It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US clears 2nd Navy SEAL in Iraqi abuse case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

US clears 2nd Navy SEAL in Iraqi abuse case

www.foxnews.com

BAGHDAD (AP) — A U.S. military judge on Friday cleared a Navy SEAL of any wrongdoing in the alleged beating of an Iraqi prisoner suspected of masterminding the grisly 2004 killings of four American contractors.
It was the second verdict in as many days to throw out charges against a SEAL accused in the abuse case. Three SEALS, the Navy's elite special forces unit, face charges in a case that has drawn fire from at least 20 members of Congress and other Americans who it see it as coddling terrorists to overcompensate for the notorious Abu Ghraib prison scandal.

The trial against the thir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thank God. These men deserve our deepest respect and thanks. We need to stand behind them as these BS charges are being heard.

This is absolute BS-hence the charges getting tossed. How many does this make now (military folks having the charges dropped-way after the trumped up MSM stories have passed).

We have more faith in our military than we do in the Leadership-I can assure you.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Star to you! Reports like this is always good news. There are some here that would think otherwise.

What these team members did to that son of a bitch is far less than what he deserved.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Thank Heaven!!!

It is hard to even fathom our own are being prosecuted which Main Stream Media and Government are not even on our side!?!!

Keep up the fight, we have more that are on trial that need our voice, money and support.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Thank God. These men deserve our deepest respect and thanks. We need to stand behind them as these BS charges are being heard.

Why? It just makes you look like a jingoistic monster. Iraq is an unjust war for reasons I think we both know are very bad for America. You wanted the oil and you went in and took it. And over a million people are dead now, and Iraq is impoverished because of your greed and lust for power.

You get no support or sympathy from me and neither do your war criminal soldiers.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Why? It just makes you look like a jingoistic monster. Iraq is an unjust war for reasons I think we both know are very bad for America. You wanted the oil and you went in and took it. And over a million people are dead now, and Iraq is impoverished because of your greed and lust for power.

You get no support or sympathy from me and neither do your war criminal soldiers.

What does the reasons for invading Iraq have to do with this, dirty politicians did that. And how does punching someone have anything to do with being a war criminal? Stay on topic! I support all soldiers from all countries along as they don't purposely kill or abuse innocent civies. I guess I'm jingoist to. And did you forget it is a war, unfortunate things happen, it's sad, I know. They should not be punished for being sent to war, where bad things.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by walsbg22
What does the reasons for invading Iraq have to do with this, dirty politicians did that. And how does punching someone have anything to do with being a war criminal?

Hey I'm a corporate oligarchy want to join the army and massacre primitive debtors for their insolence?

When you say yes that makes you a war criminal. Anyone that is stupid enough to think "I'm going to join the SEALs and help little children and see Santa Claus" is quite frankly an enabler of the system and just as complicit.

It's a little harder to fight wars like this if you don't have any soldiers. But they just keep showing up. And you keep supporting them.

And did you forget it is a war, unfortunate things happen, it's sad, I know. They should not be punished for being sent to war, where bad things.

Maybe if both sides were playing with an equal deck of cards it might have been a war. But one side put the leader of the other side in power and then decided to kill him and invade his country and massacre his people for oil. Not for themselves mind you. But for their corporate friends.

That isn't a war.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

What, it is a war only if your even?
That is stupid, I guess WWII wasn't a war, somebody won. And I guess you missed the unless in my willingness to support soldiers. And how is it a massacre, I guess nobody shoots back at our soldiers.

War: a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.
Conflict: a fight, battle, or struggle, esp. a prolonged struggle; strife.
Battle: a hostile encounter or engagement between opposing military forces

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Stop using the "You went for oil" BS, Russia and China are the ones that secured the auctioned fields last year. Don't you remember how much Russia and China opposed the war? Yet, they buy up the oil fields, kind of ironic and hypocritical if you ask me. Not a single U.S. oil company made a deal. France was actually the forerunner of the auction.

Iraqi Oil

Those who claim that the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003 to get control of the country's giant oil reserves will be left scratching their heads by the results of last weekend's auction of Iraqi oil contracts: Not a single U.S. company secured a deal in the auction of contracts that will shape the Iraqi oil industry for the next couple of decades.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by walsbg22
And how is it a massacre, I guess nobody shoots back at our soldiers.

We'll see if you have the same attitude when they turn on you. Now American's are the ones that are in debt and must pay. The vultures and jackals will have their way with you just like they have Iraq and so many others.

Will you still support them then?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Stop using the "You went for oil" BS, Russia and China are the ones that secured the auctioned fields last year. Don't you remember how much Russia and China opposed the war? Yet, they buy up the oil fields, kind of ironic and hypocritical if you ask me. Not a single U.S. oil company made a deal. France was actually the forerunner of the auction.

And what were the conditions for the privatisation of the Iraqi oil sector? A repayment toward the debt Iraq has incurred since the invasion. And not all the debt only part of it. That is what Iraq got out of the deal. A debt restructuring plan.

American banks hold that debt. And set the terms and conditions for it's repayment. That's why Paul Wolfowitz went from the heading up the downfall of Iraq to heading up the world bank. To continue to extract the wealth of the Iraqi people. And their Afghani neighbours. Because Saddam refused to play ball.

If he'd done what he was told he'd still be in power now just like the dozens of other tin pot dictators all over this planet owned and enslaved by US elite. Their only role to crush the middle and lower classes and steal the wealth of nations.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The people that should get abused are the guys in charge of Blackwater, I read an article a few months ago that those private contractors died because they requested specific weapons and support needed for their mission and someone in charge of Blackwater kept telling them just to shut up and do their job, because they were under contract with Blackwater and refusal of orders by Blackwater would result in sezure of all there personal items back home or something like that. Those private contractors were mutilated because Blackwater didn't give a damn about them, they were expendable to them.

I don't know if this is totally true or not but I do remember reading an article somewhere on the web about it not to long ago, it might've been a thread here on ATS but I'm not sure. If it is true then its really sad what people will do to others for their own self gain, I'm sure crap like this goes on all the time too even in all countries. Greed is mans biggest demise.

[edit on 23/4/10 by Aliensdoexist]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Oh please stop, we tried rebuilding Iraq but the "insurgents" decided to run off or kill the contractors rebuilding their infrastructure. Your slander is so typical. I am not in any way supporting the war, but you can't say we are there to maim and imprison the people for life.

All political BS aside, the people of Iraq still have a great opportunity to move their country forward. If the insurgency had never happened, they would have a much better state of a country, with working purified water taps, efficient electricity, etc. So please stop the bigotry.

Insurgents preventing reconstruction

Thursday 02 February 2006 Dubai, United Arab Emirates - Guerrilla attacks in Iraq have forced the cancellation of more than 60 percent of water and sanitation projects, in part because American intelligence failed to predict the brutal insurgency, a US government audit said.

I guess you don't want to hear any of that right?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You wanted the oil and you went in and took it.

I wonder how long people are going to continue spouting this nonsense without looking up our imports for themselves.

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

The top five exporting countries accounted for 67 percent of United States crude oil imports in January while the top ten sources accounted for approximately 90 percent of all U.S. crude oil imports. The top five sources of US crude oil imports for January were Canada (1.882 million barrels per day), Mexico (1.033 million barrels per day), Nigeria (0.996 million barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (0.958 million barrels per day), and Venezuela (0.827 million barrels per day).

We import 3.72 times as much crude oil from Canada as we do from Iraq, and over 5 times as much petroleum. Please get your facts straight before spreading the same old lies around and hijacking threads to spread your anti-American nonsense. Hate us if you like, but at least have the decency to hate us for things that are true.

________

Back to the OP, it's good to hear that he was innocent of the charges. War is bad enough without our troops being accused of things they haven't done.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
Oh please stop, we tried rebuilding Iraq but the "insurgents" decided to run off or kill the contractors rebuilding their infrastructure. Your slander is so typical. I am not in any way supporting the war, but you can't say we are there to maim and imprison the people for life.

It's not slander. It's true.

And I can say you're there to imprison the people for life. I'm from Australia we were part of the British Empire once. They weren't afraid about being honest. If they wanted to make a country their colony and their people it's possessions they did it.

American's do the same thing but then try to convince themselves they haven't.

Your reasoning is incredibly similar to the white man's burden. You're in there helping these savages rebuild their infrastructure and pick a better government that is more friendly to trade. Only the worlds policeman could undertake such a task.

And build a New World Order.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

It is slander, you provided no sources to your claims where Jenna and I provided sources to refute your "claims". If we were there to put them in slavery or commit "genocide" as many claim, Iraq would be totally different. Yes of course there have been incidents of bad apples ruining the American image (Which people love to hear), there's no doubt about it. Yes Iraq was a bad idea to begin with, but at least we are trying to bring a sense of normalcy to them, but of course there will be "insurgents" to ruin it, like the source I included before this post.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

It is slander, you provided no sources to your claims where Jenna and I provided sources to refute your "claims".

Watch "Apology of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins. You may find it interesting.

I don't really want to continue this argument it seems a little off topic.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It is slander, you provided no sources to your claims where Jenna and I provided sources to refute your "claims".

Watch "Apology of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins. You may find it interesting.

I don't really want to continue this argument it seems a little off topic.

Your the one that derailed this thread my friend, and I'll definitely watch that video. Does it pertain to your claims of oil and reconstruction, or genocide?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

I can't seem to find an English subtitled version, so I have no idea of what is being said. BUT, from seeing the images, it looks very biased. Have a link for an English version?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It will get back on track. Be sure to Star and Flag so people can see you great responses.

S&F's will bring more people in and they can be dazzelled with your knowledge.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join