It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote Liberal Democrats 2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

We propose to raise the threshold at which people start paying income tax from current levels to £10,000, cutting the average working age person’s income tax bill by £700 and cutting pensioner’s income tax bills by £100. These plans will mean that almost 4 million people on low incomes will no longer have to pay any income tax at all.

Cutting down class sizes, creating catchup classes for secondry school children

Liberal Democrats will drive a massive programme of investment in renewable energy sources such as wind, wave and solar. We will also transform the National Grid into a smart decentralised grid which will respond dynamically to the changing patterns of energy demand.

You get the ability to sack corrupt MP's

Membership of the EU remains vital if Britain is to reap the benefits of globalisation, but face its challenges with confidence. Britain has much greater influence on the world stage when it works within a strong Europe.

Britain must lead in Europe, not snipe from the sidelines like the Conservatives would wish.

May 6th vote liberal democrats

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I'm in.

Definitely a 2nd line.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I don't think so.... No way!!

This is political trolling

MODS take note

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlueButterfly

Well, it's nice we can choose and politely disagree.

How is the OP trolling?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
In the states, 06 and 08, we voted liberal democrat. They have been awesome. Real trustworthy and stand up for the common man. We even got an awesome healthcare deal out of it. We are still waiting for a few more things to happen like the ending of lobbyists as promised and gitmo closed but hey, you gotta take baby steps. Yea don't waste your time on an independent candidate, they always fail to deliver the goods.

I can't believe the Dems are trying to take over another country. Good luck to UK.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by ventian]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

It is not for the OP to troll for votes on this site... I am sure its against t & C's but what the hey its a free country.....

Anyway... I wont be voting for clegg... Vote him and get labour.... No thanks...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
And another reason why I admire this man, is that only did he stand up for his view against Trident....but he's introducing smaller classes.

Yaaay xD

And that your covered if you commit suicide

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

And there wasn't like a 1000 vote Mcain and Obama threads?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Tridents are useless, Britain is not a real target for a Nuclear War.
I wonder what Clegg means when he says "Cheaper alternatives" Hopefully spend the money on improving frontline equipment.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Dont know, I havent been here long enough... Doesnt seem right though somehow...

But its a free country

If you want another 5 years of labour then vote lib dem

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

However If you want to give tax breaks to the richest few people in the country and vote for a party that will drag us backwards and not forwards, then vote for the Tories!!

[edit on 26/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think you Brits oughta take a lesson from America, and realize the game is largely rigged. Vote in independents. Screw partisan politics.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I know... So what do you propose??... Our votes are wasted either way you look at it... Vote tory.. Get a bunch of toffs... Vote Labour.. Get a bunch of lying, self seeking assoles... Vote lib dem... Get labour again...

We deserve better.... A TRUE change would be to do away with the whole system all together... That won't happen anytime soo.... All we will get is a hung parliament where there will be nothing but squabbles and nothing gets done... Then it will be back to the polls....

But something needs to be done....

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
All the top parties are the same disease!!

Vote for good old "George Galloway" and the "RESPECT Party

The Respect Party is opposed to war, privatisation and unemployment.

The Respect Party stands for peace, publicly owned services and a decent future for all.

We want a world in which the democratic demands of the people are carried out; a world based on need not profit; a world where solidarity rather than self-interest is the spirit of the age

We want to reach out to all those who share our views, to build a new party for change in the interests of ordinary people.

Watch this to see what this guy is all about and to see the Newsreader get totally and utterly REAMED!!!!!!!-

www.therespectparty.net...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

However If you want to give tax breaks to the richest few people in the country and vote for a party that will drag us backwards and not forwards, the vote for the Tories!!

The Robin Hood Tax.

Man, that's some idea. Probably one of the best taxes I've seen in my life

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The Robin Hood Tax

That would get MY vote

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
PHEW!!!!!!!!!

I thought you were garnering support for the liberal Democrooks here in the states for the 2010 congresssional elections. Almost had a heart attack!

From what I have been following on the BBC it seems Clegg is Britians version of Obama. While I have no opinion in British politics (Iam simply not well informed enough nor involved to formulate one) I will suggest you guys take a hard look at what the liberal dems have done here in the states.

i can say this though, being an economics major, globalization is the WORST thing we can do next to a global Empire, complete with Emperor.

Queue the 40k music!!!!

We are the Imperial Guard. We die standing. For the Emperor!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I know, I agree.... It's a shame we have such a bunch of self-serving, greedy, corrupt and lying bastards.
It would be nice to have a complete change and an overhaul of the system.

I can't vote Tories, Just can't do it.... they've screwed us totally in terms of industry and so on and they're a bunch of Toffs....

Labour are lying assholes... They promised an EU referendum and then just changed it and said "It's not the same thing now so you don't get to vote"
Plus we're in worse shape than we've been for a while and it's not only the Financial crisis, It's Labours piss-poor management of our finances and country as a whole.

Lib-Dems need a massive amount of votes to get total control, I think it's 44% right?
Would be nice to think people want a change and people will just vote them in because they want to send a message to the two main parties and because voters want a reform of the voting system.... but can't see it happening.

It'll be Tories or labour.... maybe a Hung Parliament...

But in all honesty, things aren't gonna get better for a long time, we're in massive debt and that isn't going to change for decades, no matter who gets in.

We're ****ed either way basically. :shk:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

Do you even have a party called The Liberal Democrats in America?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

HA.... you know it my friend.

This is the idea that myself and Black poison came up with recently, The Robin Hood tax... and we want it rolled out ASAP

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join