It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Barefoot.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Within the last couple of months, I have taken the opportunity to walk around barefoot as much as possible. There is something deeply spiritual walking the earth with just your own 2 feet and nothing else.

Over these months, the bottom of my feet became rougher and rougher, and now I am able to walk barefoot just about anywhere outside, including roads and other human made ground surfaces. My favorite part about walking barefoot has got to be when I feel the cool grass on my feet after walking a section of road or asphalt. When walking on the grass, I feel a deep connection with Mother Earth and it is a great feeling.

People look at me funny when I walk barefoot basically all the time, but screw them. It is my choice, and it is a good one in my opinion. Think about it. In nature, no animals wear shoes. Please, share your thoughts of walking barefoot, and hopefully some of you out there share the same passion as I do. Shoes are stinky, by the way.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Shoes are stinky, by the way.

LOL shoes are stinky because we wear our socks inside out. I know that made no sense at all... but it makes more sense than the mother earth stuff..

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

People look at me funny when I walk barefoot basically all the time, but screw them.

No shoes, no shirt, no service!

I'm just the opposite now, after having grandkids in the house, who go outside barefoot, come in, and get the place filthy. I would prefer they wear their shoes outside, and leave them by the door when they come in!
This way at least the house would stay clean when they visit!

Also, just think about where you are walking! Animals urinate and defecate all over the place! People spit on the ground! Lots of nasty stuff to step in. Shoes might be stinky, but I will take the smell over germy feet any day!

In other words, I have no problem with bare feet in the house, as long as they are clean.

edit spelling

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Maybe you wouldn't mind walking in a third would country barefoot. Perhaps this is what separates us from the animals.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Totally agree on being shoeless.
As for no shirt no shoes no service.
Grab Backpack insert flip-flops.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spaz490

That is basically why I started walking barefoot is because my slippers broke. They don't have the kind I like over here, so... I just went all natural.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I like being barefoot alot around my house.

Sometimes in the summer I wake up in the morning, get a cup of coffee and go walk around barefoot in the dewey grass out in the garden to watch the sun come up.

I could not go barefoot all the time though. My feet are not tough enough for that.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I've wondered about the footware conspiracy for awhile now. I have been thinking that it is much better for your body's electrical well being to walk around barefoot. It grounds you to the earth, thereby making you more one with it. Walking around barefoot is probably one of the reasons I like going to the beach so much. I tried to walk around barefoot this winter but it did not work out so well.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Some posters mentioned how my feet might be getting germs or whatever on it, but let me reiterate, the bottom of my feet are freaking leather at this point, and I wipe the bottom of my feet when I come in from outside. I'm really not too worried about it. Like I said, my walks outside are mostly on beautiful soft grass, so yeah.

Although, I do agree I should get a pair of slippers, just in general. Thank you for the recommendation and reminder.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This article may be of some insight to those reading this thread --

Barefoot running easier on feet than running shoes...

New Harvard research casts doubt on the old adage, “All you need to run is a pair of shoes.”

(see source)
Harvard Science

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I also forgot to mention I do in fact have shoes, and of course I need to put them on when entering stores and stuff like that.

One of the points I'm trying to make is we could all benefit from some barefoot walking time. Give the feet a chance to breathe.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott

Barefoot running easier on feet than running shoes...

absolutely. I feel like a freaking ninja when I'm barefoot, and when I'm in grassy areas, I like to sprint and run sometimes. It feels amazing.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by (C2C)

I agree, taking off your shoes and plugging in to the earth barefoot is one of the great pleasures of life.

As far as the toughening up of the soles is concerned; I've always thought that this should be a part of any endurance/adventure racers training. It's also not a bad idea for the "bug-out" oriented folks out there to do this as well. The tougher those feet are the farther your going to be able to go.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Check out this book Born to Run by Christopher McDougall.

I have started to train in Vibram Five Finger Shoes.

Some research has shown that the human foot is not designed to run or walk in heavily cushioned shoes.

Some injuries may be prevented by slowly ( and I mean very, slowly) strengthening your feet with barefoot or minimal shoe training.

link   
My husband and I never wear shoes in the house. I also never wear shoes when I'm outside on my balcony. I do, however, wear shoes outside. I didn't used to though. When I was a kid, I mostly went barefoot. In the country, you could walk into a general store with your bare feet. When I left the country and moved to the city, you had to wear shoes if you wanted to go into businesses.

I do feel more comfortable when I'm barefoot though, and in the summertime, I oftentimes kick off my shoes in the car. I like walking in the grass, but in the summer my feet burn like the dickens when walking on pavement or concrete. And walking on gravel roads in the country is an ouchy.

Last summer I was going barefoot at the pool. I ended up with plantar warts several months later. I guess I'll be wearing flip-flops at the pool from now on.

Walking barefoot on the beach is one of those things in life that puts me on a natural high. Feeling the sand squishing through your toes is just divine.
It always makes me feel content and like everything in the world is just fine.

link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I also forgot to mention I do in fact have shoes, and of course I need to put them on when entering stores and stuff like that.

One of the points I'm trying to make is we could all benefit from some barefoot walking time. Give the feet a chance to breathe.

thats pretty sensible, i imagine you gett a sense of freedom
right on man!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I read an article a couple of months ago on how shoes are bad on the backs. nymag.com... . I hardly own a pair of shoes .I always feel more free barefoot or my flops. I have crazy arches in my feet maybe from not wearing shoes much .

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Be careful of the parasite that like to burrow into the soles of your feet and the fungus that like to thrive underneath your toenails

How do you like barefoot now?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ronnie Van Zant the lead singer of Lynard Skynard usually performed onstage barefoot back in the 70's. He thought he sang better barefoot.

Just thought I'd throw in an interesting sidenote. Your post made me think of that.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
haha oh man. Ever since I was kid I've had a foot phobia. Just hearing the word grosses me out completely. I see what you're saying about being one with the earth but I just can't do it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join