It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote Liberal Democrats 2010

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'll be voting LibDems
Norman Baker my local MP went after this shower of * in power over the Dr David Kelly killing.. and he does give a toss about us locals over party politics..

And just incase I see another Obama reference, I'm not sure how close Clegg et al is to Obama, but locally those who vote libdem also tend to blow up bits of public tech, fly skull and cross bone flags and behave in a very un PC like way.. so not sure how my local LibDems are like the US democrats..

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlueButterfly

Continually repeating political propaganda sound bites, will not make people warm to your views you know.

If everyone voted Lib Dem (which is NOT the same in the UK as it may be in the US by the way), We would have a Lib Dem government, not another crappy Labour government. People moan about the same old corrupt political parties, they moan louder when the same old corrupt parties get into power, but previously they had still voted for the same old corrupt political parties!

I've heard of thick as two short planks before, but how can people moan, when they are not willing to make a real change for the better.

The real truth of the matter is that Nick Clegg has both Labour and Conservative on the ropes, and is ripping chunks out of both the party's figureheads and their wishy-washy policies, and they are scared.

They were so short sighted as per usual, they didn't even see it coming.

They see it now of course, that's why the MSM attack dogs are on the loose, and we are seeing propaganda such as yours popping up, repeatedly.

I'll be voting Lib Dem, as usual. If we'd all done it a couple of parliaments ago, our young men and women in our fantastic services wouldn't be being slaughtered in the deserts and wastes of Iraq and Afghanistan, to prop up the arms and fuel industries, based on criminal lies.

The time for change really is now. The time to show the arrogant arsewipes of the old parties, we are not standing for their lies and thievery any longer, is now.

Vote Liberal Democrat. Vote for an honest and fairer party, and an honest and fairer Great Britain.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

They are not sound bites but facts... The facts are that Lib Dem have no chance of winning out right... They will be king makers in a hung parliament... Fact..... Another fact is that whilst all the bickering goes on in a hung parliament, our economy will worsen, markets will drop because of the political instability......

I am not here for a popularity contest and couldnt care less whether people warm to me or not, but what troubles me is how that comment of "popularity" is soo much more ingrained into the nations psyche than whether or not they can do the job and whats best for the country.... None of the parties can... They proved it...

Time for a change indeed... Get rid of them all...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
No thanks.

Trident is just one of many clear failings on the part of the LD's. Britain does not need more wishy washy goverment which the liberal democrats would bring.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If you VOTE Nick Clegg, you vote Rothchild! if you vote David Cameron, you vote Rothchild, if you vote Gordon Brown you voye Rothchild. The political system in the UK is owed by Rothchild and his £300 trillion,

The MSM in the Uk have turned this very serious juncture in our history into a crass X-Factor type show, there are other parties out there but the MSM are promoting that we only one choice in three,

These insidiuos self preening puppet are not going to improve living, the economy our world standing unless Rothchild allows it,

However we can make a real positive change and everybody and that includes those that say it doesn't matter if you do vote, nothing changes! well if people keep voting for the chosen Rothchild three and there will never be change.

I believe the for the first time, people have finally woken up to what's going on around them and they really want change, they don't want material luxuries, they want to keep there family provided for, food on the table, clothing on their backs, shoes on their feet and the way we can in my opinion genuinely create change is everybody vote, and vote for anybody but Rothchild's dream team,

That way Parliament will be truly hung and every town, village, county will have genuine voices creating the Utopia that this great nation once was and can be again,

But we have to kick out the lying, self promoting insidious shills that have continually screwed us for every thing we have had.

MAKE A CHANGE: VOTE ANYBODY EXCEPT THE CHOSEN THREE, we do have a choice.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Well we have the Democratic party, which is generally full of Liberals. You see for some reason here in the states they don't like labeling both as one party, so you can be a liberal democrat or a liberal republican or liberal independent. Same thing goes for conservatives. I like that in Britian you guys actually call your politicians and parties what they are, liberals or conservatives. As you know, here in the states we have to cater to all the little guys who scream "Don't label me a liberal!!" even though they vote along liberal lines and have a liberal political view. Same for conservatives.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it seems "political correctness" is championed here in the states over actual politics. It's really a shame.

I remember last time I was in Nottingham, pounding a few back with some blokes at the Revolution vodka bar, and they were laughing their heads off at us "Yanks" and how our politicians act like a group of chimps at the zoo. Funniest part was i couldn't argue with them, so I just drank more!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

Well It was more of a Rhetorical question really, I know you don't have a party called The Liberal Democrats... which was my point really.
I'm aware you guys have two main parties The Republicans or GOP... and The Democrats.

We have 3 main Parties; Labour, The Conservatives and The Liberal Democrats.
And within each of those parties you can have both liberal and conservative minded people.... and there are also lots of smaller parties too and many independent candidates.

Being liberal doesn't mean you'd be a Lib-Dem, and Being a Conservative person doesn't mean you'd have to join the Conservative party.

Our parties are loosely (nowadays anyway) named after what they represent, With labour, in the past anyway, representing the working classes and being funded by the Unions.

It was just when you said

Originally posted by Mikemp44
PHEW!!!!!!!!!

I thought you were garnering support for the liberal Democrooks here in the states for the 2010 congresssional elections. Almost had a heart attack!

It confused me, As far as I'm aware, you don't have a party named that so I just found it odd that you would comment as if there a party with that name.

[edit on 27/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kushin

That way Parliament will be truly hung and every town, village, county will have genuine voices creating the Utopia that this great nation once was and can be again,

First of all I would like to say that I do admire your spirit and the sentiments you expressed.

But how will a hung parliament guarantee true parliamentary representation?

How about aboloshing the party political system all together, increased use of referendum's on both local and national issues, the power of recall and fixed term of office.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I dont agree with much that any of the big 3 say, but the next govt will definitely be formed by some combination of them. The LibDems have 2 main plusses imo: Electoral Reform & Vince Cable.
Without electoral reform we will never get out of this back & forth swing between failed ideologies. To understand why Vince Cable is right, we need to consider what The Market actually is.
Is it a bunch of people who can afford to set up businesses to provide goods & services? This is the Tory view, thus they will cut tax for the rich, but what happens if people dont have money to buy those goods etc? The investment doesn't get made, instead the money goes into safe investments.
The Labour view is that keeping up with public sector spending keeps money in the market, supporting the potential for growth, making entrepreneurial investment more attractive. This would require continued high borrowing, or radical cuts in some govt projects.
The LibDems view is that cutting tax for everyone puts more money into the market, for the same reasons as Labour. In reality, Vince Cable's plan is the most fiscally conservative (small C) & at the same time the most progressive, since the benefit would be felt more by the poorest, as a proportion of their income.
If the Tories get in, mark my words you young whipper snappers
there'll be a massive crime wave, just like last time, whilst we wait for their much vaunted & mythical "trickle down effect" &, when it doesn't appear, just like last time, the response will be massive underinvestment in health, education & other infrastructure... just like last time.
Personally I'm hoping for a hung parliament as the only way these 2 crucial policies will have a chance, so I'm voting LibDem.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As to the idea that a hung parliament would destroy the economy, there is no evidence this would happen. In fact just the opposite. Germany has been Europe's strongest economy for decades under coalition government. In the 70s, Britain was in financial crisis: we had to go to the IMF. It was the Lib/Lab pact that ended the need for more bailouts.
There may well be a fluctuation at 1st, but the reason that the global market will continue to see the UK as an attractive investment is because there are 61 million of us in a pretty small space. 61 million who are, by global standards, affluent. This makes manufacturing for domestic consumption or export to Europe attractive.
2 projects that spring to mind are this new electric car plant in the north east & the development of Norwegian gas & a pipeline to the UK, which has & will continue to provide UK jobs.
Worth noting, for those still living in the days of empire, that neither of these would have happened without close cooperation with Europe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join