It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning Light Show Illuminates Iceland Volcano's Eruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Beneath a stunning sky courtesy of the Northern Lights, Iceland's erupting volcano continues to belch smoke and lava.

Here are just 3 or 45 shots recently taken. The pics do the talking-Enjoy: Source: www.foxnews.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/231f571ed5c9.jpg[/atsimg]

The Northern Lights are seen above the ash plume of Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano in the evening April 22, 2010.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69ed086a5ebc.jpg[/atsimg]

The Northern Lights are seen above the ash plume of Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano April 23, 2010. Iceland's volcanic eruption was spewing far less ash on Thursday and the plume of smoke was low.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cc19f40a4d5.jpg[/atsimg]

"After sunset is the best time of day to photograph volcanos," writes an Icelandic photographer who captured some stunning images of the eruption. "I have narrowed it down to a 15-minute time frame that renders the best light both for the flying magma and the fore/background. Here we can see the volcano and Tindfjallajökull glacier which is also is a volcano but has not erupted in thousands of years."

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Very very nice, you should post some with the lightening and also the clouds going over the large farm.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Yes, that is a nice one but it is not part of this slide show. This one was from like yesterday.

I saw many more-great pics-but I didn't want to cross stories/concepts etc.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Those are very nice pics and i gotta admit the photographer has skills taking those pics .

All those pics are truly wallpaper worthy ...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Its amazing how something so destructive and dangerous can be so beautiful and awe inspiring at the same time.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DXFILMS

I have to agree with you there.

Kaos before change.

I hope that if there is a heaven/afterlife I can have a big easy chair and a clicker that would allow me to surf all of Earths history. The things we haven't seen must be incredible.

I said in another post, these things/events makes one realize how little we really are as a race but how lucky we are to be able to experience and document these events.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Anon72 - great pics.

I don't know if its from Eyjafjallajokull but there's another good one here showing the Northern lights over a volcano

Post your favourite nature pic

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Now that was a cool pic. Hats off to those foks brave (dumb) enough to get so close for such awesome shots.

Either that of kudos to the makers of the high power Zoom lens these shooters must use.

Glad we here on Earth to witness it.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
could volcanism under glaciers cause a "fresh water pulse" causing a stoppage of the gulf stream?

new topics

top topics

join