It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Mexican Police Officers Killed in Ciudad Juarez

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

7 Mexican Police Officers Killed in Ciudad Juarez

www.nytimes.com

Gunmen ambushed two police vehicles at a busy intersection in this drug- and violence-plagued city, killing seven officers and a 17-year-old boy who was passing by, authorities said.

Elsewhere, police in the Pacific coast state of Guerrero said they found the bodies of five men who had been shot to death lying on a dirt road near the state capital, Chilpancingo. Three of the men were brothers, all in their 20s.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
There was more to add

Hours after the attack, a painted message directed to top federal police commanders and claiming responsibility for the attack appeared on a wall in downtown Ciudad Juarez. It was apparently signed by La Linea gang, the enforcement arm of the Juarez drug cartel. The Juarez cartel has been locked in a bloody turf battle with the Sinaloa cartel, led by Joaquin ''El Chapo'' Guzman.

''This will happen to you ... for being with El Chapo Guzman and to all the dirtbags who support him. Sincerely, La Linea,'' the message read. The authenticity of the message could not be independently verified.

More and more it's seems officials are aligning themselves with El Chapo who slowly but surely takes control of the country

Their nasty not so little war continues to take it's toll unabated.
In the western state of Michoacan late Friday, the mayor of a town arrested last year for alleged ties to drug traffickers was released from prison.

Genaro Guisar Valencia, who was stripped by lawmakers of his post as mayor of Apatzingan because of his arrest, told reporters outside the prison in the state capital of Morelia that he would ask the state's legislature to reverse its decision.

Guisar Valencia was among 12 Mexican mayors arrested last year in an unprecedented roundup of elected officials accused of protecting drug traffickers in Michoacan.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

You know what would be a great idea? How bout, just kill all the criminals in the streets, on sight, and then they wont be around to kill all the cops? Just a thought?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Found a News video to go with this story
In this Video they say it was 8 officers killed
6 federal and 2 local

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

You know what would be a great idea? How bout, just kill all the criminals in the streets, on sight, and then they wont be around to kill all the cops? Just a thought?

Easier said than done...
After all they just gunned down armed officers with no prob...
Just three weeks ago they attacked two army outposts then were bold enough to toss a grenade at a US consulate…
Criminals yes but these are stone cold killer criminals with no remorse whatsoever!

[edit on 24-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
6 federal and 2 local

The video said that there were 8 officers, but only 6 of them were killed.. 5 federal and one local. Not that it really matters, 1 would have been too many.

Sad state of affairs down there.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

Originally posted by DaddyBare
6 federal and 2 local

The video said that there were 8 officers, but only 6 of them were killed.. 5 federal and one local. Not that it really matters, 1 would have been too many.

Sad state of affairs down there.

Sad indeed
the last body count plubished last month said 22,700+ KIA to date due the drug war
surely it has be 28,000 by now...

Little wonder we who live on the border worry about it coming here.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

What I am saying is, that surely there has to be a more effective way of making sure these filthy drug pedaling gits cant even leave a building without them being seen, identified, and shot ? I mean ... cant Mexico apply for a favour from some satelite packing nations ? Get eyes in the sky on 24/7 watch untill they all die, just because they went to the store? I mean why cant Mexico just bite the bullet and have them all assasinated in thier beds?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I lived in Sonora for about 2 years.. a pretty safe state compared to it's neighbors. There were certain states that I would have liked to have visited but I was advised not to. I visited Mexico City twice while I was there and never ventured out without someone familiar with the city.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

I was Juarez last month...
Past three army check points to get were I was going, and three bodies lying in the streets as well...
Trust me when I say I'm not going back...
It's really bad, worse the the media reports

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I know what your saying and frankly they have tried...
but when you get down to brass tacks
''El Chapo'' head of the Sinaloa cartel and billionaire, according to Forbes magazine is at least as powerful as the Mexican president is down there...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I mean why cant Mexico just bite the bullet and have them all assasinated in thier beds?

What a sick way of looking at things you have.

Besides, what would all those relatively wealthier Americans do without their ready supply of drugs? Then again, it wouldn't be long before a hoard of new players entered the scene to supply the goods. As long as there is a market, and money to be made, there will be the supply chain to feed it.

The answer is not in killing a bunch more people, its in stopping the stupid, harmful war on drugs.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

New players?
But we already have a full cast...
Russian and Vietnamese mafia both operate on both sides of the border. (god only knows who else has their hands in that cookie jar)
They too have their little clashes but make no mistake it truly is an international playbill going on down here…

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Good topic OP, I too live close to the border, and am worried about the spillover to the US.
I used to have hunting leases near and right on the border. On both of them, in 1999 and 2000, I observed "mules" at night stealthily making their way through the ranches. Dressed all in black, with balaclava like masks and backpacks, moving in a rectangular formation of around 20 men with gun carriers on the corners, or straight line formation, good separation between them, with a point-man. I was hunting wild boar in the full moon, no lights, both times after 10:00 PM. The first (the rectangular) formation was at around 200 yds distant passing on a road perpendicular to me. The second time they passed right (5 yds) by my blind, with almost no noise, no shuffling, no coughing, no talking. They crossed (vaulted) a gate to the adjacent ranch like pros, without a sound. I was afraid that they would hear my heart pounding as they passed below. I was a sitting duck and hunting alone, which was a rare occasion.

I don't hunt on the border anymore.

Additional topic: that Mayor of Juarez is playing a propaganda game on the video interview. At around 4:13 he says the Assault Weapons ban expiring 9 or 10 years ago (it was 2004) has allowed the criminals to "legally buy" assault weapons in gun stores around the US.
The only thing different about the availability of semi-auto rifles with detachable magazines since the assault weapons ban expired is now you can have the following:
Source Wikipedia

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device which enables the launching or firing of rifle grenades)

Most AK and AR types already had everything but a Grenade launcher and a bayonet lug. And you can't legally purchase grenades except for toys. So it amounts to now these "assault weapons" can have a bayonet lug. Is that what we are seeing in Mexico? Drive-by bayonetings! LOL.
And last I heard, unless you are a US citizen, you can't legally by guns here.
So he and "they" are dragging legal US citizens buying legal weapons into the bloodshed in Mexico debacle. That is a problem for all of us.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

But the cops are just as bad murderers. Look at the history of the place.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hey dude, thanks for keeping us up to date on the cartel situation in Mexico as usual.

I was thinkin the other day, you remember when they were trying to catch escobar; specifically, Los Pepes?

For those that don't, los pepes was basically a group that formed to fight against Paoblo Escobar. The details of the organization were shady, some believe rival drug cartels put up the money for operations/arms, others believe it was all conducted by members of the Search Bloc teams of the national police. I think both theories are right to an extent, and also believe the special forces and other A-team (not mr. T's a team) members sent down as "advisors" from the U.S. basically trained these guys to conduct ultra-violent and relentless operations against Pablo, and anyone he knew or that supported him.

I was wondering what the chances are that this scenario would be effective in Mexico. If you can't get El Chapo or the other Cartel members yourself, start cutting up and brutally murdering everyone the cartel members have ever known. It certainly was effective against Escobar and his cartel, and helped spark the series of events that would eventually lead to Escobar being executed by police on a roof-top.

I'm a peaceful dude, but when dealing with animals like these guys, all that sh# goes right out the window. Let the rifles, shotties and handguns do the peace-making, and sort out the rest after all those cartel bi#es are bloody and limp.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Well you are right about it being propaganda on many levels...
State department Intel already confirmed the Sinaloa cartel has received two cargo ship loads of weapons, one from Venezuela and another from Colombia... Guess no one told him we Americans can’t buy rocket launchers and hand grenades at the local Wal-Mart’s??? So much so the American gun owners to blame

There’s also a lot of evidence that they are masking the real numbers of civilian’s KIA at the start of the year they said 8+ thousand now it's what 22,700 dead and climbing every day??? That could only be hidden by TPTB down there

Here’s the real question...
Is Mexican President Felipe De Jesus CALDERON Hinojosa really in charge down there or is it ''El Chapo''??? if so what will the near future hold for the US???

PS: the Vietnamese mafia has been responsible for several murders here in New Mexico.... for at least a decade now... we know there here…

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

You know you make some good points...
But let me ask...
Knowing what we do about El Chapo, how powerful he really is, with his own private army at his beck and call
Why hasn’t he just walked into Mexico City put a bullet in the head of everyone at Los Pinos (Mexican White House) and named himself king?

He could do it anytime he like... unless Calderón is already in his pocket?
If so there never will be a plea for one of those black opp strikes

dont ya just love these what if games

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Here’s the real question...
Is Mexican President Felipe De Jesus CALDERON Hinojosa really in charge down there or is it ''El Chapo''??? if so what will the near future hold for the US???

I have good reason to believe that the govt. corruption that allows this BS to continue, is on both sides of the border.
A "Clear and Present Danger" so close to home, x10 as compared to the movie of the same name. The slime climbs up the ladders of power, who knows how far.

Anyone heard of "La Plaza"?:

The Mexican illegal drug business is a multi-billion industry dominated by cartels--large, often family-run, corporate-like organizations--which operate in collusion with elements of the corruption-ridden national state (and corrupt members of U.S. law enforcement) and in violent competition with each other. The cartels transport drugs through territories in which they have bribed politicians, police, military officials and border guards. This arrangement is known as "la plaza." The main cartels include the Chapo Guzmán Cartel, the Tijuana Cartel, the Gulf Cartel, and the Juárez Cartel which controls the El Paso/Juárez plaza (Blancornelas 2002; Ravelo 2005; Gómez and Fritz 2005). In the midst of the larger cartels, smaller trafficking organizations and independent operators smuggle smaller quantities of drugs. The often dangerous, trauma-filled lives of drug traffickers result from circumstances spawned by the informal, unregulated, underworld nature of smuggling (Nordstrom 2007b) and the police and military pressures exerted by the U.S. government's so-called "War on Drugs" and by the Mexican government.

The corruption cannot be so complete on one side of the border, without some complicity on the other. We are told by MSM that there is way too much L.E. cooperation for that to happen.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You both bring up good points about the freedom of operation that El Chapo and the rest of the cartel D-bags enjoy in Mexico. There is no doubt about the corruption of some government officials down there. However, Bare, I'm not sure even all the cartels put together have the necessary equipment and organization to flat-out walk into Mexico City and take over. While the mercenaries and other fighting forces that the cartels employ have proven themselves entirely capable of operating along the same lines as "black operations" forces, they would be unable to fight against an organized and willing Mexican military if it came to no-holds barred combat. Another thing to worry about is the "clear and present danger" that a cartel-run coupe would present to the U.S.
You better believe we'd have special operations forces, along with infantry, airborne and any ass (tactical support - bombers, helicopters etc etc) needed to get the job done in-country most ricky-tick.

It's more likely that the limp-wristed politicians in Mexico will just continue to look the other way for the most part, fattening their wallets right along with the cartels.

*Sorry for the delayed post, been busy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join