It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any of you experiance time to pass quicker as it used to do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It keeps coming back....the moments that I feel that time has passed more quickly as I expected. This is going on for some 18 month's now and I wonder if any of you have the same 'gut' feel.

It is okay if you call me an idiot but If I watch the seconds flipping by on my digital clock I have the notion that it goes a fraction of a second faster than I am customed to. It is more....how should I put it.......'uneasy'.....how the digits change to a new number.

No it is not because of an increase of electrical current because it keeps time pefectly....its a radio-controlled time-keeper.

The time of my digital clock is corrected automaticly. Can it be that analog, non-quarts watches or time keepers are going slow more often?

I am just thinking out loud here, so excuse me if you think it is ridiculous all together.

If time is indeed speeding up, how would time look like if it sped up to infinite?

Any thoughts or affirmation?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Hi,
Could be called 'age'?

Second lline

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I too find time "travelling" much too fast.. more faster then it felt like, a few years ago..

i'm not that old.. 45..? ...

some call it the "Quickining"....

i call it un-fair.. my children are growing up and it seems only a few hours between waking and sleep time for me..

only a few days between week-ends...

only a few months between birthdays...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've had a conjecture about that for quite some time.

I think it has to do with the expansion of the universe / cosmos. Space and time are connected, therefor if space is expanding (and accelerating) as scientists have pointed out, then time is also accelerating.

So, when we are born, our brains lock in to the passage of time as a kind of benchmark in order to correlate our interactions with the world. As we go on through life, time has actually picked up pace and therefor we feel as if time is passing more quickly due to our prior calibration (around birth to a couple years old.)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hi Zatara,

Apologies for my earlier flippant post but age does come into things. I have two kids - before me - when they were young there was what seemed to be an eternity....now they are grown I wonder where the hell all that time went?

As does what you are doing. If I'm doing something enjoyable like creating music I find that it's 02:00 am before I realise it.

And, if in the morning's I'm 'racing against the clock' to get ready for work - time seems to fly.

Conversely, if 'watching' time - then it passes very slowly.

Peace!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
we're getting closer to timewave zero, time is speeding up, you'll also encounter other time-related anomalies like timeshifts, missed time...etc

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I agree, time seems like going a whole lot faster now then it was like 15 years ago

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The older you are the faster it goes by.

The younger you are the slower it goes by.

We was warned this would happen when we complained about being bored in school. We just didn't listen.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ian Xel Lungold went into this a little in one of his lectures on googlevideos. Basicly he said that time isn't actually speeding up, but we're experiencing more in the same ammount of time, so the brain has to do more, giving the effect of time speeding up.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
When i was i kid 15 minutes could last for two days it seemed. Nowdays weeks just fly by! This time going faster is the same for my friends aswell.
Still its only 24 hours each day, i think

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Reply to post by Miracle Man

Yes. That's right. Someone on here explained this in a different thread a while ago. I wish I could search the forums on my phone to give him credit. Hopefully he stops by to take credit for it. Here it goes:

The way he explained it was as a proportional perception of time. When you are 1 year old, one year makes up 100% of your life. When you are two years old one year makes up 50% of your life. When you are 10 years old, one year makes up 10% of your life. And so on. Now let's say you are 50 years old. Now let's look at it. When you were 5 years old, one year was 20% of your life. Now that you are 50, one year is only 2% of your life. So now one year seems a lot shorter to you than it did through your younger years and even your teens. As you get older, one second, one minute, one hour, one day, one season(summer for example), one year all take up less of your life than they used to and so it seems like they are "getting shorter". It is only your perception based on the fact that you have lived the hypothetical 50 years. So imagine it as if you have a footlong sandwich. If you are 6 feet tall and 250lbs that sandwich seems like a decent size to you. Now you grow to 12 feet tall and 500lbs and that sandwich doesn't look so big anymore. Hopefully that makes sense. You're not alone. Most of humanity starts to see years go by "faster" as they get older. Its just a perception. Time is the same and is moving at the same pace it always was.

Not to mention time does not have a physical existence at all. Time is a relative measurement of change of something and then using that measurement (I.e. The vibration in a piece or quartz or the decay of an atom or the rotation and orbit of the Earth) to determine how much other things in the universe change within that measurement. All it does is take the constanly changing state of the planet, humans, stars, etc. and make it all quantifiable.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm 18. And the past year now, I have felt the same thing.. Actually I got very weird, becouse my dad and my mom, said that they felt the time goes faster at the moment. And I thought the same thought you guys have, that older people feels the time go faster becouse of their age.
But then some of my friends began to talk about that it felt like time was speeded up, and I have even seen couple of threads of the same thing as you are asking about.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Time seems to pass faster as we grow older because years and seasons become smaller and smaller chunks of our experienced time....

At age five a year is 20% of your life...a summer seems to last forever.

At age 10 a year is 10% of your life... summer holidays are long and lazy.

At 20 a year is 5% of your life and the summers aren't long enough.

At 50 a year is 2% of your life and the summers soon follow the last.

At 100 a year is 1% of your life and the summer's probably your last so stop bitching and write your Last Will & Testament

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have experienced this. I suspect most have. I think it's called "getting older"

My theory:

when you are young, your reference of time can only be attributed to you memory of life.

Example:

When you are 1 year old, that second year, from age 1 to age 2, seems like a life time....because that time lapse is exactly double your age.

When you are 35 and turn 36, as in my case....well, that year doesn't seem so long.

To tell the truth, I never really noticed the time seemingly moving faster until I got out of high school; then it started "flying" faster and faster.

Also, the old saying "time flies when you are having fun"...well I apply that as well, as the fun didn't start until I got out of high school...or at least that is what I thought back then

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks. That's what I was trying to say. Lol your post was much more organized. I have limited formatting capability on my cellular device

Also just to add, if your friends are also experiencing "time speeding up" its because they are around your same age and would feel the same way for anyone that hadn't thought of that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i personally feel it is going faster, a lot faster. i have a hard time telling what day it is and people think i'm going crazy but i'm not. i'm in my mid 20's and i work 5 days a week, i always think friday is wednesday and can't believe it's friday.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Yeah.

It's called "getting old".

Has this been mentioned, already? Well, it deserves a repeat.

Age. Time. Human. Perception.

ALL in your head.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It might have to do with how much you sleep. When i sleep for 10-12 hours a day for a few nights then the days seem like they flew by. but if i only sleep for about 6 hours a day then time seems to run slower. Times not actually changing but how much of it you experience does.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
its called being in teh final calendar round (last 52 years) of the mayan calendar

they called this period "no time"- time would spin faster and faster

until....

that is what is happening now, some are aware of it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join