It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admiral Byrd / Antarctic Mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

That 10 min vid clip was really cool, is there a link to watch the whole movie? i could not find it, great thread by the way, really good stuff in this thread, and i did read your other post on antartica also.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have always found this topic quite fascinating. The Antarctic Base was called "New Schwabenland" after the German exploration ship that originally launched the seaplanes that dropped the Nazi flags on Antarktika.

Although the idea of an established base is questionable, the Germans continued to send expeditions there during the war and even after losing the Bismark and other ships, maintained a strong naval presence off the Antarktik coast.

Even more bizzare, is 6 months after the war, 2 U-Boat supply subs were surrendered off the coast of Argentina, the subs fully stocked, crews clean, ships in good working order...How and where did they sustain themselves for 6 months after the war? The crews were subsequently turned over to the Americans and interogated...repeatedly.

There is a long undersea trench running north/south all the way to New Schwabenland-Antarktika from the North Sea. There are logs of U-Boats going there. The 2 U-bBoats captured gave a tale that they left the Baltic Sea, hugged the coast at night and dived during the day, using the trench to go south to Antarktika.

Large numbers of important scientists/physicists/engineers dissappeared along with plans and many of the hardcore SS elite. Supposedly, they set up shop in quarters much like those found in the "Alpine Redoubt" of the Harz Mountains... with underground airstrips, factories, labrynth tunnels and complexes that could hold a small army, support personel, and slaves.

A really good read on this subject is "Man Made UFOs 1944-1994" by Renato Vesco and David Hatcher Childress.

Oh, and as for Adml James Forrestal, he was placed in the psycho-ward and after his wife forced the Navy to release him into her care, the very day she was to pick him up, he "killed" himself by hanging/jumping from a window...with bars across it....yup?

Many of the engineers were admirers of Tesla and Marconi... and shared ties to South America. Oddly enough, the types of disk craft developed/planned by the Germans are also the ones most prevalent over Mexico and S.America...go figure.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

That 10 min vid clip was really cool, is there a link to watch the whole movie? i could not find it, great thread by the way, really good stuff in this thread, and i did read your other post on antartica also.

Wow i didn't even think to look for the whole video, thanks for the suggestion! I found it!

Google Video Link

You have to love google videos. Here is the link to the entire 70 minute video. Quality is crap but it is a very interesting subject. If there is a real secret mission they were trying to hide, this is the ultimate propaganda movie.

video.google.com...#

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
For those who are religious, the AntiChrist had already been found. He is none other than Hitler. He was 'elected' as chancellor, a supposed Christian, and much loved by the then world, a Messiah for bringing Germany out of its economic ruin single handedly, if not by the Germans themselves.

For 3 years, the world was softened by his talks of peace, but by 1938 the signs of war by Germany was everywhere. England, the superpower of those days still believed him a man of peace, and suffered the worst of firestorm in the dark days of WW2.

He is dead, or presumed dead, but he had unleashed upon the world a lasting legacy from the cosmos as only a devil, as depicted by ancestors would through the Thule sociely beliefs, even though the forces of good had triumph over their evil back in '45

Those megalithic structures you see in Germany today or its ruins and uncompleted ones are not man inspired infrastructures. That a small nation that can hold the world in armed conflict for 6 long years was not the workings of mere mortals. The technology they held, doled out minutely, cannot be man leapfrogging from bi-planes only after a few mere years and after centuries of looking at birds and capable of only dreams of flight.

He had guidance that is not of this Earth. The Thule society original members holds the answers. If they can be found and are willing to talk.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Very good topic here about Richard Byrd.
His history kind of plays out like he was the proverbial 'guy who knows too much', like Forrestal. Kind of ironic the way his life ended and the way his namesake aircraft carrier endured a fluke tragedy(courtesy of john mccain IMO). That is a whole conspiracy in itself, but I digress.

Byrd was also involved in the arctic missions that actually purport warm land and a possible opening into the earth at the pole. If he actually seen the same at the south pole, that would shatter every scientific theory ever established about the actual construction of our world.

I agree that he came into contact with, at the very least, hostile factions. Maybe nazis, maybe something else. The proof of a coverup is in his being silenced. I've heard on C2C that it was both the lizard people and nazis, on different programs. Too late to know for sure. Maybe his true account is what gave us Alien VS Predator, LOL!

There has got to be some kind of major conspiracy going on down there because there is so little info being developed down there today other than mundane geological testing and experiments. Its like maintaining a presence, but not really doing anything with it. As far as I know, no country has sole jurisdiction over it. Look at the wiki article on it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Countries have endorsed the idea of research and signed treaties to abide, most likely under pressure. Mining through ice hundreds or thousands feet thick would be unfeasible. I actually believe in the hollow earth theory, I think those treaties and the general lack of resources are because there are things to be discovered that people will get suicided for knowing. 46 countries are in on this, they are most likely countries with resources enough to at least try expeditions.

My point is that we have every ability in the world to totally disseminate all that Antarctica has to offer. It can in fact be settled. The wiki article mentions how we are not supposed to damage the ecosystem. Yet every country in the world is allowed to damage whatever ecosystem they want. Rather disengenuous to me. "oh noes, we cant damage the ice"
I can sort of see the rationale that maybe someday we haul icebergs to consummate fresh water. But, Antarctica may very well be Atlantis. I don't know.

This deserves more talk actually. Its very cool not to rape the supply of a continent, but sustained development(not like agenda21 style) is sort of legit.

Anyways I'm giving you your props Beast. Bump it up!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish

Originally posted by Kram09
Has anybody read this book?

Nazi Hydra in America

I have a copy, but I haven't read it

Here it is, online:

Spiritone.com/NaziHydra

Looks pretty awesome, thanks!

Excellent thread OP, I read your other Antarctica thread too, this is fascinating stuff.

Wow, thanks for that link, I recently finished reading Ghelen's autobiograhy..... this material in your link is such a treat! THANK YOU! for the link. This is not what they teach you in school...

Here is a teaser quote so more folks might read this:

Despite the report on Ford Werke and the Senate investigations, no charges would ever be filed against Ford for trading with the enemy. Ford Werke was now rehabilitated; it was producing trucks for the revival of the German economy as a bulkhead against communism. The deaths of thousands of GIs on the battlefields of Europe were in vain. Betrayed by an elite cadre of their own countrymen, the war against fascism was lost. Under a cloak of free enterprise and anti-communism American fascist were now taking control.

Throughout Europe and in Germany in particular, the scene was much the same. Large industrial plants stood unscathed amid a field of rubble especially those plants that had connections to American firms as the Ford and I.G. Farben plants at Cologne. In fact, the I.G. Farben building in Berlin was untouched and used by the allies as a command center. It stood in stark contrast to the rest of the city, which lay in ruins.

And here is one you might like... Link

[edit on 28-4-2010 by seataka]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
Why would they bring 4,000 men to Antarctica? I can understand it if they were doing training like they said, that makes sense.

Anyone of the 4000 ever come foward with further info as to what they there doing there? That is where your truth lies....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
Why would they bring 4,000 men to Antarctica? I can understand it if they were doing training like they said, that makes sense.

Anyone of the 4000 ever come foward with further info as to what they there doing there? That is where your truth lies....

I agree...

I respect their right to silence and sworn oath. No honorable man may break an oath. There is not buts and if. More so if one's life is threatened.

May they find peace, for keeping silence on something so profound to mankind that would help all prepare, that lives had been sacrificed to keep it silent, acomplicing to murders, maintaining loyalty to the Corporation masters but not to the Constitution - for the people, by the people....condemning all of us to our fate.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Thanks BM2012, i really enjoyed the first 10 mins and want to see the rest,i'm gonna go watch it now, thanks again!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The Byrd stories are everything you could want in a conspiracy/alien combined story. I've always had a special place in my heart for it.

You'd have to imagine that the elite Nazis had enough sense to take over much of Europe, and were in it for the long haul, they would know how to play everything out, including where to go in the event things went bad. Antarctica certainly would be a valid hiding place considering...the elite certainly wouldn't hide out under a mountain in Germany, but rather a far off destination that wouldn't arouse much suspicion, but in this case it seemingly did.

Supposedly around 4,700 in the fleet, that isn't peanuts, they were certainly prepared for something. It would indeed be very interesting to get some actual military documentation on the outcome. If there was a battle, it would be certain that more than just a few men died. Hell, if we really want to get wacky, one could wonder if maybe a few ships and a few hundred men were edited out of the story.

It's the diary that gets me. That sounds completely fabricated. At least from what I have read online, claiming to be his diary, it sounds too developed in a particular way that really gets me. I know this was a reflective diary, but the way it is set up seems...off. The lack of detail is strange if you look at it from a man reflecting in a diary, and if you would take it as pure notes, it would be far in detail. It's a fantastic little story, but there is either a lot more to it or nothing at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Fantastic thread I must say.

Flag and Star.

I know that Hitler and his buds were into Theosophy

So I wouldn't doubt if this ties into almost every major conspiracy. Bankers, UFO's, maybe aliens... but most of all: 2012.

From the link, The Secret Doctrine Volume II, 1888:

Meru — the abode of the gods — was placed, as before explained, in the North Pole, while Pâtâla, the nether region, was supposed to lie in the South. As each symbol in esoteric philosophy has seven keys, geographically, Meru and Pâtâla have one significance and represent localities; while astronomically, they have another, and mean "the two poles," which meanings ended by their being often rendered in exoteric sectarianism — the "Mountain" and the "Pit," or Heaven and Hell. If we hold at present only to the astronomical and geographical significance, it may be found that the ancients knew the topography and nature of the Arctic and Antarctic regions better than any of our modern astronomers; they had reasons, and good ones for naming one the "Mountain" and the other the "Pit." As the author just quoted half explains, Helion and Acheron meant nearly the same: "Heli-on is the Sun in the highest" (Helios, Heli-on, the "most high"); "and Acheron is 32 deg. above the pole, and 32 below it, the allegorical river being thus supposed to touch the northern horizon in the latitude of 32 degrees. The vast concave, that is for ever hidden from our sight and which surrounded the southern pole, being therefore called the PIT, while observing, toward the Northern pole that a certain circuit in the heavens always appeared above the horizon — they called it the Mountain. As Meru is the high abode of the Gods, these were said to ascend and descend periodically; by which (astronomically) the Zodiacal gods were meant, the passing of the original North Pole of the Earth to the South Pole of the heaven." "In that age," adds the author of that curious work, the "Sphinxiad" and of "Urania's Key to the Revelations" — "at noon, the ecliptic would be parallel with the meridian, and part of the Zodiac would descend from the North Pole to the north horizon; crossing the eight coils of the Serpent (eight sidereal years, or over 200,000 solar years), which would seem like an imaginary ladder with eight staves reaching from the earth up to the pole, i.e., the throne of Jove. Up this ladder, then, the Gods, i.e., the signs of the Zodiac, ascended and descended. (Jacob's ladder and the angels) . . . . It is more than 400,000 years since the Zodiac formed the sides of this ladder."

The above quote isn't all Blavatsky, I can't figure if it is that 'Sphinxiad' or what, she was quoting someone in the larger context of the book.

Now mythology, built upon Hesiod's Theogony, which is but a poetised record of actual traditions, or oral history, speaks of three giants, called Briareus, Kottos, and Gyges, living in a dark country where they were imprisoned by Kronos for their rebellion against him. All the three are endowed by myth with an hundred arms and fifty heads, the latter standing for races, the former for sub-races and tribes. Bearing in mind that in mythology every personage almost is a god or demi-god, and also a king or simple mortal in his second aspect; * and that both stand as symbols for lands, islands, powers of nature, elements, nations, races and sub-races, the esoteric Commentary will become comprehensible. It says that the three giants are three polar lands which have changed form several times, at each new cataclysm, or disappearance of one continent to make room for another. The whole globe is convulsed periodically; and has been so convulsed, since the appearance of the First Race, four times. Yet, though the whole face of the earth was transformed thereby each time, the conformation of the arctic and antarctic poles has but little altered. The polar lands unite and break off from each other into islands and peninsulas, yet remain ever the same. Therefore northern Asia is called the "eternal or perpetual land," and the Antarctic the "ever living" and "the concealed"; while the Mediterranean, Atlantic, Pacific and other regions disappear and reappear in turn, into and above the great waters.

Just to say my opinion about the hollow earth theory, it could be possible but I see no reason why the poles would be special about it. If the earth gets rearranged every once in a while then the poles wouldn't necessarily have huge holes because the same land is not always there... maybe idk.

But warm poles is an interesting idea. I definitely think there is anomolous behavior at the poles because of the EM stuff and the taurus geometry of the magnetosphere and all that jazz.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I personally think that you are limiting the scope
of Byrd by not allowing his journal to be used.
That's like saying I'm using info from Wiki, but I'm not
gonna cite my references or footnotes or bibliography.

In this case I think they go hand in hand as you cannot
judge an individual's career just by a few quotes or an
interview. You have to take his career as a whole to balance
credibility.

So I'll refrain from my ideas per ur request

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Knowing many may not enjoy plodding through books, here's a video documentary that may shed light on what was going through the nazis mind when they headed for the south pole, under influence by the Thule society.

Perhaps this was what Byrd meet with?

Secrets of the 3rd Reich.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I wonder if the huge hole in the ozone layer over Antarctic has anything to do with this?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I'm been to Antarctica a number of times and I think that back in the 40s it was viewed as the last unowned land mass and everyone was trying to get a peice of the pie. My trips there were back in the 80s though.

The whole thing is pretty clear.

All of Antarctica had already been claimed by a great many explorers that had previously undertaken expeditions there, and planted their national flag.

But there were never any American Antarctic explorers, none, zero.

All the countries that had claimed Antarctic territory decided to form an Antarctic treaty to keep the Antarctic free of commercial exploitation, military exploitation, and pollution.

But America looked like totally missing out on the action.

So operation high jump was hastily conceived in typical American fashion to try and muscle in on the action.

All this talk about Nazi bases, Freemasons, star gates, and shape shifting reptilians is all just total nonsense.

I have wintered in Antarctica more than once, back in the 70's and so have an ongoing personal interest in the region.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

There had been many strange 'going ons' in the Antartic. So you claim there is nothing there? Ok. Fine. So who shall we believe - the nick called Silver Shadow in ATS here or Argentinean Air Force Officer Miguel Amaya, specializing in Meterology?

"three of them went outside with flashlights to see if there was a UFO stationed above them, as such marks could have only been made “if the “USS Kitty Hawk” had been anchored 10 meters away from the house with its nuclear engines at full power, or a city the size of Buenos Aires suspended 100 meters over the surface with all of its lights on.”

inexplicata.blogspot.com...

or Reuters

"11 in Antarctic Claim To See Flying Saucer
Buenos Aires, July 7 (Reuters). -- Argentines at two Antarctic bases have confirmed reports by British and Chilean scientists of the appearance four days ago of an unusual celestial body over the frozen subcontinent.

The object, observed and photographed by Argentine Navy men at two Antarctic bases on the evening of July 3, was shaped like a double-convex lens. It was coloured mainly red and green, changing occasionally to yellow, blue, orange-green and white, a Navy statement said.

The object made no noise, and moved generally eastward, with occasional westward shifts, at changing speeds. At times, it appeared to hover over the watching men at one of the bases. A total of 11 Argentines witnessed the sight.

The body finally disappeared in a northwesternly direction flying at an altitude of six to 10 miles, the statement said.

An earlier report from a British Antarctic base said the object zigzagged about the horizon for about 10 minutes, sending geomagnetic instruments wild. Men at a Chilean base said the object had been spotted twice in two weeks and ten color photographs were taken."

www.ufologie.net...

There are too many reports to paste here and presently 'unclassified' files to dig through. But you'd get my point by now.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I have always found this topic quite fascinating. The Antarctic Base was called "New Schwabenland" after the German exploration ship that originally launched the seaplanes that dropped the Nazi flags on Antarktika.

Although the idea of an established base is questionable, the Germans continued to send expeditions there during the war and even after losing the Bismark and other ships, maintained a strong naval presence off the Antarktik coast.

Even more bizzare, is 6 months after the war, 2 U-Boat supply subs were surrendered off the coast of Argentina, the subs fully stocked, crews clean, ships in good working order...How and where did they sustain themselves for 6 months after the war? The crews were subsequently turned over to the Americans and interogated...repeatedly.

There is a long undersea trench running north/south all the way to New Schwabenland-Antarktika from the North Sea. There are logs of U-Boats going there. The 2 U-bBoats captured gave a tale that they left the Baltic Sea, hugged the coast at night and dived during the day, using the trench to go south to Antarktika.

Large numbers of important scientists/physicists/engineers dissappeared along with plans and many of the hardcore SS elite. Supposedly, they set up shop in quarters much like those found in the "Alpine Redoubt" of the Harz Mountains... with underground airstrips, factories, labrynth tunnels and complexes that could hold a small army, support personel, and slaves.

A really good read on this subject is "Man Made UFOs 1944-1994" by Renato Vesco and David Hatcher Childress.

Oh, and as for Adml James Forrestal, he was placed in the psycho-ward and after his wife forced the Navy to release him into her care, the very day she was to pick him up, he "killed" himself by hanging/jumping from a window...with bars across it....yup?

Many of the engineers were admirers of Tesla and Marconi... and shared ties to South America. Oddly enough, the types of disk craft developed/planned by the Germans are also the ones most prevalent over Mexico and S.America...go figure.

What a great post! Thanks for your insight. I do remember hearing that 2 or 3 u-boats dissapeared and reappeared months after the war and were interrogated by the US and it seems that they COULD have brought important people out of Germany, possibly Hitler himself. Very interesting indeed.

Very crazy stuff going on here, i really think this topics deserves more attention.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

There had been many strange 'going ons' in the Antartic. So you claim there is nothing there? Ok. Fine.

Sure, UFO's and weird things have been seen all over the world.

So does that mean that every country has secret underground Nazi bases, or star gates ?

When I was in Antarctica, one day I noted a really strange thin almost vertical cloud that looked really odd. I pointed this out to fellow expeditioners, that included several highly trained meteorologists, and a physicist.

This caused a great deal of interest and discussion, and it was finally agreed that it might have been a meteorite that left an almost vertical vapor trail.

None of these very experienced professionals suggested it may be due to shape shifting time traveling Nazi reptilians from Alpha Draconis entering a secret tunnel to the inner hollow earth in their hyperspace UFO..

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Did I and did anyone I qouted on here claimed those UFO are from some figment of your imagination?

In any case, this thread is Byrd and his expedition to Antartica after the war, and what happened for his mysterious turn around. No stone must be disregarded, or left unturn in the patient search for the truth.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

But you refuse to accept the simple and the obvious answers.

You refer to look for conspiracy and secrecy where none exists.

I am sure you will find plenty of eleven year olds high on weed that could not even find Antarctica on a map, contributing to your theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join