It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Aliens and What could Really be Happening

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
True-seer, first let me say that I have nothing but respect for you and your posts, your opinions, and your right to hold them. Please do not read any enmity whatsoever toward you or your posts into my words.

With that said, you must understand that a lot of people here have done a lot of thorough reading and lay-research into these phenomena and stories too, but have reached completely different conclusions based on their evidence (or, in many cases, lack thereof.) You must also be tolerant of their different interpretations of reality if you're serious about your message being taken seriously. And those interpretations will include fellow "believers" who simply see what they perceive as the reality of alien visitation to Earth differently than you do, as well as skeptics (such as myself) and pseudo-skeptics.

Now, it bears pointing out as well that there is a huge misconception between the true definition of skepticism, and its common interpretation. Most people think being a skeptic means to not believe in something, or to be an active proponent of disbelief in a given phenomenon, hypothesis, story, etc. That isn't true. Being a skeptic simply means not accepting something as factual without proof, including the assertion that something isn't true. In other words, a skeptic cannot honesty or with integrity tell you, "Everything you have said is wrong and you are a fool to believe it" as a statement of fact unless they have proof of that fact. All they can say is, "In the absence of conclusive proof, you could be wrong, or you could be right." They might also, based on evidence they've seen or not seen, say, "I have seen no evidence that anything you're saying is true or accurate." That isn't a personal attack. It's just a statement of fact consistent with skepticism. You have to be prepared to accept those kinds of statements if you're at all serious about your intended message being taken seriously.

You must also understand that many members here have been through this same scenario many, many times in the past here on ATS. With particular reference to disclosure, there have been countless threads claiming that official disclosure will occur on a specific date or within a certain time frame. Every one of these thus far, with the exception of course of those rare few with dates still set in the distant future, have been false. With reference to other predictions pertaining to tumultuous and world changing events (with very, very rare exceptions,) there have been threads beyond reckoning that have all also turned out to be false. So you must be tolerant and understanding of long term members here being extremely reluctant to place any faith in your claim without irrefutable proof.

That doesn't mean they're "one of those damn skeptics who refuse to believe in anything," because as explained above, that isn't what being a skeptic really even means. It just means that they are being a good skeptic. Skepticism isn't a negative or blinding stance, nor does it mean one has been blinded by lies or misinformation, because a true skeptic does not accept anything as fact (official or otherwise) without proof.

It can be healthy and stimulating to engage in skepticism even with regard to deeply held beliefs. For example, with regard to anything you believe - whether it's the topics discussed in this thread or not - ask yourself: where does your information come from? Do you have proof that those sources are absolutely, irrefutably accurate and reliable? Have you seen that proof yourself? Is there any other possible explanation? If so, is there any evidence at all to support those alternative explanations?

As you can see, skepticism means keeping an open mind to possibilities, while simply being aware, observant, and keen to not accept anything blindly without proof. That is the antithesis of being blinded.

Now, in keeping with skepticism, all I can say about your opening post is this: You may be right, and you may be wrong. I have no conclusive proof to determine which will be the case at this time. That is the only wholly factual statement I can make.

I can make a statement of opinion, however, as follows: Hopefully time and greater knowledge will remedy the aforementioned lack of evidence, and we will know one way or another whether you are correct. In my opinion, it seems unlikely, but I could be wrong.

I can further make a statement of feeling as follows: I personally would like nothing better than for extraterrestrial, interdimensional, or intra-temporal entities to reveal their prescience to us, and to have a positive impact on our existence and ways. I have longed for that since I was a child. I don't feel that such an event is imminent, however, or that it will occur - if it ever does, or even can - in my life time. I have read about some (arguable) evidence that such entities may have, at some time, had contact with human beings via various scenarios. I have no way of knowing whether that is actually the case or not, as I have never witnessed such a scenario personally. I have had some experiences I cannot explain that some have proposed such scenarios as explanations for. Again though, I don't know whether that's the case or not at all.

Notice how nothing in that constitutes a personal attack? (I ask that of those opposing you as well, not just you. All we have to do is separate statements of fact from statements of opinion, belief, and feeling and we can have discourse on any topic, no matter how fanciful or seemingly improbable without hostility.)

My two cents.

[edit on 4/22/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I hope you do not beleive the aliens have our best intreasts at heart and will protect the human race from any dangers.In reallity the aliens put more importance on themselfs and the many bases they have built around the world.The aliens would not even care if up to six billion humans died in some apoculiptic disaster.The aliens already know if something like that happened the human race on this planet would still survive in bases underground built by the aliens and the United States goverment.The United States goverment is now perpared for any type of disaster or alien invasion and have thousands of people safe underground in bases and even on other planets.The main perpose of the new world order is to aliminate the majoroty of the human race over a period of years in different ways by changing the worlds weather to make it look like it was all caused by nature but we all know better than that.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Now From what my understandings are,We are being protected by these aliens and they will not come down with us untill we collectivly as a planet want them to...May 6th is the date of the Disclosure Lets just hope it goes ahead and we find ot the secrets and let it enlighten us.

Just wondering: How sure are you about this particular date, May 6th and where dit you find this information ???

[edit on 23-4-2010 by dannymh]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Frankly, I do not believe a Moderator would be removing links to wikipedia, there's very little on wikipedia that could break the ATS terms and conditions and the only wiki links I can think of are in no way relative to ATS anyway.

Originally posted by True-seer
Well its time to say my Farewell till the 6th of may when i will be back to gloat i was right or in the small offchance it doesnt happen then i will get on my knees and let you Decapitate me......Gday

Why have you been responding since this statement? You're undermining your believability, saying one thing, then retrospectively altering it, making claims, then saying they're feelings/intuitions... and now telling an untruth, saying goodbye until the 6th and then coming in again - you are aware of the definition of lying?

Wiki: Definition of lying.

Again, I ask you to show the links to your "research" - I know I've embedded mine - you don't even need to do that, just copy paste them, we can all get through it easily enough that way.

Again, with your reticence to actually show the research you claim to have done I call Hoax on your OP.

I'd also ask any mods to state if they've removed links, although I do believe that when things like that happen there is a "banner" of sorts - like the one on your post stating "Comment removed - Violation".

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think when we die aliens are special keepers of the spirit world after death known to us as the angels. While the aliens interacting with the shadow gov are the demons. It would explain why aliens are not fully clear to us.

Any alien who would reveal themselves to an underground scientist in a government base is not a real alien at all, the bible book and many non bible scripture tells us that human and alien underground bases will be destroyed.

If us specially selected humans in the government work with aliens, they are clearly not alien no matter what these alien species tell them from what they know.

Any alien that works with a human is a demon.

These demons are like robots completing tasks awaiting the trial from the angels of what they have done, the demons constantly switch from the earth plane to the next once they are told to clear the planet of a new earth world that is placed for us man.

Our world will never get better because these demons are placed here altering our alternative reality. But the hope is it will get better once they leave the planet and allow man to reach for the stars again, literally.

We humans don't have any technology to reach the stars but NASA. NASA plans for space travel later in the years, it wont happen because the demons never wanted this and will prevent it by any way or form. This is how the demons perform tasks.

I'm not saying that all aliens are angels and demons either.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by ShuGodofAir]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Final Solstice
reply to post by Stormwind™

What does running and fitness have to do with Stephen Hawkins first off, or science in general? Your analogy makes no sense.

Now while I do agree that spelling errors do not determine an individuals degree of knowledge on certain topics, I do feel it is correct to call this subject out on it coupled with his lack of evidence for his bogus claims.

now thats interesting - your claim of bogus claims is based on what fact exactly. That he posted here and its all crap because everyone says it is lol. Sorry the "because i say so" defence is not allowed to be used after the age of 10 lol. Sorry dude but your doing exactly what he is. "I say its crap lets hang him" The truth is - after the date May 6, we will know. Then we hang him lol. To do so before - without any proof is just opinion - not I am afraid fact.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
6th of May?

Isn't that the day after our general election? Are you saying E.T life will be disclosed? Or is that the day the new British government will be disclosed?

Or both?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I completely agree that something major is about to be disclosed and i believe that as a result of this the general dynamic of the world is going to change however i think the GFL ARE nothing more than a bunch of people who want something to believe in so badly that they are willing to make it up as they go along a bit like scientology however that is just my personal opinion im sure u can make up your own mind.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

The major reason for inferring that the OPs claims are untrue is because it was stated in the OP that there was a large amount of research done, personally I've made numerous requests for this, elaborating on how this can be done and trying to help the OP in showing the research.

The OP has failed to do this, states he will not be around until the 6th or later and then continues to pop up on this thread making comments.

Whilst I do think there's plenty at work out there we don't know about and the possibilities of that are fairly limitless, in this case it seems the OP is taking us for a ride. Personally I don't know if I'd be satisfied with Wiki links for research, but I would like to read them and make up my own mind, the OP fails or refuses to provide them which leads this whole debacle of a thread and the OP into disrepute.

I would infer that the OP is a Hoaxer/liar - not because his tale is outlandish, but because they make claims to easily verifiable things (the actual act of the research) that are not being presented. Personally I'm guessing that no research was done at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Maybe something is being lost in translation. In the UK, when someone comes out with something, that someone else does not believe and they give no proof, or say they cant we say - oooooooooooh come on please. We dont usually tend to be soooo aggressive demanding needy. If they wont tell we say oh ok then whatever and leave it at that.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I am from the UK and fluent in the English language, if that bears relevance.

I've not been aggressive, demanding or needy - if you care to reread my post above yours you might see that - if you care to read all my posts in this thread you might notice that I've attempted to support the OP by encouraging them to share the research they claimed to have done.

Now the quality of that research is neither hear nor there at the moment as it is not being shared, leading to the conclusion that there isn't actually any, this does ATS and its contributors (and lurkers) a disservice to be lied to. It's a simple matter to post theories and ideas, one that is totally different to posting Truth and Fact. Perhaps have a quick mooch through the Hoax forum for clarification on this.

It's all well and good to wag your finger at me, it's even more amusing when you've contributed little more to this thread than booing and yaying as if it were pantomime. Your comments seem to indicate support for the OP - which is good, perhaps though it might be more useful of you to do research to support him and present it here rather than an imitation of a Jeremy Kyle audience member?

I do believe that there's been an increase in natural events/disasters over the past decade or so, there could be many reasons for that - including advances in monitoring these events or simply the fact that news-media is so much more attainable and we can easily know what's happening on the other side of the world.

I do also believe there's been an increase in socio-political events along these lines, I feel the world is headed towards some sort of major-upheaval - that is why I was attracted to this thread in the first place and was eager to see someone's research into it, where's the trouble in that being presented?

Originally posted by Stormwind™
In the UK, when someone comes out with something, that someone else does not believe and they give no proof, or say they cant we say - oooooooooooh come on please. We dont usually tend to be soooo aggressive demanding needy. If they wont tell we say oh ok then whatever and leave it at that.

Clearly you've not been watching any of the recent political debates, or the news at all then?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I won't believe these galactic federation of light until I show true evidence they are not from this Earth. I am sick of the Paledians who say they are here too "help" us. I am thinking this is just another group learning from Charles Manson and when 2012 approaches they will visit the Mayan temples and commit a mass suicide or something. Cults got to hate 'em.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
I think you're high on wishful thinking. Try getting outside for a while, go to a strip joint and have a couple of tequila's, and I don't mean the stripper by that name. You've done the opposite of what the skeptics have done, you've left your mind so wide open that your brain is threatening to fall out. It's not fatal, but you do need a shot of everyday reality to put you right again.

This^

Man, go outside and get some sunshine. Hit up a strip joint like warpcrafter said. Head out to the lake and drink some cold beers and have a BBQ.
Go fishing.

Next thing you know you'll be waiting for the comet to pick you up with a cup of kool-aid in your hand.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I understand where you're coming from but I think you may want to strike a balance.

Posting on ATS isn't like publishing an article in a science journal. Immediately jumping on someone for not having their exact research documented and footnoted can take away from the purpose of this site...which is mostly info-tainment.

I know your thing is credibility, but get on with it. This is a web forum. Although I take the topics seriously, a number of topics discussed here will not allow for quantitative measurement and a bibliography.

This thread is in the Predictions and Prophecies forum...not hard science. I think you're missing the point. Predictions and Prophecies can't be a hoax by definition. Understand?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Damn, was gonna say change your avatar, but decided I like reading your posts in The Dude's voice... try reading my post with a Lance Henriksen voice in your head - for the lulz.

I'm not sure, but I don't think this thread started in this Forum - I could be wrong though.

I do understand and agree (to a point) with what you're saying, but claiming research and reproducing it, especially cut/paste of wiki links is too easy not to bother doing.

As I've stated, I'm very interested in this sort of thing, the hole's have been pointed out, but the OP pops back to make more.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I've always felt that in my lifetime, I'm 40, that we will see the universe for all that it is. We will meet people from other planets and there has to be a better life then the one here on earth that revolves around money and greed....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I think you might be right though on the forum.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyFever

Yeh well i`m taking notes here and lets just say i make another thread about the many things i know i`ll make sure i dont post a link to the evidence i`ll do my best to Post in as i start the thread.

If you have any guidelines you think i should add when making a topic like this or any other pls sayt so. would help me alot.

I`m a little new to this and i got stressed so i stopped answering questions.

This is for both you and Jokie to answer.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Everybody is entitled to an opinion but it doesnt say anywhere we have to agree on it

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Three Prophecies that will come to pass, dont ask me how I know, just remember them.

1 The Sun,

the reactivity of our Sun Increases to a level not seen before.

2 The disaster,

an explosion occurs in the upper atmosphere, the blast wave generated by this explosion descends to the earth surface and kills numbers equivalent to the detonation of a nuclear device.

3 The coming of the arks,

People have seen circular, triangular, spherical and cigar UFOs however many people all over this earth will see large black/grey rectangular craft shortly. These craft are huge in size, have two strips of circular lights running across and parallel with the longest side of the rectangle (I think two strips of 6 lights). They are not from this earth and the occupants will make no effort to hide their presence. They will interact with humans, at this point I'm not sure if they are friendly or not.

Cant give dates but will all have occurred before 7 years pass

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join