It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lady Gaga Cult

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Is anyone else noticing a cult forming?
Lady Gaga fans are actually on the brink of mental insanity.

I was in a discussion with someone who bought 3 tickets for themselves.
I know people who have gone to the same concert 5 times.

They seem to go nuts when someone says her music sucks.

I dont know what shes doing to make these people go mad but i know someone personally (my sister) who actually dresses like her, buys everything she sells, goes to every concert, and goes into a rage if you insult her.

I know fans will be fans but Lady Gaga fans just seem like there under a trance.

Scary.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I know fans will be fans but Lady Gaga fans just seem like there under a trance.

Scary.

I know im getting sick of it it seems like everyday there is a new lady gaga thread. ATS plays more of her crap than MTV. For the ammount of people here that "don't like" lady gaga i have to say you can find out more about her than anywhere else. It looks like she has a fan club here on ATS.
"yeah i got her album, not because i like it because i want to find the hidden illuminati stuff in it"
you lady gaga fans crack me up

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You'll get used to it. She will most likely stay popular for a while and soon her image will die out. Trust me! Numerous times the music industry has seen acts like hers and they're popularity has died out. Remember when Marilyn Manson was feared by every Christian parent? Now he's a crack addict.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If lady gaga is a cult leader, the we as part of the 21st century should be embarrassed.

I mean 70's get Jim Jones and we get Lady Gaga. Kinda not fair.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

Agreed! I would love to be apart of the KISS army.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Lady Gaga didn't make them insane, they were insane before, and insane for the next person..... because wearing a globe on your head in a judy jetson silver outfit is whats cool these days.... yeah, that's cool now..... shoot me.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
And the 80s had Madonna. Nobody killed themselves or hurt anyone else in the name of Madonna. Bashing Gaga is the in thing to do...

Having a cult following does not make one a cult leader.

Cult following:

A cult following is used to refer to a small or large group of fans that are either somewhat or highly dedicated to a specific area of pop culture. A film, book, computer game, video game, TV series, comic strip, anime, manga, cartoon, actor, actress, author, etcetera, will be said to "have a cult following" when it has a small but very passionate fan-base. A common component of cult followings is the "emotional ownership" and attachment fans have with the object of the cult following, often identifying themselves and other fans as members of a community of fans. While the definitions differ, cult followings are often associated with niche markets and/or subcultures.

SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org...

What's your cult? Mine is the band Tool.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't understand the mindset..
Why buy 3 tickets for yourself and keep them?
What does that acheive?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
No bigger fans than what the Beatles had in the 60's or Madonna's fans from the 80's.

Both these examples had full merchandising from doll's to clothes to anything that would make money.

Lady Gaga is just the latest multimedia star. Wait until she does movies...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
[edit on 20-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
While I try not to listen to her songs at all once I heard them playing anywhere, I have found myself humming to some of her songs randomly throughout the day even if I have not heard the song for days. I feel like her whole ra ra ra ra ram thing is more like a hymn to summon something unworldly and it gives me the chills when I hear it.

There's a bunch of videos linking her to satanic symbolism on youtube.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Her act will get old soon no worries.

The people are fickle and will drop her quick.

There is always someone new and fresh, who is willing to be a total complete freak publicly.

The freaks of tomorrow will put Gaga out of business, just like Gaga put some previous freak show out of business.

Oh they make music? I could have swore this was just a freak show thing...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yah..she will fade into obscurity pretty soon. Don't get worked up from the mania that has consumed our culture..i have personally always viewed her as a cheap, copy and paste, utterly devoid of any talent version of Björk.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I gotta admit, I can see how this is some kind of strange ritual.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Another huge ego and another group of sheep following it. Same thing different person. Back in my school days it was spice girls, backstreet boys and whatever other generic, recycled, overly compressed, computer processed crap they call music on most MTV type outlets.

This is an example of possessed sheeple, screaming at another person because they are on a screen. In slow motion... hahaha good old cveitch.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ia, Ia, Gaga Fhtagn!

I've discovered that her music's actually not terrible if you don't have to look at her. This could also be evidence that she's doin' somethin' to our minds.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
This could also be evidence that she's doin' somethin' to our minds.

Something like incorporating pleasant beats and rhythms into her music...How someone that went to NYU's college of musical arts could create likable music is beyond me

She has written songs for Britney Spears, The Pussycat Dolls, New Kids on the Block, Adam Lambert, etc. Is it possible that she simply has her finger on the pulse of America's youth?

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

You'll find this to be interesting, there are more articles on the site about other celebrities too, but the lady gaga articles are pretty interesting!

vigilantcitizen.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The masses follow idiocy, and she's giving them what they want. Just ignore her. She'll fade away into a blip, just like Christina, Britney, and the rest. I really wouldn't be surprised for a sex scandal tape, illegitimate kids, drug addictions, saggy boobs, or the like to come about in the near future. Let this pathetic excuse for a human being run her course. Just ignore the idiocy.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Fad, fad, fad.

Just like Frank Sinatra, Elvis, The Beatles, Madonna, Menudo, New Kids on the Block, NSync, Backstreet Boys, Hannah Montana, and whichever "pop star" you want to list, they will fade as soon as the people behind the marketing machine start losing money.

I think people forget that most of these "pop stars" are just faces. They don't write the songs, don't play the instruments, can't sing (on stage it's lip synced and in the studio, it's ProTools), don't concept, shoot or produce their videos or other multimedia projects.

They are products, usually under contract with the Disney Corporation since they were kids (I pointing at you Britanny Spears, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilara and Miley Cyrus, etc.). They're formed, created and molded to fit a marketing concept. When it fails we call them a one-hit-wonder. When it succeeds, they're a "pop superstar".

Throw it all away and go down to your local live music outlet and check some real music, whether its blues, hip-hop, metal, or just rock.

"Hot Punk, Cool Funk, Even if its Old Junk, It's still Rock 'N Roll to me"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join