It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lady Gaga Cult

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBarrelMan

O please, not that site again.

The creator of that site just graduated from his community college with a degree in symbols, now he sees them everywhere.

That site has no evidence behind it. People see what they wanna see.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i can't be too critical of the Lady Gaga fans. When I watched my first Shania Twain video, it took me three times before I realized she was singing!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

I liked his article on Denver International. But now I realize he is a nutter. Why do so many people think "entertainers" are part of the NWO or Illuminati or whatever?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

But Gaga looks like Marilyn Manson

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I like Gaga. I think she's hot. I don't really care if anyone else likes her music though.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Truth1000

But Gaga looks like Marilyn Manson

Yes she does, but there is nothing wrong with Manson. I actually like some of his songs.

More then lady gagas.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

its media/entertainment! It makes billions of dollars every year. Of course they have to be run by a group from the tptb! Cult of Dionysus or something like that?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Have people suddenly forgotten how pop music works or something? People act like it's a huge conspiracy that a pop star got famous, people like the music, then buy tickets and merchandise. What's the huge mystery here?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

Oh I agree. Manson actually has talent.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Shania has talent.

She can sing, too!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Have people suddenly forgotten how pop music works or something? People act like it's a huge conspiracy that a pop star got famous, people like the music, then buy tickets and merchandise. What's the huge mystery here?

The real conspiracy is that ATS is full of closet lady gaga fan boys.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

The real conspiracy is that ATS is full of closet lady gaga fan boys.

Is it shameful to like Lady Gaga? The wife wanted me to hear her stuff and to me it sounded a lot like eastern-European pop from about a decade ago.

There actually IS a conspiracy about Lady Gaga that I've heard from industry insiders. But until I can confirm or deny it I'll keep it under wraps.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Is it shameful to like Lady Gaga?

Not at all but if you say you like lady gaga you are being honest. When people keep listening to her videos,posting them and talking at lengh about her they really start sounding like closet fans.
"i was watching her video on youtube and i can't stand her stuff"
Im just wondering why do you (not you but people who post stuff like that) keep listening to stuff you can't stand?
Truth is i do not really care about lady gaga and have never heard her music because i do not listen to radio stations that play that and i do not watch any kind of music television.
it is simmialr to
"I hate twilight i read all the booke and saw it in theater, how could all these sheeple get into that sort of thing."

[edit on 20-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Not at all but if you say you like lady gaga you are being honest. When people keep listening to her videos,posting them and talking at lengh about her they really start sounding like closet fans.
"i was watching her video on youtube and i can't stand her stuff"
Im just wondering why do you (not you but people who post stuff like that) keep listening to stuff you can't stand?

I gotcha. Sounds like people are uncertain as to whether it's shameful to like Lady Gaga or not and are playing it safe. I heard one of her songs and thought it was a great pop song. The other stuff was a little too "circa 2000 eastern euro-pop" as I had said and didn't care much for it. But come on, if you like a song, you like it. Why be ashamed of it? Feh - closet fans.....

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

But come on, if you like a song, you like it. Why be ashamed of it? Feh - closet fans..

I believe they think they are more of an "idividual" and not a "sheep" if they are just another person saying "how crappy todays pop music is" rather than being another person saying that they like something that a lot of people like.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

People like to pretend they are individuals and act as though they do not like a certain type of music.

I am no fan of most of today's music, but I do find some of the music catchy.

Being catchy doesn't make it good, just something I can listen.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I believe they think they are more of an "idividual" and not a "sheep" if they are just another person saying "how crappy todays pop music is" rather than being another person saying that they like something that a lot of people like.

Yep. Hipster's disease.

It's only cool if you and your best friend know about it. Once Billy Finnegan down the street gets into it, it sucks.

Hipster nerds are the worst, man.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Gaga? Really? Gaaag!!! If you want a real cult leader, I vote for the greatest metal frontman to ever exist, Lemmy Killmeister of Motorhead!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Lady Gaga, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Religion, Backstreet Boys, NSync, all examples of people(s) with a cult like fan group. Eventually it will pass, but I will say I am also a Gaga fan..though not obssesed.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I thought this was going to be about freemasonry symbols or something. There is a guy who did a whole breakdown of "Poker Face" as some kind of freemason ritual. Gratned, that's a bit nuts. He also thinks Beyonce is in the order of the baphemot (sp?) and Eminem is possessed by a demon called "rain man".

All nuts, but that would have been a bit more interesting than the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join