It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did people in the bible live so long?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
you say you want serious answers, but you have no SERIOUS proof that people lived to 900 years old.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well there is no seriouse proof that aliens exist, that any world agenda is being followed by our leaders, that any ghosts actually exist. Nothing except speculation and heresay....yet here we are

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Why did people in the bible live so long?

Because it is the biggest lie in humankind

Why somebody bring back this topic again? if you want to talk about HEALTH, hyperbaric oxygen, please go to appropriate forum.

Before you prove they lived 900 years old, please prove us they ever existed.

What's the point of arguing Godzilla livespan before we sure there is a Godzilla.

Why suddenly this topic full of bible staff? Who is trying what here in this forum? Jobless gonna be priests?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It was intersting to me, dont reply then. As for it being appropriate, it is. A historicl text that just so happens to be a spiritual book for some mentioned it and so I continued the thread with my own argument

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
haha thats why i only believe in one of the above mentioned, the aliens one. But they all still have some evidence of some form, ie. the size of the universe for aliens, george bush for the government one, and first ahd expierience for the ghosts. However all we have for this is one veruy old book, which conains stories that have been proven falso or exagerated.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
do you have an alien I can talk to....If you have proof bush is on an agenda contrary to the one of a public servant impeech him. and if you know of ghost then send one my way I have some questions
\

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The bible also has many provable situations and facts. So much so that it is the most consice historical text of the human experiance in existance. How perfect it is is another question. But regardless some things are true, some arent. All should be seen as possible at the very least, that is if you have the slightest thread of imagination. If you dont then this whole site is a waste to you, even if your the hard line scientific type. Imagination cost you nothing and you always learn something the REAL world cant teach.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
yes much of the bible is true, but its also true that in the bible they have a tendecy to exagerate or misunderstand. So when the stories arent true, they could be very not true. like the WHOLE WORLD flooding in Noahs Ark, or getting TWO of EVERY species on ONE boat. as for the other conspiracies as i send before the only one i believe in is the aliens one its based completely on probability, that if life happened here maybe it also happened on one of the other 250 billion stars in our galaxy or in one of the other 250 billion galaxies

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have seen the formula..it sounds fine to me. but If you take any mathamatical equasion with an infinite number of factors, eventualy you find the answers your looking for. And untill you have an alien LAND and say hi or what ever you never fully prove it. You can get a good idea, but thats it. By the way I do beleive in all of the befroe mentioned, like many people here. I have no means of proving them all be it with someone elses research. I CAN use my mind to analize the information and form a general idea of the world around me. If you disagree then fine,I'll admit I have no proof, but I can say the same of you . You can give me a link to some guy that SAW an alien. or maybe a pic or recording of SOMETHING that looks like what you want to prove, but without the science behind it its just here say and speculation. YET HERE WE ARE

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It doesn't hurt if it is proven NO alien, but it is hurt when the bible is proven wrong.

So it is better to spend times on aliens than on Jews' bible.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Cibai]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Could it be possible for humans to live lets say twice our current life spans now? With current progress in mind, what would be a safe projection of expected life spans for humans for the next 100 years? 200? Where does it all top out? At our current maximum age ?....thats a limited point of view because you dont know what medical advancements will be discovered or how our climate affects our bodies aging process, and how that climate will change. It is safe to say that if it became more supportive of our TYPE of life we would benefit from longer life spans. How ever you want to define "more supportive" but any factor would have a prolonging effect. Look at something so simple as quantity of food. that shoots the average way up. Look at animals like fish. Some can go between both salt and fresh water, but thrive more in one than the other. ex-

toadfish, garpike, bowfin, sturgeon, herring/anchovy, salmon/trout/pike, catfish, clingfish, stickleback, scorpionfish, and flatfish.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The people in the bible didn't live that long, most of them didn't even existed.

Wanna play Forum's game and trick ?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
what is forum play and trick...doesnt sound like anything very nice.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
actually most people did exist hence the original oral tradition that passed the bible down..As far as how long they lived thats currently the topic at hand. Prove they didnt or just give you oppinion. Either would suffice, just so long as you offer something, at the very least thats funny or entertaining, if it cant be informative..

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ignore the Trolls.

Matthew 7:6

Your ideas are sound and worthy of consideration. Take note of these radical changes that occurred after the Flood:

1. Life spans decrease greatly
2. Rainbow appears for the first time
3. Grape juice spoils and ferments
4. Animal meat aids human survival
5. Circumcision required for cleanliness

These five things indicate that the atmosphere changed from its original design.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Though, like I have said before, I am not a creationist in terms of the Bible, nor am I even a Christian, but it is in many ways "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" to discredit all potential historical and geological ideas of the book. I think it's funny how some people refuse to trust anything in the Bible, saying it's convoluted oral history with no basis in fact when a vast portion of history is based off of oral transmission.

What I'm saying is, I do believe there was a catastrophic planetary event that changed the basic course of history (whether flood or other), which disrupted the primary abundance of the place, which indeed led to shorter life spans.

If you credit this downfall to aliens, a flood/dilution of extremely oxygenated air, or whatever, it is clear, at least to me, that people in ancient times did tend to live a lot longer than we as humans do nowadays.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I sure hope im not that troll....

My point is that you say that , people die younger post flood, as well as people eating meat , and grapes only fermenting after the flood, yet your only proof is a book in which many things can be proven to be exagerations. AN example being the flood story itself. A flood covering the whole world is quite impossible, so if they were exagerating/misunderstanding on that claim, maybe they were also on other extrodinary claims. AN example of these other claims being people lived to 900 yrs of age.

IM not at all saying everything the bible says is false, maybe slightly off after years of oral traditions and translations, but yes there probably is historical fact in the bible.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So, I'm not reading the whole thing to find out (too many arguments)
what about mutations in our DNA? How many times can you photocopy a copy of a photocopy before it starts to degrade? Seems like it could happen w/ DNA too.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
Ignore the Trolls.

1. Life spans decrease greatly
2. Rainbow appears for the first time
3. Grape juice spoils and ferments
4. Animal meat aids human survival
5. Circumcision required for cleanliness

These five things indicate that the atmosphere changed from its original design.

Ok, I am the trolls.

1. Is there any historical and biological evidence on that?
2. Rainbow appears for the 1st time? That's a joke, wasn't it?

So there was no rain, no water, no sun before the flood?

Wikipedia says : "The rainbow's appearance is caused by dispersion of sunlight as it goes through raindrops. The light is first refracted as it enters the surface of the raindrop, reflected off the back of the drop, and again refracted as it leaves the drop."

You can easily see a rainbow by spraying water hose facing the sun.

You can see rainbow near waterfalls during daytime.

3. That's where the wine came from, wasn't it? Everything spoils!
There is no point drinking grape juice if it never spoil. What is the point of drinking grape juice and peeing 100% grape juice?

4. Alright, that give you an excuse to eat animals, didn't it? I thought the Adam's family like to kill and eat animals as well, at least they ate lamb. And Adam was before flood right?

5. If you want it clean, KEEP IT CLEAN!. Wash it more often!
You can't keep circumcised thing clean WITHOUT cleaning it yourselves!
Circumcision was for lazy dirty people in the old times.
And I think the first circumcision was found in Egypt.

- They copied the flood story
- They imitate the circumcision
- what else?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
alternate explanation-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would have done this earlier..sorry new at this.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join