It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of al-Qaeda in Iraq 'killed in raid'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Head of al-Qaeda in Iraq 'killed in raid'

www.timesonline.co.uk

The US hailed the killing of Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, left, and Abu Ayyub al-Masri, the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq, as a devastating blow to al-Qaeda

The US said that its forces had dealt a devastating blow to al-Qaeda after the terror network’s top two leaders in Iraq were killed in a night-time raid.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Abu Ayyub al-Masri, the head of al-Qaeda in Iraq, and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, his close associate and the purported leader of the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI), were tracked to a safe house near Tikrit, Saddam Hussein’s hometown, on Sunday night. US forces fired two missiles at the house as Iraqi ground troops stormed it. An American helicopter crashed during the assault, killing one US soldier.

The two al-Qaeda commanders were found in a hole in the ground, the Iraqis said. Also killed in the attack were al-Baghdadi’s son and al-Masri’s assistant.

“Their deaths are potentially devastating blows to Al-Qaeda Iraq,” said Joe Biden, the US Vice-President. “This operation is evidence in my view, that the future of Iraq will not be shaped by those who would seek to destroy that country.”

Can America go home now?

This is supposedly some exciting news. Now.... will this be the harbinger of doom that America was expecting for an 'Al Queda' Operation to go off unhitched in the U.S.?

STAY TUNED FOLKS....

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Remember a year or so ago, they hit the head of the pakistan taliban and they paraded it as a 'victory'. Turned out he was working for the americans and they got duped into hitting that 'target'. Hit their intelligence hard that did. Wonder if they got duped again this time or the product of superior US intelligence , you decide.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
They tell us every six months that the top AlQueda leader has been killed or the #2 been killed.

There's always somebody there to take their place. I don't even believe they exist to tell you the truth.

Just more disinformation.

You know it's funny you never see them interview one eh? They're always dead.

The war on Terror was never about Al Queda, it should have been called " The War Of Terror".

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
They tell us every six months that the top AlQueda leader has been killed or the #2 been killed.

There's always somebody there to take their place. I don't even believe they exist to tell you the truth.

The war on Terror was never about Al Queda, it should have been called " The War Of Terror".

~Keeper

Exactly! They've now made the statement - once again, that Number 1 and number 2 were killed... and they found them in the same manner they discovered Saddam hussein - down in a hole.

ODD... isn't it?

Now. Do we here in America expect the next False flag to erupt over this?

being that I'm here in Vegas.... I think that I need to take a short trip out of town.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well Borat said he left New York in case the jews repeat their attack of 9/11, and he called our war a war of terror. Turns out he was just a little bit ahead of his time.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if they did just invent this to make it seem like something is happening. They probably just shot some farmers with a drone and claimed they were leaders of Al-qaeda.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You are not playing the game. You are supposed to be terrified of kalashnikov wielding terrorists under the bed . That they killed the number one should make you sleep safer , knowing that the good troops are out there protecting you and your freedoms. If they had not killed this man, he may have been on the next flight over Denver carrying a nuclear device. You have not read the script.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
already posted and is being discussed in a couple places

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You can understand how bad it was for the red ruski communist fearing americans. Back then they did not have the internet to communicate with others who otherwise would laugh at their strange ways. These days , at least you have a link to those across the world not submerged in US lies and propaganda. It isn't so bad.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Angry al-Qaeda = attempted terrorist attacks

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The goal isn't to wipe out Al-Qaeda by killing its leaders rather it is to force more and more inexperienced leaders further up the chain of command . Its an effective strategy that can be implemented with minimal force .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
mission accomplished

NOT!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
The goal isn't to wipe out Al-Qaeda by killing its leaders

How true!

It's not about "eliminating" the head of Al-Qaeda, it should be more about "eliminating" the reason why this is happening to begin with!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This whole thing sounds very fishy, but then again, the Iraq War is quite a hazy affair altogether. The story surrounding these two militants sounds like disinformation as some have speculated? All the reports of them being detained or killed in the years prior to the raid and their deaths today is very intriguing. So, are they dead or alive, imprisoned, at-large, or even real? Or are they a figment of the Bush and now Obama Administration's imagination?

I have a Russian Blue cat, and I used to live at place with a mouse problem. The cat was an outstanding mouser, and it would appear that she was catching them all the time chasing them to and fro. She would get one in her mouth, but let it go again. Then the chase would ensue, but we would rarely find any of them dead to toss in the trash can the following morning. I was living at home then, and I would say to my mother that the cat would catch mice all the time, but very rarely finish them off. Then my mother responded jokingly, "She is ensuring her own job security."

In light of the story above, could these so-called Al-Qaeda in Iraq leaders be nothing more than the mice and the US and Iraqi governments the cat? Perhaps, the War on Terror in Iraq and elsewhere is nothing more than a game of cat and mouse, and when these guys are picked up by Iraqi, Pakistani, or Afghani authorities they somehow disappear or the confirmation of their detention or deaths remain unconfirmed by US government allowing the chase to continue. Therefore, as a result, it gives a reason for the US military to remain in Iraq and central Asia for the immediate future and beyond.

I mention this, because I have seen conflicting reports about the two men killed by US and Iraqi forces today. Not only on ATS but elsewhere. Reports of them being captured, killed, and then recaptured and killed again. Check the video below, and it sums up the mystery surrounding Al-Qaeda in Iraq and the alleged masterminds killed today, and check the links as the narrator says to validate the claims.

So, either the MSM has a problem getting a story straight before running it, or the US and Iraqi governments are having hard time getting their story straight? Or as some have said, it may be just another disinformation campaign to keep the "War on Terror," Islamic boogie men, and the need for a steady military presence fresh in the minds of the American public and people of the Middle East and Central Asia? So, I am confused as I am sure many others are about these two individuals killed today, and their back stories.

Maybe the Islamic terrorists have mastered the art of resurrection or are escape artists in the league of Harry Houdini? Or maybe this is just another attempt at manipulating the public, and a political ploy by the Obama and Al Maliki governments? Who really knows? It is interesting to say the least, but the major discrepancies of the official story will no doubt be ignored by the MSM media, and confined to arena of fringe media circles.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

~Keeper

Google these names.. its hilarious.

In 2007 Brig. Gen Bergner announced intelligence determined Abu Omar al-Baghdadi was not a real person.. that didn't stop VP joe biden from calling this fake persons re-death "potentially devastating blows to Al Qaeda Iraq."..LMAO biden doesn't have a clue about the script hes reading.

Both guys have been previously killed, captured and confessed on television.. before being killed this time.

a police official in Anbar province said al-Masri died when his explosives belt detonated Reports of al-Masri’s death first emerged Tuesday from the Interior Ministry, which said the al-Qaida leader was gunned down by rivals

But not only is the Islamic State of Iraq a contrived entity, its leader, Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, is as well. “To further this myth [of the Islamic State of Iraq], al Masri created a fictional political head of ISI known as Omar al-Baghdadi,”

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Meh *shrugs*

So a couple of Al Qaeda "leaders" were killed...It pretty much means nothing, as Al Qaeda morphed from an organisation into an idea a long, long time ago...

And we all know that it is virtually impossible to kill an idea...

sarcasm on

Though I do wish the US every success in its endeavours in trying to do so...

/sarcasm off

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'll re-post this, since I posted it on another thread, which was closed down, as a duplicate of this one:
One of the things that truly perplexes me is the frequency of such reports by the military. It seems as if every few days, they killed the "top military" leader(s) of Al Qaeda. It reminds me of the "Viet Cong body count" reports that the military put out during the Viet Nam war. When you totaled those reports up, they apparently killed off the entire population of Vietnam many times over.
IMHO, this is nothing more than an attempt to justify the cost of money and lives for these war adventures that have actually produced nothing positive for the security of the US or anyone else for that matter.

The Bush administration produced many of these reports, and now Obama, supposedly elected to get us out of these foolish adventures, continues the same route as Bush.

top topics

join