It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Barefoot.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I love walking barefoot in the grass. Especially when it is a hot summers day and the grass fells cool under your feet

After all we were not born with socks and shoes

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Oh wow! I just LOVE this thread!

Walking barefoot, is one of the most natural, connecting pleasures there are. To walk barefoot over fresh grass is absolutely incredible, not mention healing.

We've forgotten we're humans, forgotten the connection to nature and earth. Standing barefoot on the earth creates a energetically link between you and source.

Also, if you lay on your back with your feet flat up against a tree, your soles will tingle, you are exchanging energy. It's beautiful, try it!

Ideally I would like to stand naked on the earth with my arms outstretched and open to the sun, just like a plant. That's next on my list!

Star and flag.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This thread is giving me the inspiration to walk around the town barefoot again. I use to do it back in the day until I got into a relationship and she wanted me to wear the shoes. Not in the relationship anymore so the shoes gotta go!

Thanks guys!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ok, I went to the beach today along the Gulf of Mexico. I left the flip flops on my towel, and walked in the water along the beach.

It did feel good, to have the squishy sand under my feet, and the water running over the top, however, sadly, I had to watch my step. The amount of garbage washing up on the shore was sad, very sad! I was afraid I'd step on something not too healthy for my feet.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Just so you know, it is impossible to wear something "inside out," the outside is always the outside and vice versa! =-)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I too will become a convert.

I recently read how when you walk barefoot, actually your feet walk more naturally and you can run./walk/jog further as your feet are more natural. You don't get cramp, blisters etc.

Freedom for the masses!!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It's weird you bring this up sorta because my whole life I've had tough feet. For example, you can break a bottle and have glass all over the ground, in fact I'd let you break several bottles and have tons of glass under me, and I could jump right on the glass and not get cut... it's weird. I used to walk around barefoot all the time especially when I went to the beach a lot, and I'd try and find something that I thought would hurt my feet to walk on but I never found anything... OK only one thing, and that was blacktop in 102 degree F weather - with that sun hitting the blacktop, or sand as well, you gotta keep moving, standing still will literally burn your foot (although you can acquire an ability to withstand that over time as well). I was able to walk slower than everyone else in situations like this because I could take it better.

And even more so getting into my foot/ankle, I can roll my ankle completely - as in fall and land and roll it - and not break it. I used to skateboard for a long time, and I watched countless times friends break their ankles from rolling them. Well I'd bail out on trying to do a set of stairs and land on my ankle sideways and be completely fine... everyone would look at me like "Oh Sh*t that's definitely broken!" but I'd get up and walk away fine... sorry didn't mean to get off topic

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I used to love walking barefoot until I kept finding what looked like painful hairs growing out of the bottom of my feet from time to time. I looked them up online and think they are whipworms that can burrow under the skin. Since then I've been more cautious about where I walk!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If this were true, then all spiritual leaders of any sort would do this, and they don't, or they didn't. I think you're just creating this connection to the Earth in your mind, but I suppose everything else that you see is created in your Infinite mind, so ??????????????????

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm loving all the support everyone, and I myself have learned some very interesting things from some of your posts. I really like the talk of sun gazing. I will have to try that.

Someone also mentioned about putting your feet to a tree. Wow. Thank you for reminding me! I have definitely heard about that before.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have gone barefoot my entire life. I have the toughest feet of anyone I know. Problem is I now have very wide flat feet and its hard to find shoes that will fit my feet although length wise I am a petite size 6. Going barefoot for 30 years has ruined my arches.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Not even going to read the other posts. I agree with you 100%. I walk all over my little city barefoot. Going out for a smoke? You bet, and I'll be barefoot. Walking across town with a friend who needs to go to the store? Sure thing, but I'm not going in because I'm not wearing shoes. And yes, there is a sense of "freedom," but that comes with walking around nude too.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Nothing can separate me and my chucks, not even mother nature.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Clearly you have yet to be stung by the wasp between your toes! Hurts like a Beeatch!

Seriously though, tread cautiously if you insist on wandering around shoeless. There are plenty of nasties that can get in through your feet.

" Poisonous plants, animals, or parasites can enter the body through the cuts on an injured bare foot – footwear can be valuable in protecting them.[12] Hookworm larvae, for instance, can easily burrow through a bare human foot"

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

By the way, if your feet are so "tough," and you're interested in new experiences, I suggest doing the Hot Coal Walk. Its more fun than it sounds.

Oh, and dont forget the walk across nails, and broken glass like the yogis.

Its funny you brought up this topic.

Ive always been weird about taking my shoes off when I play music. When on the Drums I especially find it helps, but I always take off my shoes to play guitar, even when playing shows. My band always laughed and thought it was funny, last night they all tried it and now swear by it!

[edit on 22-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Within the last couple of months, I have taken the opportunity to walk around barefoot as much as possible. There is something deeply spiritual walking the earth with just your own 2 feet and nothing else.

Over these months, the bottom of my feet became rougher and rougher, and now I am able to walk barefoot just about anywhere outside, including roads and other human made ground surfaces. My favorite part about walking barefoot has got to be when I feel the cool grass on my feet after walking a section of road or asphalt. When walking on the grass, I feel a deep connection with Mother Earth and it is a great feeling.

People look at me funny when I walk barefoot basically all the time, but screw them. It is my choice, and it is a good one in my opinion. Think about it. In nature, no animals wear shoes. Please, share your thoughts of walking barefoot, and hopefully some of you out there share the same passion as I do. Shoes are stinky, by the way.

You should try walking around naked just like every animal does, you will feel even more connected to the mother Earth. Seriously.... at least that's how you will feel while you're not arrested.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I concur completely on the connection to the earth being augmented by walking barefoot. That connection is very underated and all spiritual exercises from meditation to healing are enhanced when the bare feet are in connection to the earth.

I recently spent a week in Fla. walking the ocean shoreline, feeling the earth energy and ocean. When I returned to my job, I noticed how energized I was compared to my coworkers, not just from bring on holiday, but from the earth/ocean connection I received waliking barefoot at this high earth energy place.

Being barefoot and higher spirituality are exceedingly connected.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Reading some posts about stuff getting through the bottom of the foot, let me clarify my foot history.

I have lived long periods of my life in a very barefoot way. In my younger days, I would run on lava rocks day in and day out, along with frolicking in grass and such. The bottom of my feet are ridiculously weathered and super thick. I am also in good health.

I'm sure if someone went outside barefoot after wearing shoes their entire life, they would have a higher risk of cutting their feet and also getting pathogens within them because of their soft feet. Poor things.

For the rest of us who have been barefoot our entire lives, I feel our immune systems have gotten adequate exercise and are more protected from cuts and pathogens.

Like I said, there are times where I wear footwear. Use your judgment on where you are walking. Yeah.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This thread has made me SO happy, I can't tell you :-)

I, too, am barefoot every chance I get. My family and SO, not so much. I tried to conform for a couple years, but have completely given up on it (conforming) in the past year. Unfortunately, I live in a large city near an area where "shelter-deprived" folks engage in illegal activities, so my range is limited to my subdivision and backyard area. Parks are absolutely amazing to feel right now. The grass is absolutely and positively PERFECT this time of year.

I've never thought much about it in terms of spirituality, but more in terms of "I've been touching synthetics all day long, my feet need to BREEEEAAAAAAAATHE!". I suppose that it's really all the same thing in the end though. Bug bites, burns, cuts - been there, done that, got the t-shirt - still worth every single moment. I've been trying to get the SO to try it out (baby steps - walk to the mailbox), but that's a work in progress.

Sun gazing is something I indulge in when I can as well and it's AMAZING how much it does for me. When I cannot, simply sitting out and getting sun on my skin for a few minutes completely renews me :-)

Beautiful stuff. I'm so happy to see that there's so many of y'all out there. Keep living the good life!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Could anyone suggest any links/articles which would support the health side of going barefoot.
Any links to show that feet which have been used to being bare do not constitute a health and safety issue.
Anything at all that would give medical support for bare feet.
Anything to prove that going bare feet is positive and not a danger when they have been conditioned.
Would be grateful for any information
Thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join