Admiral Byrd / Antarctic Mystery

page: 1
70
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Howdy! Hope everyone is having a great 4/20! Another Admiral Byrd post from me. My first post on the Byrd was about him setting up the first masonic lodge in Antarctica and i questioned why it was no. 777 but no one gave a good answer. If you have any thoughts please review my post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyways, onto my next Byrd question.

If the interview Admiral Byrd gave after leaving Antarctica in 1947 is true, what the hell was he talking about?

Once again, if the interview is true and those are his words, what could he have possibly meant?

Let me first present to you Operation Highjump:

en.wikipedia.org...

Operation Highjump (OpHjp), officially titled The United States Navy Antarctic Developments Program, 1946-47, was a United States Navy operation organized by Rear Admiral Richard E. Byrd in Antarctica under the command of Richard Cruzen, which was launched on 26 August 1946 and ended abruptly in late February 1947, six months earlier than planned. The massive Antarctic task force included 4,700 men, 13 ships, and multiple aircraft.


Why would they bring 4,000 men to Antarctica? I can understand it if they were doing training like they said, that makes sense. But it was right after WWII ended and some think that Hitler had escaped. We now know that the skull that we have been told for years was Hitler's skull is no way possible hitler's skull.

Maybe the US and other countries found out that there was something going on in Antarctica and wanted to confirm this. Could this explain why they planned for a 6 month trip and left after 1 month?

Also, it is important to note that the UK had many trips to Antarctica, most notably this one in 1943:

en.wikipedia.org...

There were several reasons for Tabarin. Prior to the start of the war, German aircraft had dropped markers with swastikas across Queen Maud Land in an attempt to create a territorial claim, see New Swabia. In 1943, British personnel from HMS Carnarvon Castle removed Argentine flags from Deception Island. There were also concerns within the Foreign Office about the direction of United States' post-war activity in the region. So, one reason was to establish solid British claims to various uninhabited islands and parts of Antarctica, reinforced by Argentine sympathies toward Germany.


------------------------------------------------

Ok now that i have introduced Operation Highjump and the other UK operation, let's look at what Byrd said after they left so abruptly. The only explanation ever given for the early termination of the mission was provided in an interview granted to Lee van Atta of International News Services aboard the support ship Mount Olympus on the high seas and published in the Chilean newspaper El Mercurio on Wednesday 5 March 1947:


On March 5, 1947 the "El Mercurio" newspaper of Santiago, Chile, had a headline article "On Board the Mount Olympus on the High Seas" which quoted Byrd in an interview with Lee van Atta: "Adm. Byrd declared today that it was imperative for the United States to initiate immediate defense measures against hostile regions.

The admiral further stated that he didn't want to frighten anyone unduly but that it was a bitter reality that in case of a new war the continental United States would be attacked by flying objects which could fly from pole to pole at incredible speeds. [Earlier he had recommended defense bases AT the NORTH Pole.] Admiral Byrd repeated the above points of view, resulting from his personal knowledge gathered both at the north and south poles, before a news conference held for International News Service." When Byrd returned to the States, he was hospitalized and was not allowed to hold any more press conferences. In March 1955, he was placed in charge of Operation Deepfreeze which was part of the International Geophysical Year [1957-1958] exploration of the Antarctic. He died, some have suggested he was murdered, in 1957.


So here is the question. Is this interview legit? I have found this screenshot of the article, so if anyone knows spanish and can translate the key parts that would be amazing!

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

If this interview is true, i think this almost confirms the nazi ufos and that most UFO's we see today are man made and not aliens from another world, although either is possible.

Thoughts people?

edit: I did not want to get into the Journal of Admiral Byrd. I don't really think it's real, it could be but i don't think so. The interview is the primary thing i want to deal with in this thread and what it could mean.



------------------
Resources:
A thread about Nazi Ufos and Admiral Byrd:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Admiral Byrd's Wiki page:
en.wikipedia.org...

Operation Tabarin, the UK operation to Antarctica:
en.wikipedia.org...

Operation Highjump on Wiki:
en.wikipedia.org...

The Omega File's view of Highjump:
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

The Antarctica Survival Myth:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...





[edit on 20-4-2010 by BeastMaster2012]




posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
6 flags and no replies? Surely there are some thoughts on this! Are people afraid that if this is true that their views on aliens would be crushed? Fear not people! maybe the german's got the technology from aliens!

I don't know, if this interview is true i think it is really amazing and really this topic needs to be looked at in more detail.



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I've heard of this before.

It seems very odd that they would send such a huge task force to Antarctica, purely for training, especially so soon after the end of the Second World War.

It is possible they had heard rumours of a German base there and therefore decided to investigate in force. However I imagine they could have sent some sort of smaller reconnaissance force, unless they didn't want to take any chances.

I remember reading another thread on ATS about the Nazis trying to establish colonies deep within the Amazon jungle, so why not Antarctica?

I've also read the alleged diary of Admiral Byrd and also believe it to be a fabrication.

[edit on 20/4/10 by Kram09]



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think Operation High Jump and admiral Byrd's journal is one of the most interesting conspiracy theories around. Admiral Byrd's supposed grandson claims he has Byrd's original journal but his daughter seems to think that's false. The most amazing aspect officially to me is the fact that much of the original mission of High Jump is still classified by the US government. That to me is suspicious. I also heard Byrd ended up in a mental hospital but I forgot where I read that and it seemed to be incorrect. His description of a hollow earth etc. in his journal is really fascinating I think.



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've found the thead about Nazis in the Amazon.

The Boys from Brazil: Nazis in South America

If I was totally to start speculating, then I can imagine that perhaps the Nazis did have some sort of base or outpost in Antarctica. If the Americans found some new technology there then maybe it was kept secret and under wraps so as to prevent the Soviet Union from finding out.....maybe. I can't imagine why if they did discover a Nazi base there, that it would be kept secret, unless you somehow bring the technology aspect or even alien speculation into.

Then again this is just some wild random theory.

I certainly don't believe that Hiter escaped and somehow managed to get to Antarctica. I'm quite convinced that he killed himself in his bunker in Berlin.



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
I think Operation High Jump and admiral Byrd's journal is one of the most interesting conspiracy theories around. Admiral Byrd's supposed grandson claims he has Byrd's original journal but his daughter seems to think that's false. The most amazing aspect officially to me is the fact that much of the original mission of High Jump is still classified by the US government. That to me is suspicious. I also heard Byrd ended up in a mental hospital but I forgot where I read that and it seemed to be incorrect. His description of a hollow earth etc. in his journal is really fascinating I think.


Strange that you mention this, because i was reading about Secretary of the Navy James Forrestal and he "committed suicide" after being sent to a loony bin.

Here is some info:
Admiral Byrd's plane returned THREE HOURS LATE. It was stated that he had "lost an engine" and had had to throw everything overboard except the films themselves and the results of magnetometer readings in order to maintain altitude long enough to return to Little America. This is most certainly the time when he met with representatives of the aryans and a contingent of nazis. The task force came steaming back with their data which then became classified "top secret". Secretary of the Navy James Forrestal retired and started to "talk". He was put in Bethesda Naval Hospital psychiatric ward where he was prevented from seeing or talking to anyone, including his wife! after a short while he was thrown out the window while trying to hang himself with a bedsheet. It was ruled a suicide, case closed. He was telling people about the underground aryan base.

This was taken from this 10 minute video which i find super interesting. It is a movie created by the US government that explains the whole trip!




posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
heres my thoughts on this...
i think its a natural stargate like bermuda triangle and dragons triangle.
strong areas of electromagnetic energy that creates a vortex.
ive also heard if you could manipulate the frequencies of the density it can be an entrance to hollow earth...like some other dimension of earth??!



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I've found the thead about Nazis in the Amazon.

The Boys from Brazil: Nazis in South America

If I was totally to start speculating, then I can imagine that perhaps the Nazis did have some sort of base or outpost in Antarctica. If the Americans found some new technology there then maybe it was kept secret and under wraps so as to prevent the Soviet Union from finding out.....maybe. I can't imagine why if they did discover a Nazi base there, that it would be kept secret, unless you somehow bring the technology aspect or even alien speculation into.

Then again this is just some wild random theory.

I certainly don't believe that Hiter escaped and somehow managed to get to Antarctica. I'm quite convinced that he killed himself in his bunker in Berlin.



It really seems like there is something going on with Germany after the war, either in South America or Antarctica. This is a crazy theory and it falls into the hollow earth stuff, but aren't there a ton of underground tunnels throught south america? I think i remember reading about the ancient indians used to be able to use underground tunnels to be able to travel 100's of miles to visit other cities throughout the continent. I know i have heard of some Europeans visiting some of the tunnels right when they first "invaded" the continent and were freaked out by what was inside and blocked the entrances. It is all very crazy stuff...



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012
 


It appears that many do not know about this document:

Red House Report



Revealed: The secret report that shows how the Nazis planned a Fourth Reich ...in the EU

The paper is aged and fragile, the typewritten letters slowly fading. But US Military Intelligence report EW-Pa 128 is as chilling now as the day it was written in November 1944.

The document, also known as the Red House Report, is a detailed account of a secret meeting at the Maison Rouge Hotel in Strasbourg on August 10, 1944. There, Nazi officials ordered an elite group of German industrialists to plan for Germany's post-war recovery, prepare for the Nazis' return to power and work for a 'strong German empire'. In other words: the Fourth Reich.


They simply switched from a military powerhouse to a financial powerhouse. No longer officially hosted by a nation, they likely consider themselves a nation unto themselves now, hidden from view of the world either in the far reaches of the Earth/space, or just hidden among us.

But the Nazi's are still around.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm been to Antarctica a number of times and I think that back in the 40s it was viewed as the last unowned land mass and everyone was trying to get a peice of the pie. My trips there were back in the 80s though.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I'm been to Antarctica a number of times and I think that back in the 40s it was viewed as the last unowned land mass and everyone was trying to get a peice of the pie. My trips there were back in the 80s though.


That is the official reason they went to Antarctica. Thanks for your insight.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012
 


The Malta tunnels also. Supposedly it was once possible to walk through them to mainland Italy. Then there's the report/story of the schoolteacher on Malta who took the schoolchildren to view the subterranean worship/burial chambers (which do exist). It claimed she persuaded a guard to allow her and the children to look through a closed portal. She and the children passed through, only to find themselves on a narrow ledge. On the other side, were creatures. And between the two was a deep chasm. Teacher and children were never seen again, according to the report, despite frantic searches by the parents and authorities. It was claimed that voices of the children could be heard weeks later, emanating from underground. A party of tourists later had a narrow escape whilst making their way through the same portal (since closed, it's said)

Re; Byrd, it's said he saw a 'wonderland' in the Antarctic

Which brings to mind the similar description applied to the Arctic by scientists, explorers, sailors --- all of whom reported that the further north they travelled, the warmer it grew, to the point they stripped off their clothing in the middle of the day, which was reported as 'hot'. Countless butterflies, rabbits, foxes, flowers, etc. were reported

all interesting



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Just remembered. There was an intriguing report several years ago about members of the US Antarctic base taking as much salt ashore as they could humanly carry and transport. It was ridiculous --- the reports claimed the Americans were even filling their pockets with the stuff

Then the reports stopped. Haven't seen any more since



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Has anybody read this book?

Nazi Hydra in America

I have a copy, but I haven't read it



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by BeastMaster2012
 


The Malta tunnels also. Supposedly it was once possible to walk through them to mainland Italy. Then there's the report/story of the schoolteacher on Malta who took the schoolchildren to view the subterranean worship/burial chambers (which do exist). It claimed she persuaded a guard to allow her and the children to look through a closed portal. She and the children passed through, only to find themselves on a narrow ledge. On the other side, were creatures. And between the two was a deep chasm. Teacher and children were never seen again, according to the report, despite frantic searches by the parents and authorities. It was claimed that voices of the children could be heard weeks later, emanating from underground. A party of tourists later had a narrow escape whilst making their way through the same portal (since closed, it's said)

Re; Byrd, it's said he saw a 'wonderland' in the Antarctic

Which brings to mind the similar description applied to the Arctic by scientists, explorers, sailors --- all of whom reported that the further north they travelled, the warmer it grew, to the point they stripped off their clothing in the middle of the day, which was reported as 'hot'. Countless butterflies, rabbits, foxes, flowers, etc. were reported

all interesting


/me waves to my new friend Dock9, thanks for visiting my other post on the Templars!

I hadn't heard about the Malta tunnels, that is pretty crazy! Here is more on the story:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Great Dock.. you have me searching for another mystery!

This reminds me of the underground cities in Turkey...
www.cappadociaturkey.net...

Trading mysteries!



posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Has anybody read this book?

Nazi Hydra in America

I have a copy, but I haven't read it


I haven't read that one (thanks for the link). But I have read this one:


The Rise Of The Fourth Reich

And it's about exactly the same thing.

It delineates and details the systematic infiltration of what we perceive to be the post-WWII modern world by the very same forces that "hijacked" WWII and transformed it from a traditional war between nations to an economic and power play that swallowed virtually all global systems of power and created a stranglehold that persists today, stronger than ever.

Not so sure that it's even relevant anymore whether these authorities are "Nazi" or not ... I would imagine that term's significance has receded with history, but nevertheless, the people, companies and institutions are the same that supported, protected and preserved the surviving detritus of Nazi Germany.

I don't know if there's any credence to surviving Nazis, in terms of army personnel or administrative officials in a place like Antarctica. Like most, I'm well aware of Nazi remnants in South America. But if there was a German offensive in Antarctica, it would be amazing and I would love to know, if true, whether it ties in with the financiers. Surely, it would.

I have always found Byrd's words, behavior and destiny, in his later life, awfully peculiar. And I find posts like this fascinating. Thanks for it. Please, more from others would be welcome. I've read all the ATS threads relating to this and encourage others interested to do so as well.



posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by BeastMaster2012
 


It appears that many do not know about this document:

Red House Report



Revealed: The secret report that shows how the Nazis planned a Fourth Reich ...in the EU

The paper is aged and fragile, the typewritten letters slowly fading. But US Military Intelligence report EW-Pa 128 is as chilling now as the day it was written in November 1944.

The document, also known as the Red House Report, is a detailed account of a secret meeting at the Maison Rouge Hotel in Strasbourg on August 10, 1944. There, Nazi officials ordered an elite group of German industrialists to plan for Germany's post-war recovery, prepare for the Nazis' return to power and work for a 'strong German empire'. In other words: the Fourth Reich.


They simply switched from a military powerhouse to a financial powerhouse. No longer officially hosted by a nation, they likely consider themselves a nation unto themselves now, hidden from view of the world either in the far reaches of the Earth/space, or just hidden among us.

But the Nazi's are still around.


Yeah, I wouldn't really be in a position to know, but my inkling is this is likely the case, just as you described.



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Has anybody read this book?

Nazi Hydra in America

I have a copy, but I haven't read it


Here it is, online:

Spiritone.com/NaziHydra

Looks pretty awesome, thanks!


Excellent thread OP, I read your other Antarctica thread too, this is fascinating stuff.



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
To understand the mystery of what happened to Byrd, you must be aware of what was happening during that era.

The allies had won. And where keen, very keen to wipe out every trace of Nazism. Hitler was not brought to trial and many who had suffered the ravages of war were not convinced Hitler committed suicide.

When the war was over, war crime investigators and intelligence agencies found out that Nazis were interested in making use of the south pole as a base, and more critically, its affinity to occultism.

The Thule Society of the Nazis was the motherlode of its occultisim - of aryan supremacy, of Hyperborea, and of a race of superhuman beings with links back to the Cosmos.

Even thought it was discredited by the early 30's, many of the chief nazis were members of that society and some of its thoughts were incorporated into Nazi rule, thus the conquest into the antarctic, in the belief of creating a new land upon which the 3rd Reich will continue its fight and rule of the world.

It was also believed that the initiates of the Thule Society had made contact with beings from the Cosmos, and had recieved instructions for the furtherance of Hitler's mad reign, but like some used dirty rag once used and discarded having served its purpose, the 3rd Reich was discarded and a base was formed in Antarctic.

If we can dig out those Thule society members who are still alive today, we may have answers from them than from govts.

www.youtube.com...



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


Interesting stuff about the Thule society. While exploring google maps a few weeks ago i found these Islands very interesting. They are between South America and Antarctica.



Notice the Island closest to Antarctica is called Thule Island.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pretty interesting, huh? :-D





top topics
 
70
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join