It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of computers shut down as faulty anti-virus program causes havoc around the globe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Just thought i would post this, one to warn you all if it could possibly effect any of you, and also could potentially have an effect given that its mainly causing problems in offices and schools. What a suprise.
Feel free to delete just wanted to make you all aware.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hmmm maybe that's why my PC at work keep acting wonky. I closed out all of my tabs before leaving work last night and this morning they were all opened when I got to work. Strange, thanks for the info

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Its times like this I'm glad I have a mac. haha

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yeah. Git yerself a Mac. I am glad I did.

I still think Steve Jobs is being given access to advanced alien technology and may have been replaced by a clone when he supposedly went in for a liver transplant. Apple products are just too cool to be of human origin.

Even the gesture-driven interfaces seems better suited to beings with three digits instead of five.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
That make of anti virus is one of the worst lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
it is the same right?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
this latest variant of the same virus comes in through Facebook. It will come from someone you know and say something about a video of you. If you open it, you will make people in my line of work a little happier.

DO NOT pay the $70 or whatever amount this virus claims you must pay to fix your system. IT IS A SCAM. and they will have your credit card info. I am not sure how this is legal, but so far, I haven't heard of anyone getting arrested for it. But the money goes somewhere.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

I would assume this is the same topic. Since the actual AV or specific problem wasn't addressed by the OP, just a link, but it does look to be the same.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What you all say, add this to the other link?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If its regarding the same thing, feel free.

new topics

top topics

join