It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just received this response email from Grant Gartrell

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well, it's 8pm here in sunny UK and still no sign of this 'darkness.' I have to say, as a newcomer to ATS, following this story actually had me nervous for a while (being 16 and naive). But it's 8th june and the supposed dust cloud has not yet arrived, so I'm quietly confident

Now, excuse men if I've missed something, or I'm plain stupid, or if I'm adding fuel to the fire, but how would 'Aussie Bloke' know of these incoming objects if they're supposedly hidden in the dust cloud. I know next to nothing about astronomy and I may have missed some of the roots of this story, but an explanation would be gratefully received.

Thanks. Rich

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HobNob
Well, it's 8pm here in sunny UK and still no sign of this 'darkness.'

I gues you're not counting 'night' as darkness...

Now, excuse men if I've missed something, or I'm plain stupid, or if I'm adding fuel to the fire, but how would 'Aussie Bloke' know of these incoming objects if they're supposedly hidden in the dust cloud. I know next to nothing about astronomy and I may have missed some of the roots of this story, but an explanation would be gratefully received.

Thanks. Rich

I don't think it said that they're hidden in the cloud, just that the cloud preceeded them. I don't know....

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
im also following this story, but have to say it's quiet now. were is everyone that we so sure that something would happen??

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As I understand it, AB claimed they had located the objects inside the dust cloud using some kind of radar.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well

I am in Spain and I saw very strange sky today, hazy, the few clouds seems to be very very high but not the normal ones, these ones look different, and more when you see around the sun look weird, I have watch the sky fore ever and I have to admit today look different, like when there is a lot of wind and the dirt are flying around, but today has no wind at all, very strange.

And also hearing strong noises, like turbines of a jet, but I can tell you they are not jets because where I live the airplanes fly over every minute or so, and I can tell the difference, the sound it is more stronger like when hear thunder or something and it seems to come from every where, maybe the people haven't hear the noise because they think it is an airplane, but I tell you is not, when I look for one there is any when I hear the sound, One time happened in the wedding of the prince in 22 of June I was out side the palace when I heard the noise and for me was strange because the air space was close because of the wedding and I was looking for a plane there was none, very strange.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Spain]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well people I'm In New Zealand and its nearly lunchtime 9th June ..... NOTHING unusual is happening!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
thx for the info spain, i am portuguese(your neighbour), and we have see weird atmosferic things too. but don't worry here,,,,some one will tell you always that it's a "weather baloon"!!!... clouds are weird?...its a "baloon",,,,weird noises?...its a "baloon",weird lights?...its a "baloon"...lol...all is always a "baloon"!!!!ho well!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
"Don't you mean comets."

"I" was not saying anything...I took the quote from the article which can be found at the link I provided.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by SimpleMan]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I do know that here in Georgia, the past couple of days the sun has really been a dark red at sunset. I don't mean the obscure color, of a polluted atmosphere, but a strange almost brownish red, mostly red. We have not really had any rain except for a few thunderstorms that pop up once in a while. So thunderstorms would not explain the strange redness of the sun.

I don't know, what about else where?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
LOOOOL!! The space comet is not on the 8th of June, it's the 18th, 20th and 27th!! AFTER the Venus Transit!!!! You won't see bugger all yet in terms of abnormal weather patterns, but you might see busy unsual military/security activity. i don't know if this makes a difference, as it probably doesn't but similarly in South Australia as a few others from other countries mentioned above, we had lots of dark clouds, thunder, and huge lightning lighting up the entire sky. This hasn't occurred for months and to happen on the night of the Venus transit I thought was somewhat spooky and coincidental anyhow.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Another thread about this? When will mod start moving or closing these threads? They seem to do a good job with that.

Watch it. You'll get a warning.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Any of this seem a little familiar to anyone? You can check its veracity on spaceweather.com

"DAYLIGHT METEORS: The strongest daylight meteor shower of the year, the Arietids, is underway. It's happening because Earth is passing through a stream of dusty debris possibly from sungrazing asteroid Icarus. Most Arietid meteors are invisible because the Sun is up when the shower is most intense"

"AURORA WATCH: A coronal mass ejection (CME, movie) blasted away from the Sun on June 7th, and it might be heading for Earth. NOAA forecasters estimate a 5% to 10% chance of strong geomagnetic storms during the next 24 hours; high-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras. "

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It is really dark and cloudy here in Japan. The weather is crazy.....

Oh yeah... ooops, I forgot... It is the rainy season here now. hmmmmm

So, even if the dust cloud takes over, we will never notice.

I am still against the whole thing happening, but the kegs are on standby.

BTW, even if I am wrong, I am sure you will not blame say "That stupid JCMinJapan debunked this and I listened to him!" after the first asteroid hits... I am sure the lines will be screwed up and you cannot even write me a flame mail before the Ice Age sets in.... ha ha

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I have taken several pictures of the sky and there is a difference in the color before and after

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Spain]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's summertime spain. That could be a reason for the color change.

Here, the past two days have been to hazy to see if it's getting hazier....if that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spain I have taken several pictures of the sky and there is a difference in the color before and after
The effect you see might be because of some editting to the RGB color channels. If we take a look at the blue channel, and zoom-in, we see the tell-tale halo of a magic-wand select and color manipulation. One more time... the Aussie Bloke story is a HOAX! [edit on 9-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
May be, but it rained the day before that and the rain can clear the skies is it not?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I did not alter in any way the pictures, only to put them together to compare in Photoimpact, may be what you see as a "halo" is the digital zoom that distorted the picture a little but other than that, the picture are clean if any one want the originals I have them. And they are shot a 640 by 480

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
At what times did you take the pictures?
Were they approx. taken around the same time?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
SO,

I think you're wrong about the magic wand artefact.. This is the blue channel of the date stamps. these would also have to show a magic wand effect, which they don't.

I dont thing the image has been edited. It's just a different shade to the sky because its a different day.. every day is different. The line is just around the object probably reflection aound the hull.

Other that though.. I whole-heartedly agree, Aussie Bloke is a hoax..

EDIT :OK ok now I feel VERY stupid cos the date as OBVIOUSLY added later... Doh!!... either way though, I don't see an wand artefact.. just reflections at the edge of the hull!..

[edit on 9-6-2004 by muppet]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join