It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lady Gaga Cult

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I do not think it is a cult I just think some people have become obsessed with her and though I think she is a talentless nobody I am not qualified to know talent in the pop context as I cannot stand the genre. The day I heard my 20 year old daughter singing “I wanna ride on your disco stick” was the day lady gaga became something for me to grind my teeth in annoyance to whenever I hear her nonsensical caterwauling.

However the young obviously lap it right up as it seems to excite something within them so I would think she just has a great marketing team behind her and her franchise seems to be on the up and up. I did read some months ago that she was pleading poverty so perhaps she is being played just as hard as her audience?

Lady Gaga: I'm broke!

Twenty years ago I once insulted Freddie Mercury in jest just to get a rise out of a particularly annoying fan of his who would never stop playing his music. This fans response was to threaten to stab me so I think that some people just let all reason leave them and they are simply happy to dive headlong into celebrity worship.

I never got it myself but then I have always been a little weird anyway

Personally I think Gaga is talentless and not worthy of creating a cult over but I am 43 so I have no sense of her allure – and I am very happy about that.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
lady gaga atleasts is "different" and this is good these days,couse every sheeple hate the different people,but the different people are the coolests.
rihanna is just for the "cool schoool girls" rihana sux XD
anyway i realy like some of the gagas songs,i dont know if its the illuminati brain control or not,but theyr really catchy

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Actually, these days its the opposite. It is the weird people who get the most attention. It is cool to be an individual these days... which of course means dressing like an individual. Which means everyone shows up wearing the same stuff again.

It is a terrible circle.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A cult? For real? ...for real????

Have you used twitter or any other form of social media lately? Have you seen the posts people like Kim Kardashian or Nicole Ritchie get about how some people model their lives after them or look up to them as if they're family?

This is not a cult. This is not even abnormal anymore. This happens to countless celebrities and as asinine as it is, it's just the way some people choose to live their lives. They think the music "speaks to them" on other levels or they just identify so heavily with these people that they almost begin to idolize them.

Sad, but true...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Maybe I'm just out of touch, but I feel like the cult of the music star in general is a dying phenonenon. Ten years ago there was even more hand-wringing about Brittney Spears; twenty years ago Madonna made even more of an impact, and so on. Gaga is the latest iteration, but each "new version" seems weaker and shorter-lived.

The old-school musicians like the Beatles or the Rolling Stones kept close control over their own music to a greater extent than the current crop of pop stars...these people are kept on a much shorter leash by their managers and producers, and they have a much shorter shelf-life, too. Probably goes along with the general fraying of the attention span. Moreover, the whole music industry is dying with MP3s, YouTube, file sharing, torrents, etc...its just not possible to extract as much cash as it was in the days of vinyl records and fan magazines.

Everything in the music world is much more diffuse, more ephemeral these days. The "stars" grow dimmer each year.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There is something strange about that person. I am not too sure that she is in fact a SHE. Hell, she could in fact be an Alien.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f960aa125fa.gif[/atsimg]

No Ma'am is keeping an eye on this "lady" Gaga

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbf7240bc9ad.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't really pay much attention to the celebrity scene, and had no idea lady gaga was so big on a global scale until a few days ago.

BUT, where I go to school, we do have our lady gaga fans. To be completely honest I think it's pathetic. But I just don't value to idea of an idol, unless it's someone trying to be a role model for children. lady gaga is not a role model.

From what i've noticed about her fans here at my rural town college in pennsylvania, is that her fans are among the less intelligent people i know. Which makes sense to me, idiocy is easy to follow.

It's not so much that I hate lady gaga, I jsut hate her persona, whether it's actually her or not. I have a very broad range of music and listen to pop rock rap classical etc. so i am not biased towards any specific genre at all. But I have NO respect for musicians who write about drugs, sex, clubs, etc.

I also have no respect for her idea of clothing. They say she's expressing herself through her fashion. Um, no. I don't believe what you wear is an expression of yourself at all. Music? Yes, you can put words to a solemn instrument track to release an emotion or message.

Anyway, she's useless, and I can't wait to see her die out.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
LadyGaGa- I think she is ridiculous.

I see no art in her just trash. :dw:

BUT I like the song bad romance!-
LOL
other than that, she's disposable.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join