It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question. Why are crop circles always flawless?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

I recall years ago where the crop circle so-called researchers were perched on a hillside in the dark looking for a crop circle to form. A crop circle appeared on the hillside behind them because the pranksters wanted to make fun of the fakes doing what they referred to as research. What a great stunt.

If people want to see lots of interesting designs just go to Google images and type in "corn maze". Look for the flaws in these images. These are all made by people for people.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Bull. Stalks can be broken.They are brittle.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Dont forget the magnetic anomalies, and electrical failures they are another good hint that its a genuine one.

reply to post by JScytale

That second pic you posted is disgusting, almost made me vomit. Are they trying to point out how hard it is for man to make perfect ones or something? Awefull job they did. The people trying to cover up and spread missinfo should just stick to pretending they paid people with acuurate GPS to do it, that story works for the masses. Or the other good one is the group of students doing it for a project, might add some whom showed up to work on the night they were supposed to be making a crop circle.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
So, lemme get this straight.

The aliens get in their interstellar craft, travel hundreds or thousands of light-years (either taking centuries, or consuming vast quantities of energy in order to defy the basic laws of physics). Finally, countless aeons or terawatts later, they arrive in Earth orbit.

Scanning the planet's surface, they update their files on Human life. Oh, the primates have discovered Element 118. They've constructed new cities, invented new technologies, charted new stars and exo-planets. There are thirty million more of them than there were yesterday.

Circling the globe, their optical and radar cloaking mechanisms fully engaged, they find the perfect spot-- a corn field, almost always one in the United Kingdom. I don't know what it is about that British corn; it just bends better than in Nebraska, I guess.

So, in the dark of night, unobserved by the local radar defenses, farmers, and dogs, they land their craft silently in the field. The aliens hop out of their craft, clad in protective suits and breathing their native atmosphere through sophisticated apparati-- the noxious brew of chemicals from which life on this planet draws sustenance would kill them in moments. Engaging the zero-point cornbender (evidently a highly radioactive, dangerous device), they carve a geometrical pattern into the corn, visible only from the air.

Having finished this momentous task, they clamber back aboard their spacecraft. They leave behind no trace, no communication, no effort at contacting their Human hosts, except for the crop circle which they crossed the starry void to create.

Expending another thousand years or ten Suns worth of energy, the aliens jet home, chuckling quietly to themselves. Ha ha. The joke's on Humanity, and the aliens' vast technological and cultural superiority is proven once and for all... let's see those suckers un-bend their corn.

Is this really what you think is happening every few weeks? This really seems more likely to you, given all the evidence, than the idea that crop circles are created by bored hicks?

What the hell do you think the aliens are gaining by doing this? Consider the expenditure of resources it would take to cross the Galaxy. Consider basic principles of economics and game theory. Why is this activity so worthwhile to the aliens that they would rather do this than invest in expanding their empire, developing their technology, or otherwise advancing their own society in some more direct way?

Seriously. Please respond to this post. I want to know what you think it is that motivates these aliens to do these things.

AT THE VERY LEAST, READ THIS:

If they wanted to communicate, they'd stay around, talk to us, maybe at least show themselves.

And if they didn't want to communicate, they wouldn't run around bending our f***ing corn in such an obvious and elaborate fashion.

Right?

[edit on 24-4-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
So, lemme get this straight.

The aliens get in their interstellar craft, travel hundreds or thousands of light-years

Or maybe they are from another dimension, or time travel. or maybe from the spirit world.

Perhaps they just have to push a button to get here, and push it again to get back.
It is a mystery, but perhaps they don't need to travel anywhere near as far as you think to get here.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
ok, now move on to the second sentence. there are several more after that, too. maybe one or two of them even contain valid points. give 'em a shot.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Bull. The man made ones have bent not broken stalks. During demonstrations of making crop circles the stalks were bent, not broken.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I get a kick out of how people try to justify being hoodwinked.

1. They are flawless
2. Radioactivity
3. Magnetic anomalies
4. Electrical energy

Face it, you got tricked. Move on.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

I found your post cute. Its funny how one thinks the makers of these circles must have physical bodies and craft to travel, or that they must be from another planet. Youve been watching too much sci-fi by the sounds of things. Why on earth would they have such great technology to get here but then have no method of bending the crop at a distance from the safety of their saucer? but have to get out and do it with their masks on? What makes you think they even travel using our level of physics which would require the energy you stated? How did you get so knowledgable about them?

Also they obviously dont want to make open contact with us yet, otherwise wouldnt they have already done it. Perhaps the fact we drop nuclear bombs on cities full of our own kind or something gave them the imprssion we were a little too volatile, a hornets nest of narcissistic malevolent self induced retards that could snap at any minute. Perhaps their agenda may be to watch from a distance for a while, and talk to those who want to listen. If they were to leave any hard proof of their existance then we would be forced to into believing, maybe their methods dont involve force of any nature, a violation of free will. Perhaps all ufo sightings and such phenomena are very carefully calculated moves rather than them having been "caught", they want our belief in them to grow slowly and steadily, no rapid one day changes for this hornets nest.

Perhaps they chose a method that would allow them to "talk" to those ready to listen all the while allowing those who arent to go about their lives undisturbed. Perhaps they are not the same as those who fly the craft, they may be orbs/spirits/interdimensional entities who cannot "talk" with sound vibrations but can ask the spirit of the wheat to help them pass on a message to the extradimensionally-blind folk.

Maybe their message is not meant for our ego to examine, it is for the subconscious. It doesnt matter whether or not you believe, all that matters is that you take a look at the formation, and your awakeing may begin all the while without you knowing it was the circle that triggered your seeking. The circle makers dont seem the least bit phased by what we say or do, it may just be that they want us to look, the eyes are the window to the soul.

I know you just meant your post as a bit of a laugh, but what gets me is when humans try to understand them. Does your dog understand your complex thought processes, or behaviours? Its a living being like you isnt it, its only blip on cosmological time ago that you were both evolving from the common ancestor, yet good luck trying to explain your emotions, motives or science to it.

So let it go, wonder about the circles but dont use human knowledge to try to analyse the makers(or the circle), it should be fundamentally impossible. Just have a look at them, it seems to be all we're supposed to do. It may be all we need to do. Let some things go unexplained untill the day we know better.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
okay, so the zero-point cornbender is mounted on the bottom of the craft. big deal, doesn't change anything.

and they don't have bodies or come from another planet. so they're what, magic fairies that live underground? i thought we were talking about UFOs here?

if they don't have bodies, why the hell do they need physical craft to fly around in? or are their craft fairies too?

this just doesn't make any damn sense; saying that I shouldn't try to understand it and you're just right certainly doesn't help matters any. there's nothing special about "human" knowledge that makes it uniquely limited or inadequate; unless our hypothetical race of anti-corn activists is comprised of a form of matter that does not reflect light, cause vibrations in the air, or interact with other matter, we can understand them with our technology just fine. if they are made of this magical exotic matter i've just described, then the problem is just building a machine that can register some evidence of their passage.

if it exists, it can be studied, and if it can be sufficiently studied, it can be understood.

you can't just keep making up new reasons why crop circles can't possibly be made by rednecks; at some point, you have to start figuring out what the creators are, not just what they aren't.

i'm just as curious as you are about extraterrestrials, and i'd be just as excited by real evidence of their visitation, but pretending doesn't do either one of us any good.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
When people come on this site and say that there are no such thing as ET and make sweeping statements by saying that all of them are made by a couple of lads walking home from the pub, they fail to answer your question.

However, there are crop circles out there that aren't flawless in design and these are the ones that we could point out to be man made.

IMO those with a completely closed mind will always switch off when you try to show them the 3D crop circles. "Poppycock I tell you, made by man they are"

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

if it exists, it can be studied

Lol!!!

I think I see the problem here. It may stem from the illusion (provided in part by robust and repititiously tested science) humans are anywhere even close to having everything figured out. It may stem from the thought that we can use complex instruments to extrapolate and expland our sensory ranges and detect anything more that what should be rounded to zero. Humans are extremely intelligent if we are to compare with our animal neighours. But keep in mind we were using horse and cart a hundred years ago. Where will we be one billion years from now? That is not long on a cosmological scale, one needs to understand how hard it was for people a few hundred years ago to imagine todays tech is just as hard as it is for you to imagine the tech in the near furture let alone millions of years ahead where et's could be. Ever notice how new technology seems "magical" to people who havnt seen the grades of tech leading up to it. The beuaty of science is its dynamic and always evolving, making it likely that all todays theories will not be used far in the furture, they will remain as good observation predictors and the best we had but new understanding will come along making the impossible a daily reality.

Your like a caveman tyring to figure out how an iphone works. Of course you dont get it. The probability on cosmic time that they are within only a few hundred years ahead of us tech wise is so extremely low, they would be thousands or millions ahead, or way behind and hence never have left their planet. We are just babies to technology, its ok to just let those magical things go unexplained for a while, that goes for their motives too.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Crop circles prove one thing very clearly -- Aliens have no respect for private property.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

So now you say that some are man made. You can tell by the flaws. So flawless one or ones you deem to be flawless are not man made?

The best part of the crop circle delusion was when the hoaxers were arguing with the so-called researchers that they had made the very circles the experts were saying were not man made. The hoaxers even boasted that they purposely were making designs close to the research sites to make fun of the so-called researchers.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
They are man made.
I don't even know why people think they are made by aliens.

Where did the idea come from, that there are crop circles that are alien in origin?

There is no evidence at all, of aliens making crop circles.

So how does one even suggest that crop circles are alien creations?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by franspeakfree

So now you say that some are man made. You can tell by the flaws. So flawless one or ones you deem to be flawless are not man made?

I am yes, I do not believe that all crop circles are made by man

The best part of the crop circle delusion was when the hoaxers were arguing with the so-called researchers that they had made the very circles the experts were saying were not man made. The hoaxers even boasted that they purposely were making designs close to the research sites to make fun of the so-called researchers.

What about the 3d designs and the binary language? what about the answer from the stars image of man? in order to make such a design on the ground would have taken many many men and women let alone planning and air guidance. Once you study in great detail the facts of the crop circles instead of skimming over the top you (generally) will see that there is something else involved that is being kept from us. Starting with the 'mowing devil'

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hi there

I must agree with some of the posts regarding closer inspection. I personally am not a believer of these crop circles and truly belief that they only contribute to the hype surrounding aliens and UFO's.

Although I do marvel at the time wasted in any event.

But yeah go visit them might get a different perspective.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
So crop circle artists are becoming better and more inventive. That makes this all the more fun. There's a great game people play - outdo the other guy. If people were doing the same boring crop circles from the early days then there'd be no news coverage and no news coverage means the end of the pranks. So now you have to be more elaborate to get your hoax on the news. If the crop circles are plainer than the corn mazes made up each year then we'd have nothing to look at.

It doesn't take air guidance. There are all sorts of intricate corn mazes and none of them are made with air guidance.

Here's a link to the dino-maze. It's cool and was made without air guidance.

Here's a link to a football rivalry corn maze.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale
reply to post by genma

- utilizing a stake and rope as a compass.

I find it a bit hypocritical when you ask a question, recieve a good answer, and then laugh at it

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Not ALL of them are flawless. There are SOME hoaxes. However, their is a DISTINCT difference between the REAL ones, and the hoaxes.

Which would be ... ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join