It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Caught Altering Stimulus Baseline Projection by 7 Million Jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Follow the Ace of Spades in this quick little game of 3 card monty brought to you by the Obama administration. Fraudulent accounting or dum dum math??

The number of jobs in the U.S. is currently 129.7 million. So to justify the Administration’s current claim of 2.8 million jobs “created or saved” by stimulus, they need to also claim that without that stimulus there would be only 126.9 million jobs. That’s exactly what they do, displayed as the “baseline projection” level in the graphic below from an April 14, 2010 report:

An inconvenient truth, at least for the Obama Administration, is that once upon a time, in their January 2009 Romer/Bernstein Report they told America that without their stimulus there would be 133.9 million jobs. That’s right, in order to make it look like their stimulus has “created or saved” 2.8 million jobs, the Obama Administration first had to whack 7 million jobs from their previous estimates.

Here’s the math:

Step 1: How many jobs does the Administration currently claim there would be, without stimulus?

129.7 million Current number of U.S. jobs

- 2.8 million Jobs currently claimed to be “created or saved”

126.9 million Jobs the Administration currently claims there would be without stimulus

Step 2: How does that compare with the number of jobs the Administration used to say there would be without stimulus?

133.9 million January 2009 projection of jobs without stimulus

- 126.9 million Current claim of jobs without stimulus

= 7 million Jobs removed from the Administration “baseline” to justify their latest stimulus job creation claims

Here’s the story problem:

This year 11-year old Jane’s class is studying money and budgets. In September every student wrote down their savings, and what they wanted in savings by the end of school in June. Jane started with $134, but wants to do better and have $137 ($3 more) saved by year’s end. She figures that will be easy, since she will get birthday money in a few months. But now it’s late May, and Jane has only $130, because she spent her birthday money, and then some. What should Jane do in her final report on the savings project?

1. Be honest and admit she didn’t reach her goals of $3 more in savings, totaling $137, due to her spending habits; or
2. Say at the start of the year she only “really” thought she would have $127 saved by year’s end, and claim “success” for ending up with $3 more than that and see if her teacher notices.

biggovernment.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well jibeho, first one must lie to commit a lie.

Then, you must have ignorant people that do not actually look at the true numbers.

Since joining, I have written two or three threads on the unemployment rates. I had the total of about 10 comments on those threads.

Of course no one wants to touch them, because I used the very numbers given by the CIA to show they have lied.

A lot of people do NOT even realize where the numbers come from. It is kind of funny when they realize that the numbers for the economy actually come from our INTELLIGENCE community instead of the economic community.

Opens ones eyes when this little tidbit becomes reality!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Very true.
Perhaps I should have posted this in the Dancing With the Stars forum to get the attention that it needs.

The administration defenders should be filing in after their 8am phone call from John Podesta and his Center for American Progress crew.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I have been looking for that connection for awhile now. Damn, if we could document that, it may actually wake up the whole frelling world.

I feel though that it is not necessary though, they have enough ignorant fold to counter our truth with the lies their banter creates.

Now, I feel they must have a few systems here and there. I wish we could find one to expose it. All it takes is one that becomes dissolutioned. Maybe sooner or late a true patriot from one of these components will wisen up. But I wonder about that. I am assuming they only use TRUE believers in their system.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This exercise in creative accounting will still get an A. Obviously the recession is going to drag on longer than most people think. If they can stimulate the corporate boards into thinking it is time to hire and the recovery is just around the corner than who cares if the early stages of the recovery are just that *staged*.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Reminds me of recently when they reported new job creation numbers, and around 1/3 of the jobs created were census related... "temporary" jobs.

Maybe the GAO should investigate that.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The government has always played fast and loose with the numbers; be it jobs, deficit spending, money supply etc... If you go back and look they have changed their "Accounting methods" so many times, even the most thorough accountant would be confused.

I had a Jesuit Statistics professor who used to always say, "Numbers are alot like prisoners... you can get them to tell you anything if you just torture them enough!"

top topics

join