It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US confirms 2 al-Qaida in Iraq leaders killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

US confirms 2 al-Qaida in Iraq leaders killed

news.yahoo.com

BAGHDAD – The U.S. military confirms the two leaders of al-Qaida in Iraq have been killed in a joint operation with Iraqi forces.

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki announced the killings of Abu Omar al-Baghdadi and Abu Ayyub al-Masri earlier Monday at a news conference in Baghdad and showed reporters photographs of their bloody corpses.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sure, they have already been replaced by now and US/NATO forces are trying to determine who is next in line... but this is a significant blow.

Unsure how it takes THIS long to find some of these leaders, but a job well done I must say.

It's kind of intriguing that to prove this they have to nationally publicize the actual bloody bodies of the leaders for all ages to see but I guess that's how things are run over there.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Killed eh?.. in April 24, 2009 he was reported to be captured.

"Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, a leader of the so-called Islamic State of Iraq, was held in the capital after a tip-off, said Major General Qasim Atta, Baghdad’s security spokesman"

www.timesonline.co.uk...

2 years prior in July 07 the US military proclaimed that both al-Baghdadi and Islamic State of Iraq were both fakes.

The US military dropped a bombshell in July 2007 when it stated Baghdadi was in fact a fictitious person created by Abu Ayyub al Masri, the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq.

www.longwarjournal.org...

But not only is the Islamic State of Iraq a contrived entity, its leader, Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, is as well. “To further this myth [of the Islamic State of Iraq], al Masri created a fictional political head of ISI known as Omar al-Baghdadi,” said Brig. Gen Bergner.

www.longwarjournal.org...

In 2009 "Iraqi authorities" showed a video of the fictional, captured now dead guy admitting to various crimes

Iraqi authorities showed a videotape today of the man they say is Abu Omar al Baghdadi confessing to being one of Iraq's most wanted terrorists and admitting that his group received support from the mainstream Iraqi Islamic Party.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

The war on terror has devolved into "Days of our lives" where the fake bad guy and his make believe force of terror can be captured, killed a few times and shown confessing.. lol

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Its to my knowledge, but im not gonna sit here and look this up all day that both of these men died multipule times over the last few years. I read that their is photos of the bodies, but I have yet to find them. take the news with a grain of salt. They will die again! They know the people dont pay attention to the war anymore. Use the same names make it sound good and worth it more and more

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Abu Ayyub al-Masri has also been killed again..and again, maybe... as well as captured.

Abu Ayyub al-Masri was reported killed around Oct. 3, 2006, and again around May 1, 2007. Al-Qaida denied he was killed, and U.S. authorities have not confirmed his death.

www.globalsecurity.org...

In May 08 Abu Ayyub al-Masri was reported captured, after his previously announced death was not really.

Abu Ayyub al-Masri, the nom de guerre of Abu Hamza al-Muhajir, was captured in a joint US-Iraqi operation, according to Iraqi military sources quoted by the Arabic news channel al-Arabiya. The US military said it could not confirm the information. Al-Masri’s death was reported by the Iraqi military last year and later proved to be wrong

www.timesonline.co.uk...

VP biden got all excited calling the deaths of these killed, re-killed captured fake boogie men "potentially devastating blows to Al Qaeda Iraq."..LMAO.. but it gets better, army Gen. Raymond Odierno also got all giddy over the re-killing of the already dead fake foes..

"The death of these terrorists is potentially the most significant blow to Al Qaeda in Iraq since the beginning of the insurgency," said Odierno, who commands all U.S. troops and is President Obama's point man leading the American drawdown in Iraq.

www.nydailynews.com...

Back in 07 US forces killed Abu Ayyub al-Masris successor too:
www.usf-iraq.com...

This poor dude was also reported to have blown himself up AND was gunned down by rivals.. I'm not sure if this was before of after his other deaths.

a police official in Anbar province said al-Masri died when his explosives belt detonated

Reports of al-Masri’s death first emerged Tuesday from the Interior Ministry, which said the al-Qaida leader was gunned down by rivals

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The war machines clowns have no freak'n idea wtf is going on.. yet they never pass up an opportunity to congratulate themselves for killing or capturing fake bad guys over and over again.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Thanks for pointing out discrepancies in the official story surrounding the two men who may have been killed in today's raid? It seems like a "wag the dog," scenario has been discovered about the back story for these two men? Who is to gain by it and to what end?

Apparently, Abu Ayyub al-Masri's slain accomplice never existed to begin with, and his organization is a figment of someone's imagination? This stuff just continues to get better and better by the day. Fraud seems to be marketed and sold as truth by the very individuals tasked with highlighting fraud and discrepancies with government activities and military operations.

The MSM is a joke, and they walk around with their chests out as the professionals in the business. If they were, then they would have done the simple task of following-up on the discrepancies you have highlighted in your post. Maybe these two phantoms will be captured or killed again? Please excuse the sarcasm in the last sentence, but this is very interesting! The sad thing is that another bomb shell will be thrown to the wayside and forgotten by the MSM, and as a result, forgotten by the American and Iraqi people.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

These groups should be case studies in the Harvard Business Review on organizational depth and succession planning!

I think these claims are nonsense and are put forth every once in a while to make it look like progress is being made fighting these folks.

Think about what the folks managing this war talk about:

- this is a stateless entity hence traditional methods of warefare don't work. They are stateless, yet we have them in Iran, Iraq, Saudi, Somalia, Yemen, Afganistan, Pakistan. My understanding is that all of the above are states. We also have claims of state sponsorship of these groups, most notably coming out of Saudi, Pakistan and Iran. OK, how about we deal with those states? Oh, I forgot. It makes no sense to deal with these states who we identify as sponsors of these groups because the groups are "stateless"

- there is no organization, these are small cadres of like minded terrorists. OK, then how is there an ""al Queda of the Arabian Peninnsula". That certainly sounds like an organization. Oh, I forgot, its only an organizaiton when one of these fools is killed. When pressed about when this nonsense will be over they are not "organizations" but independant cells.

- these groups are impossible to inflitrate, hence on the ground intelligence is practically impossible to obtain. OK, but how does that jive with the claims of constant recruiting by these groups all over the world? If they are so bent on getting new members, shouldn't we be able to get a couple of assets into the mix and provide some real intelligence? Oh, I forgot, these are just pod of folks and there is no way to recruit folks into the overall terrorist organization.

- these folks actually have infrastructure, aka training facilities and camps. We can get folks into gitmo and get them to tell us they went to a training camp in Pakistan, yet we can't take out the training camp? If some loser like Johnny Walker can find his way to the camp, you're telling me that the US government with the $billions of intelligence equipment can't find it? Oh, I forgot, these groups are moving around so much due to their stateless nature that we don't know where to find their camps.

- With the acknowledged lack of intelligence, how do we know the function other than association these dudes have with any of these shops? How do you know the gent is "head of operations of al Queda of the Arabian Pennsiula? Does he give out a business card?

Give me a break

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

These groups should be case studies in the Harvard Business Review on organizational depth and succession planning!

I think these claims are nonsense and are put forth every once in a while to make it look like progress is being made fighting these folks.

Think about what the folks managing this war talk about:

- this is a stateless entity hence traditional methods of warefare don't work. They are stateless, yet we have them in Iran, Iraq, Saudi, Somalia, Yemen, Afganistan, Pakistan. My understanding is that all of the above are states. We also have claims of state sponsorship of these groups, most notably coming out of Saudi, Pakistan and Iran. OK, how about we deal with those states? Oh, I forgot. It makes no sense to deal with these states who we identify as sponsors of these groups because the groups are "stateless"

- there is no organization, these are small cadres of like minded terrorists. OK, then how is there an ""al Queda of the Arabian Peninnsula". That certainly sounds like an organization. Oh, I forgot, its only an organizaiton when one of these fools is killed. When pressed about when this nonsense will be over they are not "organizations" but independant cells.

- these groups are impossible to inflitrate, hence on the ground intelligence is practically impossible to obtain. OK, but how does that jive with the claims of constant recruiting by these groups all over the world? If they are so bent on getting new members, shouldn't we be able to get a couple of assets into the mix and provide some real intelligence? Oh, I forgot, these are just pod of folks and there is no way to recruit folks into the overall terrorist organization.

- these folks actually have infrastructure, aka training facilities and camps. We can get folks into gitmo and get them to tell us they went to a training camp in Pakistan, yet we can't take out the training camp? If some loser like Johnny Walker can find his way to the camp, you're telling me that the US government with the $billions of intelligence equipment can't find it? Oh, I forgot, these groups are moving around so much due to their stateless nature that we don't know where to find their camps.

- With the acknowledged lack of intelligence, how do we know the function other than association these dudes have with any of these shops? How do you know the gent is "head of operations of al Queda of the Arabian Pennsiula? Does he give out a business card?

Give me a break

top topics

join