It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question. Why are crop circles always flawless?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If they were truly made by man you'd think that at least a few of them would contain some sort of imperfection. However I cannot find one picture of a crop circle that has an aesthetic flaw or imprecision on it. Can anyone answer this simple question?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

here's your answer: you're looking at pictures and not visiting them.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
They should still be evident through pics given the size and scope of them

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

my point is you cannot see important details in any photograph.

so you visit hundreds of crop circle websites and notice every picture they post appears to be flawless? gee, i wonder why...

not to mention, you're only going to get apparently perfect circles when you use the method every single crop circle hoaxer has admitted to - utilizing a stake and rope as a compass.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You're kidding right? A stake and compass as tools of perfection? And yes you should see imperfections form aerial photographs. Think of a drawing on a piece of paper - same thing but on a larger scale.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by genma
You're kidding right? A stake and compass as tools of perfection? And yes you should see imperfections form aerial photographs. Think of a drawing on a piece of paper - same thing but on a larger scale.

take a compass and use it to draw a circle on a piece of paper.
it will appear flawless and only microscopic examination will reveal it is not. they use a stake and rope to accomplish exactly the same thing, using exactly the same mechanics.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Even looking at pictures of crop circles from above, they do have an admittedly impressive amount of symmetry given their scale. I would think it'd take more than a stake with a rope attached to acheive this, especially considering the wide variety of designs that have been seen.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
most pictures are taken from a helicopter quite a distance away. As you get further away you lose detail. So even tho it appears flawless it actually will have a few errors/mistakes.

if i draw a near perfect circle on a paper freehanded and i tell you to look at it from across the road im pretty sure the imperfections will blur out.

I do agree that the designs are elaborate and take a lot of skill to execute but i do not think they are perfect.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by StealthKix]

[edit on 23-4-2010 by StealthKix]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Not ALL of them are flawless. There are SOME hoaxes. However, their is a DISTINCT difference between the REAL ones, and the hoaxes.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I have yet to be convinced there has ever been a real crop circle.

They are a fundamentally flawed concept. To believe there are genuine crop circles requires assuming extraterrestrials wish to communicate with us. If this is the case, why do they decide to carve images that conform to human aesthetics (biiiig flaw there) under cover of night while hiding their presence? If they genuinely wanted to communicate, they would hover over a major city for days on end flashing lights at its inhabitants until local scientists managed to decode the basic patterns and respond.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
On the other hand, assuming this is all man made, this is all done in the dark. Either they have very good torches with them or a fantastic sense of direction and placement. A possible helping hand from the moonlight maybe? Until I see someone recreating one of the incredibly intricate patterns, my opinion could go either way.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

almost all of these are made well outside cities - where you can actually see a good portion of the stars. under starlight alone you can make your way around (i know this from experience) and once your eyes adapt its almost like walking around under a full moon. everything is crystal clear, it just isn't daylight.

and here's a handful of quite obviously man-made crop circles:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale

Is this based on starlight alone? Or is this with the moonlight included? I've always lived in a built up area, so I have no idea what kind of clarity starlight alone would give.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

initially you can see decently enough to move around without bumping into things. if you stay with starlight as your only light source for a good 20-30 minutes, you'll be seeing everything with crystal clarity, as if it was a full moon. its like daylight without vivid colors practically.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Ah, that makes a little more sense, and the examples you posted are proof that man can make these things, but the scale of some of the crop circles I've seen online are astounding, coupled with the oblique angle at which a person would be working, sometimes it looks next to impossible for a few people to have done all that in one night.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Actually, you are WRONG!!!! A true crop circle will have radioactive activity around it and the grass will be bent, not broke. A man made made crop circle is where the grass will be broke and there is no radioactive activity. Thank ya.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

and this is the part where you cite a genuine scientific study backing up your claims.

i'll be waiting.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
All those crop circles, and nobody has ever been caught making one, or disturbed half way through, leaving one incomplete.

A stake and a rope, huh?
Don't you thing skeptics would be looking for the hole in the ground the stake made ?

I don't know the answer to this, but there is far more to it than a few practical jokers having some fun.
There is some serious unknown technology at work here.
But the question is who ? and why ?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

They are all man made. Crop circles are fun to make it seems. They get scads of people talking and wondering how people were able to do them.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Not true. If that had been the case it would have been easy to separate the two. In an old article the author measured the size of the bend to see if he could discern the difference between what he made and what he thought was a true crop circle. Stalks are not broken. They are bent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join