It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just received this response email from Grant Gartrell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Gartrell wrote

I have prepared the following response to a situation I knew nothing about until I heard your message a few hours ago. I appreciate the call.

The email he sent to prophecykeeper looks like a cut and paste of the one he sent me, which I posted to start this thread. I am guessing that over the next couple of days Gartrell will be contacting more people to clear his name.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes, I guess he will. If it was me, I'd be livid about something that could damage my professional credentials. Good on him for making the effort to finally put this nonsense to rest.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
"I returned home from a week away caving"

What was he doing caving? Looking for a place to hide?

Just because somone posts an email doesn't prove the email is real.

*shakes head* i used to explore caves in Spain a lot with friends, its a hobby, just like camping and hiking. Its quite an experience being surrounded by rock and having to crawl once in a while in all fours through small holes to completly explore a cave.

BTW what gives out that AB's posts are a hoax is not mainly due to the post from "the monitors." If you follow his first few posts you see clues to the hoax.

I doubt completly that we are going to be hit in June or July by anything as the hoax from AB claims, there is just not enough reliable evidence to support this claim.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It's a possibility that all the military movement is because of the "summer terrorist threat" I am reading in the news that there is a serious threat of terroritst attacks in several major cities...this could be the logical reason.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I am sooooooooo going to be looking for you come the end of this month energy_wave, and a few others, to explain how this crap has/had grown to the proportions it has with little to NO factual backing and amounted to total hogwash and continuing to see you and others preach and respond as if it is and was entirely going to happen.....

Be factually prepared to respond or maybe be prepared to hide.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Information attributed to NASA, including an Asteroids Impact Chart for June...

img78.photobucket.com...

This Chart refers to 3 Asteroids expected to impact Earth in June... They appear to be:

2004 KH17
2004 KG17
2004 KF17

However, there exists some confusion with the dates, as per the following table, which I cannot explain:

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

2004 KH17 2004-Jun-06 0.0635 24.7 120 m - 270 m 13.02
2004 KG17 2004-May-28 0.0131 5.1 11 m - 24 m 4.55
2004 KF17 2004-May-31 0.0047 1.8 21 m - 48 m 11.40

It's clear that the one to worry about is 2004 KH17 with an estimated Diameter of 120/270 meters, "scheduled" to splash in the middle of the Pacific and that 2004 KG17 may already have "landed"...

It may be that the warships are out there trying to shoot these Asteroids to pieces - assuming it's feasible - before they do too much damage, as a number of smaller splashes should be preferable to a large Tsunami generating one...

The NASA map link, assuming it really comes from NASA was found on another Message Board. I disagreed with the interpretation, so I substituted 2004 KG17 for 2004 KE17, as it seemed to be a more plausible explanation... However, for the sake of clarity, here is the "inspiring" link:

www.godlikeproductions.com.../4/04

Nevertheless, it seems that the Asteroids situation is going to get more lively, as the year wears on and the Solar system enters a more active and "hotter" portion of space, bearing in mind the lack of accurate knowledge of the so-called "experts", leading to potential last minutes surprises....

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Information attributed to NASA, including an Asteroids Impact Chart for June...

Looks photoshopped to me...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It is my opinion that there are only two asteroids to be concerned about - the first is Itokawa - a NEA of 450m to 1km and has a fly by date of 26 June 2004; but for my money if there is going to be a hit this year it will be the chaotic Toutatis in September 29, 2004. Toutatis is about 2.9 miles long and 1.5 miles wide

www.space.com...

But then again maybe none of them will hit. As far as I know these are the only two with potential both in size and that will be NEAs

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Solace...
According to the link to the NEO Earth Close Approach Tables for NEO (near earth objects--which implies near earth, not impacts), you comment that that KH17 will or has impacted already?

I beg to differ. If one looks at the chart, again, so provided from your link, KH17 is listed:

2004 KH17 2004-Jun-06 0.0635 24.7 120 m - 260 m 13.01

and listed under the UPCOMING CLOSE APPROACHES TO EARTH. As such, how are you gathering the information to back your assertion that "UPCOMING CLOSE APPROACHES TO EARTH" objects indicate an impending impact or as you mentioned (quoted below this)?

as quoted by Solace
It's clear that the one to worry about is 2004 KH17 with an estimated Diameter of 120/270 meters, "scheduled" to splash in the middle of the Pacific...

Also, NEO.JPL.NASA has a Current Impact Risks page, here:
Current Impact Risks, for some reason...let me guess, eh
, it is not showing any of the three that you mention in your post. Interesting, eh?

Found this useful site....no mention of June 2004 impacts:
Consolidated Risk Tables
for objects under recent observation & active risk analysis

And again, this link may be very informative to many here:
NEODYS: Near Earth Objects-Dynamic Site

seekerof

[edit on 5-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravriderX
Looks photoshopped to me...

Extremely

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

I am sooooooooo going to be looking for you come the end of this month energy_wave, and a few others, to explain how this crap has/had grown to the proportions it has with little to NO factual backing and amounted to total hogwash and continuing to see you and others preach and respond as if it is and was entirely going to happen.....

Be factually prepared to respond or maybe be prepared to hide.

seekerof

Here is another tid bit seekerof... Cuba's Exercise Meteor 2004

Exercise Meteor 2004 fulfilled its expectations

www.adelante.cu...

I can't prove something is coming out in space but the actions of every other country with ocean front is disturbingly a tell tail sign of something about to happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Let me see energy_wave...
Your using the name for an exercise, Execise Meteor 2004, to somewhat justify why this entire planet is supposedly going to be hit by three asteroids/meteors later this month as PROOF? Huh?

From your article:

During the maneuvers by the effects of a hurricane of great intensity, were shown the preventive measures and of action, as it rescues and of people and protection of animals and resources. The occasion was used for the cleaning of ditches for the case of strong rains.

You are also aware that it is hurricane season?

Just a bit further reading and this:

Colonel Luis Lopez Amigo, representative of the Ministry of the Armed Forces (Defense) to observe the exercise, said that Meteor 2004 fulfilled its objectives in Camag�ey, where also were contemplated the plans to face the drought that whips to the province.

energy_wave....sorry dude, but I'm not seeing the same correlations that you are other than a name. Other than coincedence, are you implying that this exercise name is indicating more than what is mentioned in the article? If so, care to provide said factual reasonings for this?

seekerof

[edit on 5-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have stated that I could not reconciliate part of the Data shown in the Tables with the NASA map and I quote...

"However, there exists some confusion with the dates, as per the following table, which I cannot explain:

neo.jpl.nasa.gov..."

The reason I posted the NASA map link is that it appears to be a genuine item marked "Classified" with coordinates of 3 objects that can be crossed checked in other published Tables, as to their existence. It seems that the document may have been scanned and posted by someone who had an interest in it becoming public, but I have no idea to what extent it may have been manipulated in the process. However, I felt it was interesting enough to look at and discuss one way or another...

I have read material that implies that the US Government would NOT disclose to the public the expected arrival of such objects to avoid panic and potential economic/financial collapse. In addition, Asteroids data is not that accurate and anticipated impact may NOT even occur...

I have seen enough systematic Administration LIES in the recent past on other subjects, that I would not put it past it to fudge whatever evidence is available - including the relevant Tables, in this case - to maintain the Status Quo for a while longer, hence the potential discrepancy with the dates...

Again, the "Evidence" provided is offered, NOT as a statement of fact, BUT as a subject worth discussing: where there is Smoke, there may indeed be Fire....

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is getting out of hand. What will you people do when nothing happens? And... nothing will happen. You're getting all worked up, over what is a combination of: 1) A hoax 2) Bad data 3) Typical end-times paranoid speculation Well-respected senior members of this website, who you have trusted in the past, have repeatedly said this entire meteor/dust-cloud situation will not happen, and nothing remotely like it will happen. So what will you do when all is quiet?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
[So what will you do when all is quiet?

Maybe they should leave. That would be a positive change.

Back to spirited factual discussion.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
[edit on 20-10-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
June 3 Tau Herculids: Radiant--near Corona Borealis. About a month long, 15 per hour max, most quite faint.

June 5 Scorpiids: Radiant--near Ophiuchus. 20 per hour with some fireballs.

June 7 Arietids: About 30 per hour. Slow moving with some fireballs.

June 13 Ophiuchids: Radiant-- near Scorpius. Only 3 per hour but fast moving bolides are common. Duration--25 days

June 16 June Lyrids: Radiant--near Vega. Another part of May Lyrid meteor stream. 15 per hour, faint blue meteors.

June 20 Ophiuchids: Radiant-- near Sagitarrius. Rate varies from 8 to 20, with occaisionally many more.

June 30 June Draconids: Radiant--near handle of Big Dipper. Rate varies from 10 to 100 per hour. Pons-Winnecke Comet is parent.

I sure that these are going to be used as PROOF that AB was right. Most people don't pay any attention to the sky, but with everyone watching there's sure to be lots of reports coming in.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I can't believe anyone is still taking this seriously - it's a proven hoax and Gartrell himself has come out and said that he isn't Aussie Bloke and has no connection to him. What will it take to convince people that this is not happening!

Furthermore, if you look at the Washington meteor video clip, the bright flash is not a nuclear detonation it is clearly lens flare from the street light in the foreground as the camera swings round (as someone on GLP rightly identified).

Also, a high altitude nuke detonation would have knocked out all radio communications on the ground over a very wide area.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
People, people. Please get a grip and accept that noone is going to convince anyone of anything until the date has passed. Though to me, it's pretty obvious AU is a huge hoax I'm not going to bang my head against the wall convincing people believing in AU otherwize. It's just no point - why believe in me, really? Fact is, most of us don't have enough knowledge about this to make a rock solid argument. I mean, even though I personally believe in this e-mail sent by the real doctor recently; If I want to, I can still make arguments why I shouldn't believe it. The reason this stuff so easily gets started is probably because so many of us are smelling some kind of smoke and want to know where it's coming from. When one has been lied to enough times there's just no trust left and one starts looking for the truth elsewhere. A perfect condition for hoaxers.

The one thing that bothers me the most about this whole thing is something that I think was written somewhere in the AU-guy's original message. It's the thing about when crying wolf enough times noone is going to care. That is very true. And if this is just another example of someone crying wolf, well how are we going to react next time someone comes along with a real warning?

Anyways, most people are just trying to fill in the blanks in this freakin maze of lies and half-truths, so please stop calling eachother ignorant or whatever.

Thanks for your time. Se you all in July.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I can't believe this is still going on, but it seems that against all logic people are still trying to find ways to believe what has been PROVEN to be a hoax.

I will bet you now that someone will say that the death of Ronald Reagan was staged to distract the public and media away from this impending doom.

Or maybe someone has already said that and has posted a link to a site that can prove it??

Gazz

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join