It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the rokurokubi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
hello ats i found a really neat, scary story and i was wondering if these creatures could be real

heres the story and a link

The Rokurokubi
It was August in the year 2009. I was lying in my bed asleep, having a nice dream about something or other, when I woke up suddenly for no apparent reason. My bed was situated so that my head was facing out a window and my feet were facing out the doorway, which is totally against the laws of feng shui. I also sleep with the door to my room open so that I can see out into the hallway.

I looked out into the hallway and saw what looked like my dad. It was wearing a gray jersey, white pants, and sandals and socks. It just walked straight past my room, completely ignoring me. As it walked, its neck grew longer and longer and longer! And its neck went all squiggly, sort of like a snake. I didn't get a good look at its face, but it looked to me like a male with black hair cut in a bowl-like shape around its head.

After that, I got really freaked out screamed a prayer and switched on the light... and it just disappeared into thin air.

I have lately come to know about Japanese creatures called rokurokubi. They look like ordinary humans in the day, but at night they have the ability to grow their necks to insane lengths. Apparently, some of them are very evil and like to drink human blood. I'm glad I left a Srimad Bhagavatam open next to my bed (it's sort of like the Hare Krishna version of the Bible. It stops evil spirits from coming into my room. It doesn't help that much, though; they just stare in from outside.

the rest of the story is here
paranormal.about.com...

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
the whole time i was reading this story i could imagine this things wandering around my house,
the descriptipn also reminds me of a monster on the evil dead 2 or was it the first one? whichever had the old lady demon in the cellar

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
this story gave me chills! This exact thing has happened to me!

A long time ago, I had a room in which my feet faced toward the door and I kept the door open so I could see into the hallway. One night in this house, I awoke in the middle of the night. I had a nightlight at the time, so I could see my surroundings, albeit dimly.

So I wake up, and look into the hallway, and see a person crawling on the ground in the hallway towards my room! He looks up at me, smiles, and then puts a finger up to his mouth as in to say, "shhhh."

I screamed my head off! I immediately ran to my parents room and told them, they said it was probably my brother trying to scare me. Turns out his door was closed the entire time and he was in his room.

One of the scariest events of my life for sure.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

I was lying in my bed asleep, having a nice dream about something or other, when I woke up suddenly for no apparent reason.

I think you were still waking up & were not full conscious so your mind was filling in the situation like dreams do.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Rokurokubi on wiki

Weird indeed, Japan seems to have quite a selection of ghost types.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

ive had things happen like that before their called entities, your half asleep but your awake as well and your mind brings up images that you think you see, so dont freak out and remember that the next timei t happens, still freaks me out everytime

but yeah i can definetley see how this story can give someone the chills
it sure gave them to me

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hmm... that is a very fascinating tale. Can a creature like that exist? If a humanoid creature, one that looked identical to a Homo sapien, existed then documenting it would be difficult. What would stop anyone from simply classifying it as human? As for the long neck I would assume that for such a thing to be physically possible would involve a very complicated skeletal structure. Not only would the extra vertebrae need to be tucked in... someplace... they would need to be "untucked" on demand. I am guessing the extra muscles required for movement (you did mention the extended neck moved) would make it more complicated to hide... unless the creatures have a back hump.

Perhaps their necks could simply be built like the body of a snake... but there would still be the matter of hiding that. There is very little room in the human thoracic cavity (chest) for that.

Again, documentation is important. Document the creature and submit the findings for scientific review... capturing a live one would be even better.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by aletheia]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by aletheia

it would be an incredible find to capture and document these kind o creatures, but being that they are humanoids and probably speak, and think as such they wouldnt be too happy about it

ive read somewhere that some of them are people like me or you but have no idea that they area rokurokubi at night

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
ive red somewhere that the rokurokubi were once bhudists in a past life that broke a major rule

oh heres some info
www.statemaster.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
so heres another question, if this story is true, and the rokurokubi exist, then...what are they doing in new zealand as this story states? could they be among us in america? how about europe? australia? china?
what do you guys think? has anyone ever met or seen a rokurokubi?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
ive heard they like to drink the blood of the living, could they be a japenese take on vampires?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

your encounter sounds alot like sleep paralysis, i have a thread about it, you should check it out, its titled sleep paralu=ysis and shadow things

top topics

join