, and his two sons, 20-year-old Michael and 16-year-old Matthew, were gunned down at an intersection in June. Police arrested Edwin Ramos, a native of El Salvador, who they say mistook the Bolognas for rival gang members.

Ramos has been charged with three counts of murder and is awaiting trial. He has pleaded not guilty.

The claim states that the city knew Ramos was a member of Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, with a violent past, but failed to report him as required by federal law to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ca has boycotted AZ before over their stance on MLK day in the 90's, it cost arizona an estimated 350 mil, and the super bowl so its not an empty threat if CA goes through with it it will hurt them, and with the economy the way it is this could be very bad for Az.

I do have one question here, how many of us on ATS would not submit to an illegal search by the cops, I know myself if I have done nothing wrong I feel no need to submit to any questioning by the cops, Legally I don't even have to speak to a cop if I have done nothing illegal, so how many citizens are now going to have to submit to interaction with cops when they have done nothing wrong?

I got a hankering to go wonder around AZ near the boarder in a poncho and sombrero eating a burrito with no id on me, just to see what happens.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by benrl]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Apparently so is Denver Public Schools......

www.thedenverchannel.com...

top topics

join