It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admiral Byrd / Antarctic Mystery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Ingo Swann wrote about the "twins" that looked, from his description, like "The Russian" in the movie "The Punisher". I have always wondered if Axelrod was an operative for a group affiliated with the Nazi's.

Of course, if you buy into Protoplasmic Travellers theories (which most do, to one degree or another), then the link becomes obvious. It is interesting that they were seeding the "Master Race", when you hear some of the more recent reports.

BTW, if you like watching video's and want to download just about any video, get Firefox and intsall the DownloadHelper add on. You can download any "tube" site (Youtube, Break, all those) as well as music from sites like Playlist.com. You can also download from most movie sites. Most of this is something you should only do if you are immune from licensing laws....but i am just sayin that there are tools out there you can use other than just using Veoh content.

Heck you can even use a freeware software that is similar to Camtasia and just record it via screencapture/recording through the microphone.
"Vee have vays of getting our wideo"

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What is interesting about Charles Hapgood's theory is that he sent a few letters to Einstein who pretty much said that Hapgood was onto something. From the book "The Atlantis Blueprint" i will present to you all the two areas where Einstein had written to Hapgood.

Pg 10-11
Before the quote below, Hapgood was fascinated with Wegener's Hypthesis of Continental Drift which you can find out more here
ancienthistory.about.com...

Wegener's Hypothesis, as it was known, was presented to the academic world in 1915 in a book called The Origin of the Continents and Oceans12. It encountered furious resistance, and was widely ridiculed. What, his colleagues wanted to know, had riven the continents apart? Why should they drift apart when the surface of the earth is obviously solid? Wegener's reply was along the same lines as Sclater's observations on Lemuria in the 1850s: there were similar rock strata and fossils in both Africa and South America. That, said his opponents, was coincidence.

Wegener struggled on, aware that he had lost the battle, and by 1930 his theory had been generally rejected. He went on a final expedition to Greenland, where he met his death from a heart attack induced by overexertion. His theory was promptly forgotten.

Goes on to talk about Wegener's theory

In 1952, Hapgood was in effect re-examining the Wegener Hypothesis - with one important difference. Unlike Wegener, Hapgood had a clear idea of what might cause continental drift: the mass of polar ice. He decided to try to enlist support of the most famous living scientist, Albert Einstein. Hapgood had written to him before, with some questions about the nature of the expanding universe, and Einstein had replied. Hapgood wrote again, this time asking whether Einstein thought that radioactive elements such as radium might be built up in the earth's crust from simpler elements because of the enormous pressures.

Although his reply has been lost, Einstein seems to have shown interest, for, on 15 November 1952, two weeks afte4r his first letter, Hapgood was sending him a lengthy memorandum about the forces exerted by the earth's crust. He made one comment that would be central to his whole theory. Noting the size of the last great American ice sheet known as the Wisconsin, Hapgood pointed out that if it had extended as far north as the present north pole, its weight would have been so great that it would have pulled the globe sideways. The answer, Hapgood thought, was that the north pole was not then in its present position, but further south in Hudson bay.

Einstein immediately grasped the essence of the rather diffuse memorandum, he replied nine days later (24 November 1952),13 remarking that he had once read a popular article suggesting that an irregular mass of ice at the poles could cause the earth's crust to slip. And he advised Hapgood that in his opinion, 'a careful study of this hypothesis is really desirable'.

Author goes on to say that with encouragement from einstein he begin his theory on the earth's shifting crust. He sent Einstein the first chapter of his book titled "The Ice Age" and goes on to say that most of the world at one point, 800 million years ago was covered almost completly by Ice.

All of this is very interesting and is the start to give us an idea how Antarctica could have possibly have been 15 degrees higher, meaning it would have not been covered by ice around 10,000 years ago before the pole shift happened. If a sudden pole shift change happened around 10,000 years ago and Atlantis was Antarctica, the whole continent could have been quickly covered with water.

If Atlantis was Antarctica, i think this could help explain some of the curious things in South America, especially Machu Pichu and the white gods of mesoamerica possibly. I will continue the next part where einstein is discussed in this book in the next post.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Ingo Swann wrote about the "twins" that looked, from his description, like "The Russian" in the movie "The Punisher". I have always wondered if Axelrod was an operative for a group affiliated with the Nazi's.

Are you talking about the twins from my Olmec post? I am not familiar with Ingo Swann and sadly have no idea what you are talking about, no offense! I am a big torrent user and found veoh a great site for documentaries. I love that google videos now allows you to download videos directly from the site! I would get stuff from youtube but i am too lazy to download multiple parts, but i should be doing that since entire movies are being posted on youtube. I actually watched "They Live" a few weeks ago on youtube.. thank god for google! Thanks for the suggestions, the interwebs are awesome :-D

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Maybe none of these Bible "verses" mean anything anyway.

Who even knows where those books came from. The writers haven't been figured out for sure anyway, right?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
My father was stationed there for years, and Ive been several times.

Beautiful place. OT I know, but I thought Id share it anyway.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
My father was stationed there for years, and Ive been there several times.

Beautiful place. OT I know, but I thought Id share it anyway.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Goethe]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
If Atlantis was Antarctica, i think this could help explain some of the curious things in South America, especially Machu Pichu and the white gods of mesoamerica possibly. I will continue the next part where einstein is discussed in this book in the next post.

It is interesting that Antarctica has a large amount of coal, and that means at some point it was covered with lush vegitation.

Throw in the driest place on earth with no rain fall up to millions of years. You can even walk about and find iron meteors laying on the surface. Now with such an unchanged environment I wonder what else is sitting in pristine state for millions of years….

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
To Beastmaster:-

ATLANTIS
-------------

The only documented evidence of mythical Altantis came from Plato, who heard it from the Egyptian priest Solon, who kept hierographic records of an unknown intelligent island eons past.

It was believed that the island sank in a cataylsmic event. Those for anyone else to claim any above surface landmass as Atlantis, they would be refuted by Plato and Solon's account.

So do not be distracted by the search of Atlantis or Hapgoods pole shift theories. Altantis or Antarctica are but names of a location. And Antarctica is a real landmass no one can refute. An enigmatic and isolated landmass with strange going on there and no one is talking, or wants to talk about or just kept in the dark.

HOLLOW EARTH
----------------

Like you, I too do not believe in such theories. But I do believe that natural huge caverns do exists and have the capability to house an entire functioning civilisation.

The German Thuringa has proven even man-made ones are possible. Cheyenne Mountain is another. Some other nations are already working on underground habitations for the increased populations.

So underground bases for living are not far-fetched theories. Hollow Earth theorists may had used the term wrongly. Earth is not hollow as proven by science, but holds large caverns capable of sustainining technologically advanced adoption of living.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am continuing from the book "The Atlantis Blueprint" about hapgood's theory. He continues to talk about how the frozen mammoths from Siberia and how they had suddenly frozen over, some had flowers in their mouth which meant that a sudden weather shift had happened. He mentions that in Siberia a warm day suddenly went to a sub-zero temperature that lasted 15,000 years. Here is where i pick up on page 15:

Hapgood then discussed the mastodon bones found in New York State around 1880, which at the time were assumed to prove that mastodons survived the Ice Age. Subsequent geological studies have proved that, like the Siberian mammoths, they were caught by a sudden drop in temperature, then in the ice sheet that subsequently formed, so the mastodons of North America- as well as bears, horses, giant beavers, deer, caribou, elk and bison - were also overtaken by catastrophe. The basic difference was that Siberia became freezing cold. Why? Because it had moved north.

Einstein read Hapgood's material and replied within five days: 'I find your arguments very impressive and have the impression that your hypothesis is correct. One can hardly doubt that significant shifts of the earth's crust have taken place repeatedly and within a short time.'14 His encouragement led Hapgood to send him more of the typescript. In spring 1954, Einstein supported Hapgood's application for a grant or research appointment at the institute of Advanced Studies at Princeton, where Einstein was based.15 Unfortunately, Robert Oppenheimer, the 'father of the atom bomb', who was an influential member of the committee, opposed Hapgood, and the request was turned down. On 18 May 1954, Einstein wrote to express his sympathy, and perhaps as a consolation prize, sent Hapgood a short introduction to the book that would become Earth's Shifting Crust, probably recognizing that, in the long run, this would be worth more than a grant.

Again, in November 1954, Einstein supported Hapgood's request for a research grant from the Guggenheim Foundation. Once again, it was turned down. The following January, Hapgood and Campbell called on Einstein at Princeton and held a long discussion which Hapgood wrote up into an account that he later sent to Einstein, who agreed that it was accurate, although he asked not to be quoted since his remarks had been made without preparation. Hapgood later reprinted the notes in Earth's Shifting Crust. Campbell was trying to work out the mathematics of how the Antarctica ice cap could cause the earth's crust to fracture. Einstein was totally convinced by Hapgood's geological evidence that the earth's crust could fracture and slide; what he doubted was whether the polar ice cap had anything to do with it, a view that Hapgood had come to share by the time he issued the second edition, The Path of the Pole, in 1970. He simply doubted whether the mass of ice - even when contained in irregular shape like Antarctica - could cause the crust to slip.

OK so here is some evidence from Einstein who supported Hapgood's theory on the shifting poles. If the pole's shifted, like i said before, some of Antarctica would be in warm climate.

If this is the case, why wouldn't there be animals and possibly humans living on Antarctica in the areas that are warm?

In the Secret Land video which was posted earlier, you can clearly see areas of Antarctica that do not have ice on them and you can see mountain ranges. There are also parts of Antarctica that have lakes that are above 32 degrees.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

ATLANTIS
-------------

The only documented evidence of mythical Altantis came from Plato, who heard it from the Egyptian priest Solon, who kept hierographic records of an unknown intelligent island eons past.

It was believed that the island sank in a cataylsmic event. Those for anyone else to claim any above surface landmass as Atlantis, they would be refuted by Plato and Solon's account.

So do not be distracted by the search of Atlantis or Hapgoods pole shift theories. Altantis or Antarctica are but names of a location. And Antarctica is a real landmass no one can refute. An enigmatic and isolated landmass with strange going on there and no one is talking, or wants to talk about or just kept in the dark.

HOLLOW EARTH
----------------

Like you, I too do not believe in such theories. But I do believe that natural huge caverns do exists and have the capability to house an entire functioning civilisation.

The German Thuringa has proven even man-made ones are possible. Cheyenne Mountain is another. Some other nations are already working on underground habitations for the increased populations.

So underground bases for living are not far-fetched theories. Hollow Earth theorists may had used the term wrongly. Earth is not hollow as proven by science, but holds large caverns capable of sustainining technologically advanced adoption of living.

The size that plato describes atlantis almost perfectly matches Antarctica. I have a feeling that it is probably located in the Atlantic, and my post on the Olmec's statue is evidence of it being there, i think, because of the mix of different races that seem to be there. If Atlantis, or whatever continent you want to call it, was in the Atlantic Ocean, the west coast of the would be very close to the Gulf of Mexico. If you look at Google Earth and you see how deep the Gulf of Mexico is at certain parts, you can imagine how the Gulf of Mexico would have looked like if the water levels were about 300 feet lower. All of the light blue areas would have been land and there would have been a small area between the Yucatan peninsula, Florida and Cuba where you could enter the gulf of Mexico. This is very similar to the straights of Gibraltar leading into the Mediterranean sea. If you were to visit from another continent, the furthest point away from the entrance by sea for the Mediterranean would be Israel and Egypt, two of the greatest civilizations. This is similar to the Gulf of Mexico, at the end of the gulf you would have reached the Olmec civilization.

I quickly did a photoshop job to help illustrate my point.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8839b1303df.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see, the green area is added land before "the great flood" or whatever you want to call it. I believe that the sea waters rose and most land around the world was lost. The reason i think that the Olmec site is important is because they were living in an area where very little land was lost compared to the other areas. I don't know exactly what this all means i just find this interesting.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

It is interesting that Antarctica has a large amount of coal, and that means at some point it was covered with lush vegitation.

Throw in the driest place on earth with no rain fall up to millions of years. You can even walk about and find iron meteors laying on the surface. Now with such an unchanged environment I wonder what else is sitting in pristine state for millions of years….

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

I think a lot of the continent was covered with ice for a very long time but i do NOT buy the theory that the whole continent was covered by ice for a million years. I think they are trying to cover up something and say that there is no way there could have been a civilization there. A million years of ice cover basically says that there is nothing interesting here, move along, nothing to see.

Anyways, if an advanced civilization was in Antarctica, possibly Atlantis or whatever, maybe there is hidden technology buried here.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

HOLLOW EARTH
----------------

Well like i said, i do not believe that the earth is hollow but i am open to the possibility. I do not think that science has proven that the earth is not hollow. They are just assuming it is. According to the following site, we have only drilled 7.5 miles down into the earth's crust. That is way short of finding out what the center of the earth is. I understand that x-ray and sonar of some sort maybe able to tell though.

www.damninteresting.com...

Today, the deepest hole ever created by humankind lies beneath the tower enclosing Kola’s drill. A number of boreholes split from the central branch, but the deepest is designated “SG-3,” a hole about nine inches wide which snakes over 12.262 kilometers (7.5 miles) into the Earth’s crust. The drill spent twenty-four years chewing its way to that depth, until its progress was finally halted in 1994, about 2.7 kilometers (1.7 miles) short of its 15,000-meter goal.

I am not presenting this to say that i believe in the hollow earth theory but i just don't know if we really know.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I think a lot of the continent was covered with ice for a very long time but i do NOT buy the theory that the whole continent was covered by ice for a million years. I think they are trying to cover up something and say that there is no way there could have been a civilization there. A million years of ice cover basically says that there is nothing interesting here, move along, nothing to see.

Anyways, if an advanced civilization was in Antarctica, possibly Atlantis or whatever, maybe there is hidden technology buried here.

Well there is no ice in the desert part of Antarctica, you could walk along dry dirt and find meteors that have been laying there for millions of years.
Very unchanged place....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The Dry Valleys of Antarctica

www.rosssea.info...

The 'Dry Valleys' region of Southern Victoria Land, Antarctica, is a cold desert of over 2500 km2 where the ground surface is practically free of snow and ice throughout the year. The area comprises three major valleys — the Taylor, Victoria and Wright Valleys separated by east-west trending mountain ranges up to 2400 m in elevation. These ranges support alpine-type glaciers, while large outlet glaciers flowing from the Antarctic ice sheet enter the valley heads.

An antarctic oasis:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

REALY? you know meteors make good money, science.discovery.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The Caves of antarctica.

Lately while doing some research on antarctica I found references to what looks like some cave entrances, they are very similar. what are they??

Locations:
Cave entrance nº1 - 66°36'12.70"S 99°43'9.80"E
Cave entrance nº2 - 66°33'13.75"S, 99°50'24.84"E

Oh and I'm not saying these are entrances to the hollow earth, Portals or UFO hideouts. just curious what this might be...

lakes?? optical illusion??

[edit on 5-5-2010 by hateeternal]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i remember seeing these caves on youtube, here they are:

Here is the second video that shows the first briefly:

It could be a cave or it could be a lake. It's hard to tell. Although the first video there does seem to be something strange very close to it, it does kind of look like a giant cover but i doubt it is.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
reply to post by Xtrozero

REALY? you know meteors make good money, science.discovery.com...

I don't think Southwest goes there....
I use to fly down there on operation deep freeze every few years, and it is very risky isolated place to get to.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Boy, I wished there were more German speaking members here at ATS.
I would like to add yet another very important piece of the puzzle.
It could very well be that both critics and believers are right concerning tha Hollow Earth.
There are reasons to believe the Earth isn't hollow, but that there is still some sort of an entrance. The entrance, if there is one and there are many hints that it really exists, is above the pole.
Russian scientists are speculating that the electromagnetic vortex (Schauberger!!!) is causing this phenomena. Earth is continuously bombarded with radiation and has an magnetic field of its own that protects us from this radiation. But why is there always a large hole at the poles in models of Earth's magnetic field?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c290906c18e74715.jpg[/atsimg]
This video shows it even clearer:

Are these holes the entrances of the "Hollow Earth" like suggested in the video below?
The images are self explanatory.

(German version of a Russian Documentary)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
you bring up great points and i would like to add that in google maps and other high resolution maps of Antarctica they do NOT show the north and south pole.

Look at google earth and look at the exact south pole, they do not show it. Why are they not showing the center of Antarctica?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join