It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ancient alien series on the History channel tonight..Why now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Ha yeah it's funny coz it's sez on the History website premiere tonight etc but it's the same series. Exactly the same. But they will get some rating as obviously not many people knew it was online yet.

It goes for about 90 minutes, there are nine 10 minute clips in HD on youtube of it.

It's the same one with Eric Von Daniken and they talk about all the ancient sites on Earth and brief mention of Mars at the end.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Personally, im convinced that people from all facets in the media and entertainment industry monitor these sites very carefully......why?

Because they can see what interests people that day or what people are talking about, then make a movie, air a TV show to make money and boost ratings......they KNOW we'll tune in not to mention create threads wondering if theres a hidden agenda for the creation of their products or air times dealing with the specific issues we come to this site for thus continuing the cycle.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
hey folks i do understand how the history channel kinda drops the ball when it comes to new info or inovation however my question/thread was more of why as in are we intellectually more comfortable with this idea now have the years of discoverys from around the world become undeniable and now worthy of discussion.
or is there a higher sense of awareness that has taken hold.
it really interested me how the show had such a mainstream feel to it this would have barely raised an eyebrow in decades past or be taken as complete fantasy but NOW there are sum what credible names using actual history to research the concept.
VERRY interesting at least to my little mind.

Be Well

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
From what I've been reading on the web from other forums to facebook, it's a new series that premieres tonight. Five 2 hour long episodes from now till May 25th. I think it should be great. Can't wait to watch it.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Can't wait to watch it myself..

We'll see if its a bunch of bologna or not in an hour,

3rd line

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

I'm pretty sure I saw this same eppisode a few months ago. But I coulden't watch the show with out interuptions, so I'm not 100% its the same. If it is, from the first time I saw it, I clearly remember the "modle airplanes", the guy who does a lot of the narration, was very impressed that the settlement was at I think 12,000ft altitude, in South America. That really blew my mind. (It takes a lot to do that these days). Considering the fine work on the hardest stone. With primitive tools? But what was stunning was when they said how old they thought it was. They said they had some "trouble" with the date. I can understand why. They said it's 17,000years old.

Thats during the last ice age. We were not supposed to be doing anything interesting untill about 10-12,000 years ago when organized culture exploded. If that 17K yr date is correct, we have to reconsider ancient history big time. I long thought that the history of our species was marked by a kind of racial amnesia. I guess if we think something is important, write it down and put it someplace very secure. And don't forget to teach your kids to read.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

They do one of these every few years and usually just rehash the same inconclusive information. I watched the first hour and then just shut off the TV in disappointment.

How many times do I have to hear about the Nazca Lines, the supposed light bulb wall carving in Egypt, Vimanas, and the Piri Reis map before I get hungry for something new?

The theory is an interesting one but it would be nice if they could put together a show without going over the same things every single time, maybe the people researching this stuff should get out there and find something new.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Atleast they continue to put it out there, and we can call shows like this on a mainstream cable channel as progress. Maybe instead of complaining that these few aging researchers go find new material, more people such as yourself should do something to contribute.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

The reason they put stuff like this on mainstream channels is because pseudoscience sells better than real science, that's why the History Channel has stooped to showing nonsense about 2012.

I'm not an archeologist so I have no way of getting out there to these places. Certainly if I had the money or the expertise I'd be out there looking for the mysteries of the world. All I can do is research online, in books and on television and it seems like there are so few new ideas coming out of the ancient astronaut theorists while real science gains ground against their theories and casts doubt on them they just rely on the same inconclusive info which remains intriguing but unconvincing.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I HATE how they try to sell us on the idea that there isn't enough oxygen in the tombs that they've explored to support a flame, yet, they were able to breathe in these same tombs, which is a little unsettling of their actual knowledge on anything. I also HATE that stupid little golden plane/bug. They say it's proof, because they made an enlarged model, took away most of the same engravings, made it aerodynamic, and then say it's "proof" that there were planes in ancient times. I can make a model of a rock, make it aerodynamic with some kind of wings, and it's going to fly. I want the EXACT same model, without the aerodynamics, and the same designs on the wings, that are so conveniently taken away from the enlarged copy. Sure, it looks similar, but it's not even close to being "just an enlarged copy". It's enlarged, and made aerodynamic, with a TON of features taken away. I'm sick of how they skew a lot of these findings.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by TravisT]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
^Just live with it, it's obviously biased towards the belief but it's interesting as **** and mindblowing like no other. Ancient alien hypotheses is just an awesome concept to dwell on, is it insane? Yes. They even admit that it is ,just now they did, in fact.

"But what if it all turned out to be true?"

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
But, will it end up on HULU? Man, I haven't had pay TV in a long time. Would love to see what the series has to offer. Will we get the whole truth? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Troy

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

This is all part of the Actual Matrix Plan Stargate Conspiracy:

nonduality.com...

The Piris Reis map supposedly showing Antarctica is a joke -- Gavin Menzies proves in his 1421 book that the Chinese maps the southern ocean lands -- that Piris Reis map does not show antarctica but some other land. So it's not even close to any proof for ancient astronauts.

As for the Nazca lines -- that was some great footage! But more likely they had air balloons -- there's a great book documenting how the resources were available to make hot air balloons in that region. It's been dismissed but it's still more a possibility than extraterrestrial landing run ways.

www.nott.com...

www.nott.com...

As for Michael Cremo -- I met him. He's well intentioned but driven by his Hare Krishna connection which believes that there are eternally physical immortal divine humans in the universe. It's possible I guess but a bit anthropocentric to say the least and ends up justifying some wild speculation. He's done interesting research to be sure and he linked my masters thesis on his website which was cool.

Oh yeah and David Hatcher Childress sent me a postcard about an early version of my masters thesis saying it was fascinating -- that was 1996! Now he's saying that one theory is the god-leader of the Mayans was extraterrestrial! haha. He says -- oh he's either traveling to the underworld or to outerspace in a rocket! C'mon -- the whole Mayan cosmology is based on the underworld and there's no evidence for spaceship travel in the Mayan culture.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't believe tonights episode on the history channel is us getting closer to disclousure. I have seen countless episodes about the techanical advancements in the 80's supposebly due to reveerse engineering from alien spacecraft. I think it is more speculation on any thing past or present, tv is more entertainment and you might accidently learn something. But I don't think history channel is trying to ease us into us becoming use to aliens.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I'm watching the repeat as I type this.

Let me tell you, The History Channel should be sued by all of the intelligent people of this planet. Unfortunately, the unintelligent is larger in number so they are catered to and the "Non-History Channel just laughs at the intelligent. This misnamed channel presents dreck! This "Ancient Aliens" b.s. is aimed at those who lack common sense, logic, and reason. There is not one scintilla of anything worth watching unless you enjoy being b.s.'ed by b.s.'ers. It's downright awful and is an insult to intelligence.

Of course, it goes without saying that some (if not a hell of a lot of!) members of this forum not only looked forward to it but are probably dribbling with delight at what they're being fed. Right up their alley!

[edit on 20-4-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I love all the assumptions re tv program schedules if the decided to show a program about World War 2 do you assume we are near WW 3 or if they show a program re The Roman Empire WHAT would you assume then

Programs go through cycles thats the easiest assumption we have seen many shows on UFO's etc over the years did anything interesting re UFO's happen after them NO.

Its the old mountain out of a molehill

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
welp morning folks watched the shows twice last night and was impressed by some and disappointed by some of the same footage .
the parts i liked the most were dealing with the technology needed to cut such precise rock pieces then moving and lifting them hundreds of miles .
the level of machining such fine clearances and also the density of the granite they used required diamonds..

my absoluty favorite part was about the great pyramid being the first hydrogen power plant.

Be Well

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm not on board with the whole Alien influence thing - it diminishes the grand achievements of mankind by assuming that we are incapable of complex problem solving, but I do agree that it's HIGHLY unlikely that the ancient builders were without the technology required to erect such megalithic structures. When you consider the technological advancement of the past 200 years compared to the time modern man has been around, there's plenty of time for technologically advanced cultures to develop... perhaps they are still around, tens of thousands of years ahead of us. I'm positive we've gone through many cycles of advancement and decline, enlightenment and ignorance. We think we are more advanced now, but I guarantee you we've forgotten more than we've learned over the millennia.

For me the most convincing case for ancient technology in that show was the evidence of tool marks. They had the machines. They had the logistics. They had the mathematics. They had the skill.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by draknoir2]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Very interesting show...

Loved the theory that the Egyptians used massive saws to cut megolithic stones. As a stone cutter myself, it was easy to recognize saw marks in the stones presented as evidence.

The other part that caught my attention was the theory that ancient civilizations had anti-grav devices based upon Mercury...

ATS thread: Mercury based Anti-Gravity

I'm definitely going to watch this again, probably several times...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's the same one with Eric Von Daniken and they talk about all the ancient sites on Earth and brief mention of Mars at the end.

HAHAHAA!!! Eric Von Daniken has been widely recognised as a total garbage merchant in serious circles for more than a decade now ! I cant believe the sucker still gets work !

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join