It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This existed when nothing else did

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Temperature.

When and if the void, nothingness what ever you want to call the time pre anything. One thing existed regardless of what else there was or was not and that is temperature.

I speculate that in the void of pre existence there was a tiny minuscule variance of temperature in the nothingness that was before all else.

This minuscule temperature variance interacted to create the first energy ever in the universe be it a quark, particle or atom. Once that first energy was created by an infinitely tiny variance in temperature in the nothingness, it created a cascading effect throughout the void of temperature variance ever increasing the amount of energy in the universe until such time the first gases came into existence not in a big bang but more like a gigantic cloud producing rain.

When enough of these gases came into existence drawn together initially by magnetic forces within the atoms gravity came into existence causing even more turbulence and energy in the universe. Then the first stars came into existence as we understand it today.

Temperature variance is the Creator of all. You heard it here first!

Temperature is nothing, yet it exists when nothing else could.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Xeven]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hmm.. I thought temperature was a way of measuring the differance in kenetic energy from a baseline. Thus, there must be energy of some sort in order to derive a temperature.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
But temperature of nothing cannot exist? Temperature is just a "description" of movement/energy of particles.
So if there was nothing - there was no temperature.
Or my school memories fail me?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
pretty sure temperature is energy, and cannot exist in vaccume space

that's why they developed the kelvin system, if i recall correctly

i'm sure alot of the atsers will come here and post links and use their 'brains' and whatnot

but for what it's worth right now, i don't beleive anything can be 0 degree kelvin temperature because to do so something would have to not exist at all

so you are saying that before anything existed there was temperature? that doesn't really make sense because temperature is created from the existence of 'things'

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I don't believe in the Big Bang theory, therefore the Universe is an Infinite Universe without beginning or ends or else perpetual cycles, streaming in from zero point, from the Infinite Beyond.

The binary code for the hollographic infinte universe school is 10101010101................11111....representing infinite equal consciousness/individuals and 000000.....planets.

We have always existed, and infinity stretches both ways infinitely.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
aren't things hotter when the atoms vibrate more and colder when they vibrate less, hence absolute zero would be when atoms come to a stand still? Furthermore it wasn't just nothingness according to the big bang theory... wasn't there a pinhead bit of "stuff" that contained everything in our universe that exploded? I'm confused, but then again I'm no scientists so I'm confused about a lot of stuff.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm not so sure on temperature...

As far as i can recall, temperature is generated through the movement of (I stand for correction here) protons and electrons within the atoms of all matter.

I would think that the only ever-lasting force in the universe would be GRAVITY (the attractive force between all matter). This, i think would cause the sub-atomic particles to move, which would create heat, etc... Once more I stand for correction, as i'm not sure precisely what forces are required for gravity to exist.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Havoc40k]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Actually... since we invented temperature as a way of measuring energy it didn't exist.

Close this thread and hang your head in shame.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well hows aboot we look at the laws of thermodynamics

First law of thermodynamics, about the conservation of energy:
The change in the internal energy of a closed thermodynamic system is equal to the sum of the amount of heat energy supplied to or removed from the system and the work done on or by the system. So, we can say (1) "Energy is neither created nor destroyed" and (2) "There is no free lunch."[16]
Second law of thermodynamics, about entropy:
The total entropy of any isolated thermodynamic system always increases over time, approaching a maximum value or we can say, "In an isolated system, the entropy never decreases". Another way to phrase this: Heat cannot spontaneously flow from a colder location to a hotter area - work is required to achieve this.
Third law of thermodynamics, about the absolute zero of temperature:
As a system asymptotically approaches absolute zero of temperature all processes virtually cease and the entropy of the system asymptotically approaches a minimum value; also stated as: "the entropy of all systems and of all states of a system is zero at absolute zero" or equivalently "it is impossible to reach the absolute zero of temperature by any finite number of processes". Absolute zero, at which all activity would stop if it were possible to happen, is −273.15 °C (degrees Celsius), or −459.67 °F (degrees Fahrenheit) or 0 K (kelvins, formerly sometimes degrees absolute).

This is from wikipedia and it is absolutely correct.
So this puts quite a few holes in your theory unless you can work with these to change the books.. doubt it however, interseting theory
keep up the deep thinkin

top topics

join